Options

Replies

• cris025
    Options
    Time for a new doctor.........
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You need to find a new doctor. I can't even say anything else because that is absolute CRAP! I eat about 1700 cals/day, workout 4-5 times a week and have CONSISTENTLY lost weight...I'm 5' tall myself.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Find a new doctor. Now.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    IMO you should get advice from a NUTRITIONIST/DIETITIAN...not your doctor.

YUP!
  • lindapny
    Options
    sounds like you are doing great. im trying to loose weight also. im 246 lbs. i want to see 180 but i'll play that by ear. im linda pleased to meet you.:drinker:
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    get a new doctor, pronto, and consult a nutritionist.
    doctors think they are experts in everything health related, but they're not.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    doctors don't know jack about nutrition. end of story.
  • MiniCooperDeb
    MiniCooperDeb Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You need a new doctor. Yours is nuts.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's time to drop the doctor! Get a new one!

^^This. She's an idiot.
  • MsPris12
    MsPris12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In my honest opinion, I'd really be looking for a new doctor, 750 cals a day is ridiculaous, no matter how short you may be
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    get a different doctor. My doctor wanted me to do 3 protein shakes a day and no solid food, I got a second opinion and they told me he was nuts and not to listen to him. I'm 5 feet tall and weigh around 160. and you are burning more then 100 calories if you're exercising for more then 60 minutes..

^^^ THIS.

I burn 100 calories doing aerobics in 10-15 minutes easily. I'm also much heavier than you, but my heart rate is actually quite good. In an hour and a half I can burn off over 1000 calories. Don't wait to change doctors. She's nuts.
  • sarhoop80
    Options
    My doctor says exercise is the key. He says it's the best way to be successful in weight loss. Get a second opinion. If this is what your doctor is telling you about weight loss, I can't imagine how off she is about your blood sugar issues.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    98-105 is not too high! My husband is diabetic and has been type 2 for years. First I would get a another doctor if not another doctor at least a 2nd opion! Diet and exercise is sooooo important. 750 calories is just plain stupid!
  • Chopper88
    Options
    I'd be seeing a new doc ASAP. They got their license out of a cracker jack box!
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you know more than your doctor. If she did tell you anything about your blood sugar and PCOS, I would dismiss that too for a second opinion.

Btw, I've heard that it is hard to lose weight with PCOS. Don't give up! No matter how hard it is, just remember that you're healthier than you were before becuase you exercise and eat right =]
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    There are so many experts right here at mfp, I don't see why you would need a dr at all ...
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Old Joke: "What do you call a doctor who graduates last in their class............a doctor!"

Most of the people practicing medicine now are getting all their info from drug reps who work for companies that don't make money if we are all healthy. Its not in the healthcare industry's best interest for people to exercise and eat right. There are still great doctors but many docs today are just drug dealers. And the sad thing is most of the drugs don't work in the first place! They just cause more problems. Modern pharmacology is not near as effective as exercise and eating a good balanced diet.

Fire that doc!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There is NO other advice for you. You need to never go back to that doctor again. Find a new doctor in your plan TODAY.
  • tquinn27
    tquinn27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am meeting with a nutritionist/dietician. She told me in order to lose weight healthily I need to eat 1600 calories and do 30 minutes of cardio 3-5 times a week. She also said when I am doing my cardio I should be sweating or I am not working hard enough. So far her advice is working. She told me if I eat too few calories my body will work against me storing all fat instead of burning it off. As far as food is concerned she told me what I eat is very important, no white carbs....limit cheese...use only stevia and honey to sweeten things because they are natural, lean proteins..... lots of veggies...eat fruit.
    So far her advice is working.:smile:
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Time to look for another doctor or at least get a second opinion. What scares me is, if she/he could be this misinformed about basic nutrition what else can she be misinformed in. It would really make me doubt anything else she/he has to say.