anyone on 800 calories diet?

Options

Replies

• RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 500 calorie diet at the moment.
    You lose a bit... but after a while, the weight loss begins to slow down... :/
    Exercise is a necessity unfortunately.

Do you have a death wish? You need to consult a licensed nutricionist.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

PS youve been here since October 2012.
    If its been a month you should have already lost your water weight...if youve been doing it right.
    Seeing how you havent lost anything....shocking!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Give us your address so we can call the ambulance......
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    yer - im on that diet - its amazing and EVERYONE should try it - i eat 800 cals for breakfast, followed by a tiny snack of a wee 200, then 800cals for lunch, followed by another tiny 200cal snack then 800 again for dinner - then if i feel hungry i might eat another 800 before hitting the sack! honestly you should give eating a go!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I love the 800 calorie diet. I do almost two and a half of those a day!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Dear lord no. People! Eat food! Don't do this craziness! It is terrible for your body and your mind. Value yourself. Value your physical and mental health. Feed your body the fuel it needs. And most of all even if you're stupid enough to do this to yourself, stop advocating it to easily misinformed newbies! This is a fitness site. Not a starve yourself site.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would really harm people badly if on that restricted of a diet. Honestly I have to keep my calories at about 1700, and that's after workouts. Because otherwise.....

It get's ugly up in here.
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • shirleynieman
    Options
    Exercise more, eat more! Be good to yourself....do it the healthy way!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I try to not go as high as 800... for breakfast!

Seriously, no, only if I was ill. Current target is set to 2,000 per day and eating every tiny calorie of it! :drinker:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I am probably close to 800 calories for breakfast today. I am no doctor, but 800 calories a day cannot be healthy.
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    21991008.jpg

the-angry-mob.png

:explode: LOL
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    come on

35kfzu.jpg
  • supermoo2
    Options
    it's not healthy. It is better to lose around 1 pound per week - you are more likely to keep it off that way. Net calories for that should be no less than 1500 to still be able to get all the nutrients that your body needs to stay healthy
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm on an 800 calorie diet where I eat 800 calories, and then I eat 700 more. It's worked great for me.

THIS!!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options

This is the quote of the day in my book - kudos to you :drinker: !

Plus it made me laugh too!
  • yeshualovesme
    yeshualovesme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You do realize that in Auschwitz, the prisoners were starving and emaciated on calorie counts between 1250-1400 calories?

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/auschwitzbasics.html
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have a sincere question...

If 'starvation mode' really exists, why do anorexics continue to get thinner and thinner? Now, I know they're not healthy...I am asking strictly from a weight-loss perspective. (For that matter, being fat is obviously not healthy either...) Anyway, I'm asking in all sincerity - and I'm not pushing for eating disorders, but when someone eats fewer and fewer calories (as in anorexia,) why does their body not hold onto fat like you guys are saying? Why does their weight loss not stop? It doesn't; they wither away...But according to the 'starvation mode' mentality, people with anorexia should be fat...

Seriously, why???
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    A doctor put me on 800 calories when I was in university, at a time when I was about 10 lbs overweight. I blame him for slowing my metabolism to a near halt.
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes, and failed every time.
This discussion has been closed.