30 mins a day and 5lbs per month anyone interested :)

Options

Replies

• 33KIKI
    33KIKI Posts: 304
    Options
    So sorry I am late - yesterday my sis gave birth to my neice Isabella -woo hoo but I was there the whole time telling her to push and breathe:tongue:

Anyhoo ..
    SW 203.6
    CW 201.8

So close to breaking that 200 lbs mark I can taste it :heart:

My doc said to cut out the carbs for a while and then once I hit my goal weight then I can bring back the good carbs- is there such a thing?!

Anyhoo - keep up all the good work folks:wink:
  • Cindy717
    Cindy717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in. Does it count that I did 30 minutes the past three days?
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of a family emergency so I will hopefully be back next week.
    Good luck with your family. Hopefully everyone comes through fine and you can come back to us.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Well, it's Wednesday so I'm checking in. SW: 150 CW: 149 GW:145 Thinking I'm not going to make the 5lb/mo weight loss. Ah well. Slow and steady reaches the goal eventually! My ChaLEAN Extreme workouts are definitely helping. I am stronger and have lost inches in my hips and waist. Always a plus. Good luck and hope to hear from everyone on this thread.
  • 33KIKI
    Options
    Checking in SW: 203.6 CW: 200.2- I think I can make my goal this month - got a little more that a week to push through it. Changed gyms so tring out different classes so today it's Water Aerobics- hope it's fun
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Congrats Cheshire143! Keep going strong! I applaud you for trying water aerobics....let us know how it goes. I just started beachbody (Chalean Extreme and Shakeology) and have had great results in a very short time.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    Hello, I am back and thanks for the nice words of support. After spending a few days in the hospital with a hurt hubby. He had surgery on one arm for tendinitis and was in a hard splint. Then had an accident were his other arm was cut really bad by glass (thought it was an artery but wasn't thank God) and had the other arm in a hard splint. Now has both arms in hard splints. He looks kinda silly. Now about the diet stuff.
    At first I felt good because hospital food is not that good and the portions are small and under stress you really aren't too hungry anyway. Then I got home and that all changed. I thought I did horrible but only gained a pound which is gone already so I am excited. I am having a hard time starting up the exercising though because I am so tired. I need to overcome my tiredness and basically laziness. Any good suggestions?
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?? It's taken me 2 months to lose the first 5 pounds, so we'll see if i can step it up for month 3 :)
    My starting weight as of January 1st was 249 :noway: but i'm down to 244 so yay me! lol Anyways I'm trying to get somewhere even remotely close to 200 by my wedding on October 2 of this year. I'll be doing the elliptical for 30 minutes after work today (that's almost impossible by the way lol). I'm excited about this challenge! Good luck everybody!
  • jessifreehugs
    jessifreehugs Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Crap I just realized how long ago yall started this. Oopsy.
  • deckerp
    Options
    Decker checking in: S: 190.0 - C: 188.6 - G: 185.0

I've been doing my usual. Exercise is good but eating habits not as good. I feel pretty good though. I've been steadily coming down. It just takes a while I guess. Hopefully that way it'll be easy to maintain.

My routine is to watch a DVD while on the elliptical. I watch an episode of Start Trek: The Next Generation in the morning and another at night. So two 45 minute sessions per day. I don't put a ton of effort into the sessions but I do work up a sweat and I think my heart rate works up to the 130 range.

I'm glad you made it back JennSchn.
  • deckerp
    Options
    Crap I just realized how long ago yall started this. Oopsy.

That's OK, we may all jump right back in for another challenge when this one wraps up.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    I lost another pound! Woo hoo! How is everyone doing?
  • deckerp
    Options
    I keep edging down. I won't make the 5 pound goal we started with but I'm happy to continue in the right direction. I think I have a pretty good long term trend going.

I've been doing OK on the food intake. I don't pay too much attention to what I eat, but I've cut some treats out that seem to add up.

I stepped up the exercise to two 45 minute sessions on the elliptical. It starts to get addicting doesn't it? I don't feel quite right if I don't do my elliptical sessions. I like the elliptical better than my strength training though. I have trouble keeping up on those. It takes another 20 or 30 minutes to work that in and I already spend a lot of time exercising.

I'm glad I got going on MFP though. Good luck to all.
  • JennSchn
    Options
    Start 181 now 178. Not what I wanted but still ok with it since I took a week and a half off for family emergency and I did horrible during that time. I also had a slow start to get back on track. I was walking 5 miles 5 days a week but started the 30 Day Shred.
    I like the walking cuz it burned a whole lot more cal but I like the Shred for muscle def. I would like to do both when I am not so sore from the Shred. Sounds like everyone is doing well and I am glad. Thanks for everyone's help and encouragement.
  • deckerp
    Options
    Started 190.0 now 185.8.

That's the lowest I've seen in years. I keep making steady progress so I'm happy. I may back off the exercise just a bit and pay more attention to my food intake. It's good to shake up the exercise to keep it from getting stale. I think I'll do an elliptical session in the morning and then do more strength oriented exercises in the evening (a few days a week).

Good to see others going through the same thing I am.
  • mickbart1979
    mickbart1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Need a little encouragement. I work out on my Wii for 30 mins 2 times a day:happy: :happy:
  • 33KIKI
    Options
    Okay so checking in - I had dropped to 199 but today I weighed in at 201 again - but I think it may be water..agghh...I wanted to stay below 200 - so I hope to push this week and be back next week reporting good stats.

SW:203.8
    CW:201

Water aerobics was intresting - fun but I was the youngest so it felt a lil strange- however I have been doing Zumba - love it and I tried a muscle sculpting class - still feeling that. Tonight is Spin class.

Good luck and keep up the good work ya'll!
  • Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Can i join in with you guys. Been stuck in the same spot for a while and need to kick it up. I just want to get moving.
    Started Jan 12th
    SW-163
    CW-155 For the last 2 weeks
    GW 137
    I just need some motivation today. I don't want to work out and i want to eat everything house.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Welcome Catdemar! As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. I love being a part of something that motivates people to be healthy. I was stuck too, right at the beginning of this thread. Things are moving now though:smile:
    My check in today: I continue to do my ChaLEAN Extreme workout, along with running whenever I can fit it in. I ran 5 miles today at the gym. My weight stats: SW- 150, CW- 147.6, GW for this forum 145...On my way :wink:
  • deckerp
    Options
    I just hit a new low weight! 184.4 I haven't seen that weight since I've been married and that'll be 20 years this year.

It started coming off pretty slowly but has picked up some in the last month or two. I've also picked up the exercises too. I'll probably change the routine up a bit to keep from burning out on the same thing.

I guess there's hope after all. :happy:

The BMI tool on MFP draws the line between HEALTHY and OVERWEIGHT at 184.4 for me. So I guess I'll just keep trying to head down to the goal I set of 175.