Any Canadians feeling the same?!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• binkydo123456789
    binkydo123456789 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I told my family a couple of weeks ago that I must have been a bear in my past life---because I feel the urge to bulk up for hibernation. I HATE winter ---it makes me want to curl up on the couch under a blanket, reading a book or watching tv eating junk all day. I have to push myself to go to the gym---which im glad i do because i always feel better afterwards
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Christmas season gets me every time!
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    With all this snow all I want to do is eat soup and hibernate.

Curse you, Canadian weather!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have the urge to drink hot chocolate and sit in front of a fireplace which does not exist in our house. lol

I don't have the urge to eat everything, however I get lazy on the workout part. Our house is so cold that I just want to cuddle in the couch under five blankets so it takes me twice as long to get up and workout. Usually I do half my workout in my super fuzzy pj pants and a sweater then once I'm warm, switch to my workout clothes. lol
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    OMG I was just going to post a topic on this very issue....I'm friggin starving all day. I thought I was alone in this but am glad to see I'm not. I haven't read through all the posts but it's funny I have been thinking about it for a couple days. Will read back through and see what everyone else has to say. I have stayed below my calorie in-take but it is annoying when I wasn't hungry all summer.
  • colindae
    colindae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I started mfp right after thanksgiving.... that was my enough is enough weekend. But Halloween killed me and I do want to eat all the time. Plus I hate the cold and would rather stay inside. Lucky for me theres a treadmill in the breakroom at work and I joined mfp so I have people to telll me to smarten up!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    The only thing that gets to me is the darkness. I go to work and it's dark, and then I come home when it is getting dark. I don't eat more, but I do crave comfort foods.
  • majikmiker
    majikmiker Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Being in BC it's not majorly cold like other areas, so not feeling the need to hibernate quite yet. Although the wet weather makes me not want to run outside anymore, which sucks. It was plus 12 here today, although it's supposed to be down to plus 2 tonight.....brrrrr. :tongue:
    I'm having more of a problem with Halloween candy! Jeesh, it's everywhere. Now it's on sale at all the stores for like a third of the regular price. Ugghh. :angry:

Anyways, I'd love to add more Canadians to my friends list, so feel free to add me anyone as well!!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    The only thing that gets to me is the darkness. I go to work and it's dark, and then I come home when it is getting dark. I don't eat more, but I do crave comfort foods.

I forgot about the darkness! I HATE it. It tricks my brain and makes it so hard to get out of bed in the mornings. :( lol The only good thing about that is that most days I get to see the sunrise and the sunset. :) I've got some really pretty pictures that I took while I was driving to work. Makes me wish I could take my real camera and actually stop by the side of the road to take GOOD pictures.

Temperature wise it's only supposed to get to about -13 tonight so it's not too bad. The weather has been really messed up so far this year. And the temperature has been jumping from highs of -10 to +5 ish. Which sucks when it snows since we've been getting a lot of that lately.
  • TAS82
    TAS82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely feel the same all that yummy warm comfort food! AND spiced pumpkin lattes :love:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    We're supposed to get up to 25 centimeters of snow here in SK tonight and tomorrow. And a snowstorm warning to go with it.
    I know it will make me wanna crawl under a blanket with some carb loaded snacks and watch Lord of the Rings for the 15th time. All 3 of them.
    Hey..it's a long weekend, don't judge haha!
    On the other hand, i have an elliptical in the basement so i'll need a better excuse that the weather not to exercise!
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Hello fellow Canadians!:happy:
    I always gain like ten lbs each winter!:explode: This time I won't, well I'm hoping and trying
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    We're supposed to get up to 25 centimeters of snow here in SK tonight and tomorrow. And a snowstorm warning to go with it.
    I know it will make me wanna crawl under a blanket with some carb loaded snacks and watch Lord of the Rings for the 15th time. All 3 of them.
    On the other hand, i have an elliptical in the basement so i'll need a better excuse that the weather not to exercise!

Where in Sask are you?? I'm half way between Saskatoon and Prince Albert. They're predicting snow here but only a few cm and no snow storm warning.

Sadly I'm working all weekend. :( I'm hoping the roads aren't too terribly. I've already driven to work three times when they said travel on the highways is not recommended lol
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options

Where in Sask are you?? I'm half way between Saskatoon and Prince Albert. They're predicting snow here but only a few cm and no snow storm warning.

Sadly I'm working all weekend. :( I'm hoping the roads aren't too terribly. I've already driven to work three times when they said travel on the highways is not recommended lol
    Small town Estevan haha! about 2.5 hours from Regina. I actually had to drive to Regina last Sunday and while the highways weren't icy or anything the fog was so dense you could barely see anything. Pretty scary! Be careful out there if you need to drive to work(which sucks on a long weekend ):flowerforyou:
  • KayteeBear
    Options

Small town Estevan haha! about 2.5 hours from Regina. I actually had to drive to Regina last Sunday and while the highways weren't icy or anything the fog was so dense you could barely see anything. Pretty scary! Be careful out there if you need to drive to work(which sucks on a long weekend ):flowerforyou:

I've already hit the ditch once on the very first day of snow. Which was the first time EVER hitting the ditch for me. So I'm hoping that it'll be the only time. :P Thankfully I do have really good snow tires on so that helps a lot. And a bit of extra time...lol
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I get into that hibernation mode too....feel like I need to get it all in before it's too late.

It didn't help that the first 10 days of the month we didn't see the sun - that just makes comfort food call even louder.

This year I'm trying to be concious of my healthy choices and not go crazy wtih some "all or nothing" mentality about what I can and can't eat....but man oh man I am starving.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I moved to Canada, after a few years I did feel like I wanted to eat and sleep during winter, and I gained a little weight, but once I hit 110 pounds over the course of those few years (on my small frame) I decided to re-commit to my fitness. I have adjusted and will stay the course now. That was the only time that ever happened to me. It did not happen when I lived on the east coast (though I was young and a professional dancer). But, I moved to California because I very much disliked the cold. I lived there for 7 years and moving up to Canada was a change for me (during the snowiest winters they'd had in over 20 years). Reminded me of being pregnant. But, I think seasonal depression is a factor in that.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    def. Thanksgiving was kind to me and Halloween wasn't bad...but my birthday was yesterday and between that and Christmas its like FOOOOOD EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEEEEE after halloween AND thanksgiving! This colder and darker weather just makes me wanna be lazy and I can't! I have so many things to do (school, work, working out!) and its just like LETS SIT AND DRINK HOT CHOCOLATE AND EAT WARM FOODS AND SNUGGLE...and then I'm like oH SNAP I CANT DO THAT I WANNA LOSE WEIGHT AND I HAVE TO FINISH SCHOOL AND I NEED MONIES TO PAY FOR THINGS.

So I totally get it!