Does it bother you...

Options

Replies

• vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Regarding folks who find themselves stuffed after their 1200 cal. day, I just have to wonder, how did they end up overweight in the first place?
    Hmm....
  • gemmalouise85
    gemmalouise85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I only can comment on myself, but My body as become used to smaller portions and I eat better foods to feel 'full' rather han filling up on crisp and chocolate I fill up on veg and fruit.

I use to over eat and keep eating when I was stuffed just because was n my plate, now I listen to my body to when I know i'm full.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Regarding folks who find themselves stuffed after their 1200 cal. day, I just have to wonder, how did they end up overweight in the first place?
    Hmm....

I took steriod shots for about 3 years straight for chronic knee pain due to injuries sustained while in the US Navy. I also drank heavily, and worked rotating shifts with changing work schedules through all 3 shifts for a long period of time. There were also days in there where because of the nature of my job I have worked 17 hours straight, all that was available for food came from a vending machine, because if you go to work expecting a normal 8 hr day which is what they were supposed to be, you pack enough lunch for a regular day.

After 3 years of that routine of steriod shots, vending machine food, rotating shifts, sleep deprivation and bad food choices to not pass out, you will get fat.

I now have a somewhat "normal job" still in my field. Refuse to be given any more steriods, regardless of knee pain, and get adequate sleep and work only day shift, even if sometimes it is 18 or 19 days straight before a day off. Oh And most importantly I don't have to eat vending machine food, what I take for lunch lasts the amount of time it has too.
  • triciachen
    triciachen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me........Everyone is different and needs to find what works for them.

I have been eating 60%-80% veggies at every meal and it is difficult to meet the 1200 calories a day. I feel like I am eating all day. The more fresh (non processed) foods you introduce the harder it is to meet the 1200 calories.

Everyone is on their own path and we should respect and support all paths since the end goal is usually the same -- to lose weight and get fit !!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is the ones who claim they cant possibly eat 1200 calories a day...its just too much food. How the heck did they get overweight then!? They must have been eating SOMEthing...I just don't get that one at all.

I wondered this too, until I became one of them. The thing is, I used to eat the wrong foods. Foods full of calories and fat that added up quick. That food was NOT filling and easy to eat.

Now I eat low calories, wholesome foods that are filling, so I never fee hungry. I log my meals for the day and add snacks in between to reach 1200. I have a very hard time on days when I exercise because I just don't know what else I can fit in to get to my extra 500 calories or so. It's difficult to just NOT choose something unhealthy because I know that will get me to where I need to be fast, but I want to remain on track.
  • EndlessSacrifice
    Options
    Worry about yourself. That'll get you far in life.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hmm....
    I used to eat small portions of very high calorie foods. Now I eat lower calorie foods, so when it fills me up, I've eaten far fewer calories. Not everyone who becomes overweight is or was a binge eater.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    What bothers me are the people who eat pork chops for breakfast and think that they are on a diet because they count the calories!

Huh?

Is there some law about breakfast food I don't know of?

I get the point of the statement. Even if you count calories, you won't lose if you ate...say a giant slice of chocolate cake and soda for every meal.

Well to an extent I suppose. If it was only one slice and that was all you ate maybe you'de lose still. but you'de be unhappy and unhealthy.

as for pork, I personally don't really touch it. But I have no issue with meat for breakfast.:wink:
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    What bothers me are the people who eat pork chops for breakfast and think that they are on a diet because they count the calories!

whats wrong with pork chops for breakfast, protein is good for breakfast , should i have a bowl of capn crunch in stead ?
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I don't give a flying **** what other people(on the internet) eat.

If you wanna make poor choices and feel like crap, that's your call.

And I will eat bananas with peanut butter.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well I just ate a 300 calorie meal and I'm full. 1/2 cup of brown rice, 4 oz of chicken and 1 1/2 cup of veggies. And this took me an hour. Not sure i could have done it all in one sitting.

It's all about choices. I agree with those who say worry about you. Eat what is right for you. But it is possible to be satisfactorily fed on 1200 calories a day.

I hate veggies btw. Today was my first time putting them into my meal time. So yeah... choices...
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    If you eat mainly low calorie foods you will get full quicker on higher volumes of the low calorie food. If you eat cheeseburgers, you'll still easily be hungry after eating 1200 calories worth of cheeseburger + french fries + soda.
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ...when people who eat 1200 calories or less brag about how they are "stuffed" eating that amount and "couldn't possibly eat anymore"? Depending on the situation and who you're talking to, the implication is generally that people who eat above 1200 are lazier and have less willpower. I understand wanting to be able to choose your own path to weight loss without being jumped on, but dissing people who are trying to help you isn't the way to do it. :/

Why do you assume that they are bragging and implying that you have less willpower? It sounds like you are defensive about this. Maybe they're just trying to have an honest open discussion about diet and how it makes them feel.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    People lie to themselves and then repeat that lie out loud to validate their smokescreen. So anyone stating 1200 is ez is creating their own reality ... Or can't count or honestly recall. I love to exaggerate my portions... ( as in 1 four ounce serving), and its really 2.

Now THIS is offensive.

agreed. when i say that yes i can be stuffed on 1200 cals or less depending on what i ate that day, i am only saying what is affecting me.
    to call people you do not know, are not inside of , liars because they are diffrent then you is just plain *kitten* rude.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    What I don't get is the ones who claim they cant possibly eat 1200 calories a day...its just too much food. How the heck did they get overweight then!? They must have been eating SOMEthing...I just don't get that one at all.

when i am eating healthy 'clean' foods (protiens and lots of veggies) its easy to fill up on low cals.
    but when i eat crap. you are gonna get about 2 the cals or more for the same amount of food.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't hit 700 for the day. I thought last night I should try to eat something but I had eaten three meals and some nut snacks and I just wasn't hungry. Today I have nearly had that just in breakfast. These are not neccessarily typical days for me but it's how it worked out this weekend.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    That only goes but so far, though. I'm eating at a deficit, and my stomach does gradually adjust to that over time so that I'm not hungry all day. But if you're eating 800 calories a day for example, you can't possibly be getting full off that amount of food. I honestly don't understand how anyone can say that with a straight face.

In answer to your original question, no...what diets people are on, what deficits they use, how many calories they are consuming...nothing to do with me...I will however speak up if I recognise eating disordered thinking...I have been there and done that and this is where my second answer comes in (the quote above)...I would feel full on way less than 800 calories, I would feel full just drinking water at one point (this was the stage I could not keep water down without purging)...so yes some people will feel full on way less calories than the average person thinks possible. Same in reverse, how can people not feel full after a huge binge of several thousand calories? Some don't, but again this is eating disorder territory and these are the factors that would cause concern to me...
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    No
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    People lie to themselves and then repeat that lie out loud to validate their smokescreen. So anyone stating 1200 is ez is creating their own reality ... Or can't count or honestly recall. I love to exaggerate my portions... ( as in 1 four ounce serving), and its really 2.

Now THIS is offensive.

agreed. when i say that yes i can be stuffed on 1200 cals or less depending on what i ate that day, i am only saying what is affecting me.
    to call people you do not know, are not inside of , liars because they are diffrent then you is just plain *kitten* rude.

If you are eating a lot of vegys and lean protein 1200 is a lot of food. It is easy to get stuffed on that volume.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    No

damn can you be just a little less long winded??