Eating too much one day, not enough the next...

Options

Replies

• LuckyMe381
    LuckyMe381 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't think its bad for you unless you develop a eating disorder

Pretty sure that would NEVER happen to me. I love food too much! But being anorexic one day can't hurt could it? ;)

that's not even funny.

I have an eating disorder and one cannot just " be anorexic for a day "
    and we don't just not eat. we eat, just not very much. it's also about the mindset, not even the food.

ugh

Sensitive are we? I'm sure it was just a joke....lighten up

yeah. Ok i'll just lighten up because joking about starving yourself and becoming anorexic for a day is SUCH A FUNNY THING OMG HAHAHAHA!
    I starve myself and have become sick and effed up in the head, It's not funny and it's nothing to joke about.

I think it is so funny!!! no matter what kind of qestions,remarks or advice anyone asks on here there are always going to be the people that have nothing better to do than try to give their pitty parties, rude comments or whatever else....if you are going to comment just answer the questions and give your advice on the subject. geezzz some people are jut way to sensitive....I'm sure you have NEVER told any fat jokes or made fun of someone because they are weird...probably had a mental disorder.....JUST SAYIN!!
  • I don't think its bad for you unless you develop a eating disorder

Pretty sure that would NEVER happen to me. I love food too much! But being anorexic one day can't hurt could it? ;)

that's not even funny.

and we don't just not eat. we eat, just not very much. it's also about the mindset, not even the food.

ugh

yeah. Ok i'll just lighten up because joking about starving yourself and becoming anorexic for a day is SUCH A FUNNY THING OMG HAHAHAHA!
    I starve myself and have become sick and effed up in the head, It's not funny and it's nothing to joke about.

I think it is so funny!!! no matter what kind of qestions,remarks or advice anyone asks on here there are always going to be the people that have nothing better to do than try to give their pitty parties, rude comments or whatever else....if you are going to comment just answer the questions and give your advice on the subject. geezzz some people are jut way to sensitive....I'm sure you have NEVER told any fat jokes or made fun of someone because they are weird...probably had a mental disorder.....JUST SAYIN!!

Actually I NEVER have made fun of someone or called them fat.
    Having an eating disorder is a MENTAL ILLNESS.

So you people think it's ok to make fun of people with mental illness's?
    Would you go laugh at someone who's has schizophrenia or depression?
    IT'S NOT FUNNY.
    I needed to say all of this because people NEED TO KNOW THAT IT'S NOT OK FOR PEOPLE TO THINK EATING DISORDER'S ARE A JOKE OR SOMETHING TO LAUGH ABOUT.

I'm also talking from personal experience.
    I'm not " sensitive " I'm actually just upset that people take eating disorder's and depression so not seriously. that's disgusting.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

that's not even funny.

ugh

The fact is there are 7 year old kids with anorexia and a lot of people die from anorexia. In my personal opinion being fat is not the same as being anorexic. To be fat is the equivalent of to be thin, which is not the same as anorexic or bulimic. Mental disorder or not, I have one of my own, but anorexia threatens your body and life on a daily basis if you are terribly into the ED. I understand the OP meant no harm, but I also see why it would upset someone who went through it because it is like making fun of cancer. Would that be funny too? If so, maybe you are the one who needs some guidance, just my opinion.
  • LuckyMe381
    Options
    TBH i used to be anorexic and i know how it is but i am not going to be rude to people just because they make a VERY harmless remark
  • LuckyMe381
    Options

that's not even funny.

ugh

The fact is there are 7 year old kids with anorexia and a lot of people die from anorexia. In my personal opinion being fat is not the same as being anorexic. To be fat is the equivalent of to be thin, which is not the same as anorexic or bulimic. Mental disorder or not, I have one of my own, but anorexia threatens your body and life on a daily basis if you are terribly into the ED. I understand the OP meant no harm, but I also see why it would upset someone who went through it because it is like making fun of cancer. Would that be funny too? If so, maybe you are the one who needs some guidance, just my opinion.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS FUNNY BTW.... i was saying it was funny about people givng rude comments
  • TBH i used to be anorexic and i know how it is but i am not going to be rude to people just because they make a VERY harmless remark

I doubt you were. No one with anorexia just parade's around to show off there mental Illness. I'm actually ashamed that I have one and would never want to just go and tell people.
    You probably self diagnosed yourself, right?
    I was in the hospital because I was thin and wanted to DIE.
    Mental illness's ARE NOT FUNNY and shouldn't be joked about.
  • I don't think its bad for you unless you develop a eating disorder

that's not even funny.

ugh

I NEVER SAID IT WAS FUNNY BTW.... i was saying it was funny about people givng rude comments

My god, what are you, 12?
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The best advice I've gotten is just go back to normal eating at the very next meal. In other words, if I went to a brunch and went wild, I should still eat dinner as I normally would (about 350 calories minimum). Otherwise, as has been mentioned, you are at danger of getting into a starve/binge cycle. Nobody wants that.
  • RainxPain
    Options

This really pissed me off, just saying.

geez cant you pople take a joke....i'm sure you have NEVER made any fat jokes befre

Well sorry for being such a c*nt but things like that really do hurt.
  • LuckyMe381
    Options
    TBH i used to be anorexic and i know how it is but i am not going to be rude to people just because they make a VERY harmless remark

I doubt you were. No one with anorexia just parade's around to show off there mental Illness. I'm actually ashamed that I have one and would never want to just go and tell people.

No one parade's around to show off there mental illness huh?.....and what is it you are doing??.......no not self diagnosed...was not trying to start a fight...just can't seem to figure out why people on here are so harsh about things....never said they were funny...I guess i just don't take things so personal...oh well.....hope you have gotten the help you needed for yourself and hope the best for you.
  • Verity1111
    Options

This is true about what it makes you feel like, but some anorexic people also are thin because of only self image (wanting to be thin). I am not one to mind parading any issues around normally, but I have exceptions. You don't have to feel ashamed because you are only human like anyone else. Im sorry youre so upset. xoxo
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    This is getting silly. Some days I eat 1200 calories, some days 3000+. No ED, my body wants want it wants. If I get all my nutrition in what does it matter? You all eat what you want, my body is not in some static state where it needs the same amount daily. Do I punish myself by eating less the next day? Nooooo..homeostasis doesn't work like that.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    My god, what are you, 12?

welcome to the internet
  • LuckyMe381
    Options

geez cant you pople take a joke....i'm sure you have NEVER made any fat jokes befre

I'm sure they do but people take things so personal on here...
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said I guess its weekly average that matters but look at it this way, you came home and ate a pizza....can't say you've being the only person to do that, you didn't eat anything else that day, so maybe just eat cleaner the next day, still getting your nutrients and move along :). I've had this myself sometimes where I do indulge, i may be out with friends get cupcake for lunch or my housemate gets a fruit cake....different things crop up and I end up maybe eating a bit more than I would like but I guess this is normal, we are human, yes some of us may be on diets or trying to change our lifestyles but remember to live a little too, yea we want to be healthy and fit but being too hard on ourselves can completely counteract this in the long run. :)
  • Verity1111
    Options

I'm sure they do but people take things so personal on here...
    Sorry, but that is like making fun of dark skinned people and then a black person getting mad and me saying "don't take it personal" er what? She has anorexia and if someone is making fun of the topic it does the same to her in a way. I understand the not everyone perceives it the same, but from my experience it is a struggle.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Hmm my friends with eating disorders joke about them a lot. They say its a coping mechanism to deal with something that's a really big issue they struggle with. But not everyone deals with things in the same way I guess.

yeah.. eating a normal amount and then " fasting " by not eating the next day or eating a little? that's called being disordered. I used to do that.

If one eats to much one day they NEED to eat the next day.. just not eat a bunch of horrible for your body food

Sorry but that's not true and it is not an eating disorder. You're body doesn't work on a 1 day cycle. If you eat too much one day, it is perfectly fine to keep your calorie count low the next day. Many people in the scientific community refer to this is intermittent fasting and they even go as far as to say it's healthy for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermittent_fasting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD3ug4EaKb0
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    Gee this thread has totally gone off topic lol.

Back to the topic, no it's not bad but it's not a good mindset to have to make up for your "bad" day yesterday by eating very little today. Just go back to your normal diet, and 2000 calories in one day is not a big deal.

Oh and as for the eating disorder comments, I agree with not to take this so personally. Some people don't understand how horrible it really is, and so you can't really expect anything more from them. It's the internet, people make fun of everything, including illnesses. I am diagnosed with an eating disorder... oh hey they made fun of eating disorders and... I don't give a crap. What they think has nothing to do with me. Besides, I don't think it was mean, they didn't pick out someone directly, it was a broad "joke".

Okay, that is all ;P
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hmm my friends with eating disorders joke about them a lot. They say its a coping mechanism to deal with something that's a really big issue they struggle with. But not everyone deals with things in the same way I guess.

yeah.. eating a normal amount and then " fasting " by not eating the next day or eating a little? that's called being disordered. I used to do that.

If one eats to much one day they NEED to eat the next day.. just not eat a bunch of horrible for your body food

I'm sorry ...you seem rather hypocritical. You are saying you have an ED but your username is eat clean stay TINY...hmmm....are you even TRYING to recover?
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options

I'm sorry ...you seem rather hypocritical. You are saying you have an ED but your username is eat clean stay TINY...hmmm....are you even TRYING to recover?

Not your business if she's trying to recover or not. Go away.