How do you have your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• jordansilvia
    jordansilvia Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make this meal all the time: Egg noodles and cottage cheese. Add a little salt. Done. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
  • hattie491145
    hattie491145 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I crush/grind allspice berries (you could add pre-ground) into a new pot and let it flavour it til I'm ready to use it. - I always add a little salt when I serve it because I like salty sweet. Before that - I used slice fresh on-the-vine tomatoes and topped with loads of freshly ground black pepper and salt. Nice on crunchy ryvita.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I mix it with some chocolate whey and add some nuits and fruits or PB.
    A few good ideas on here!
  • weebub
    weebub Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    On crackers - Cruskits - topped with pickled onion.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    bump for later .... iv never had cottage cheese lol
  • Hwalsh0304
    Options
    I like to sprinkle it with some dried dill and scoop it out with reduced fat Wheat Thins.
    I also like to add some cinnamon and chopped apples, topped with crushed pineapple or mandarin oranges.
    For lunch, sometimes I mix in some grated Parmesan, garlic powder, Lawry's, and black pepper and use it as topping on a baked potato. Super filling!!
    I have a relative that likes to drizzle Catalina dressing on hers.
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese quiche

1 cup 1% cottage cheese
    6-9 tablespoons egg whites
    2 tablespoons of hormel bacon bits
    spinach

Mix, bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes.

Makes 2 healthy portions, each portion has 24-26 grams of protein. I make it the night before and eat it for breakfast after my workout.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Chopped tomato, fresh basil and salt & pepper.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Full fat please ; )
  • Wazeal
    Wazeal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chopped up tomatoes through the cottage cheese is so good.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I don't like mixing peanut butter with it.

But that's it. I love it with fruit or salsa

Daisy imo is the best
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat non fat cottage cheese plain.

But, when I want a snack, sometimes, I add either peaches (lite syrup), or fruit cocktail(lite syrup).
  • NeeNee5674
    Options
    I have nothing new to add, but I have definitely gleaned several ideas here, thank you! I've usually just enjoyed it plain or with peaches, which I love, but I also love variety so I'm loving all the versatility on this thread. Thanks again! :wink:
  • Espichick11
    Options
    Because I despise cottage cheese, a friend gave me these suggestions and they are actually delicious....
    with a little sugar free jello powder (i like lemon, lime, strawberry but im sure they are all good)
    or
    with sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding mix
    or
    with brown sugar
    may sound nasty, thats what I thought but they were pretty darn good and the only way I eat it now :)
  • tree618
    Options
    I love cottage cheese.... but I have never in my life heard of eating it with nuts or even peanut butter.... I have added veggies and friut to it, I have added it to potatoes and chilli, I have eaten it plain, used it on a salad instead of dressing.... But eating it with nuts just seems gross... but now I am going to have to go buy some just so I can try it with nuts! HA who knew!
  • Tdacks
    Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Commenting just to have this thread saved. I just bought the friendlies brand. I usually love cottage cheese, and noticed the "no salt added" label, so I picked it up. Now I need to find things to combine it with, because it is too bland and dry. How the heck is cottage cheese dry? Ugh.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    With jalapeno peppers and lots of black pepper! Mmmm
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like to put it on pasta! I throw a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese in the blender with a tablespoon or two of pesto (I've also used buffalo sauce) and a couple spoonfuls of the pasta water, blend until smooth and pour it over the pasta. I usually throw some broccoli in the mix too. It reminds me of alfredo sauce. So good!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    With HONEY!!! :love:

2jexmcz.jpg

LOVEEEEE Organic Valley Cottage Cheese
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

It seems so alien to me to eat cottage cheese with anything sweet :noway: .....going to take some time to get my head around this!! :laugh:

hhahahahaha I feel the same way about SAVORY cottage cheese! I can't wrap my brain around it! I was having a convo about it today actually with a friend and she eats it with potato chips! :noway: