30 day shred wanna join?

Options

Replies

• sekaie
    sekaie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just completed day 1 a few minutes ago. Although I felt it was a workout, it didn't tire me nearly as much as I thought it would, even though I haven't worked out or stuck to my diet in months! I followed Natalie for most of it apart from the push ups (and for 1 of the strength exercises I needed a 5 second break) but apart from that it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I might try and go for a run tonight to get more cardio in if I have time. I would try it again but lets wait and see how sore I am tomorrow haha ;P

I'm off to work, but I'll post my before pics tonight!
  • jacksmummy09
    Options
    Are you ladies aiming to do it every day?? Im a bit stiff and sore today but not unmanigable,i always thought you were ment to have a day off between to let your muscles mend?? or is that the whole point of 30ds????
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I joined another 30ds thread some time ago but I follow all 30ds topics to stay motivated. Today will be my 15th day!

One thing to keep in mind is, from what I read, many people didn't lose that much weight but they definitely lost inches. So just don't feel disappointed if you don't lose as much as you planned. I guarantee you you're going to feel stronger after just a few days and that you'll notice a big difference in your body shape as well. Take before and after pictures and make sure you measure yourself!

Another thing: you might want to consider taking rest days. The routine Jillian recommends is: shred - shred - cardio - shred- shred - cardio - rest. Your muscles need time to recover and grow. Also, Level 1 can be hard on your knees/ankles (lots of jumping), you might get shin splints as well, Level 2 can be hard on your wrist joints (lots of exercises are done in a plank pose). So just take it easy. I actually feel like I get better results when I take my rest days because I'm much more effective and less tired during the workouts.

And make sure to remove all the junk food from your house ;) it would be such a shame to waste weeks of solid exercise by eating like *kitten*.
  • karyta
    karyta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had my baby about 4 months ago as well, and I am ready to lose the weight! Count me in, just need to find my measurement tape...lol
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    sleeplessinbe thanks for the advice :)

and those just joining welcome. Please everyone send to me you stats starting weight and goals for level 1 2 and 3 so i can put them i see some have put here i will try to use those.

Heres the link for the next days thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/788393-30-day-shred-level-1-5-11-14-11
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just rented the DVD from the library :) So maybe if I join this thread I will be more motivated to keep it going. 20 minutes a day is no problem right!!!! I have recently gained some weight and just want to get back down to what I was at this point.

Height-5'4"
    Weight-146.7
    Waist 34.5

Would like to be back downt o 140.
  • cngeike
    cngeike Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I will join. I will start tonight. :)

Starting weight 220
    FIrst goal weight 210
    height 5' 9"
    waist 44"
  • simplyme99
    simplyme99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Joining! I will start tonight :)
  • Julie3ang
    Options
    i will join. I have 7 pounds to go and need motivation.:smile:
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump Hi I want to join also. I just got my dvds this weekend and I going to start it monday. I seen amazing results out there . How do I find this blog again to keep track after I log off. It was hard enough to find a recent blog.
  • harley2008
    harley2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join your challenge. I just started my weigh loss journey on Nov 2 and so far lost 4 lbs..... I have 50 lb.s to go would like to have 26 more off by Thanksgiving. I started a very strict food intake program. I was on weight watchers and I loss 18 lbs with them in 9 month and I found myself slowly gaining it back because you can cheat on it very easy. So I started with a 650 calorie diet plan and it's coming off. A big watch-out my Dr said is you can only do 30 minute excerise because you will get tired very easy. So I would like to join your challenge to keep me focus and to keep going.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump!

I'm in! I'll be starting tomorrow though.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    bump Hi I want to join also. I just got my dvds this weekend and I going to start it monday. I seen amazing results out there . How do I find this blog again to keep track after I log off. It was hard enough to find a recent blog.

Look up at the top of the page, under where it says message boards real big, click where it says "My Topics" That will show everything you have commented on, and will make this thread easy to find!
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot it was much easier!!
  • knittingwitch
    knittingwitch Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My before
    DSC00594.jpg
    DSC00596.jpg
    DSC00597.jpg
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 ... I would love to join this group.

CW 171
    Chest 36
    Waist 33
    Hips 46
    Thigh 22 ?? ( will double check in the am)

I am just wanting to lose inches, I am not currently tracking my weight :smile:
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    we just started today so welcome visit this link for the new thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/788393-30-day-shred-level-1-5-11-14-11
  • Butterfly_K
    Options
    I'll join too :) I just did my first workout and Jillian kicked my *kitten*. It always amazes me how you can be working out for so long, try something like this and be flat out exhausted. Love it :D
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well I did day one for 30 Day Shred and it looks easy but the arms do get a workout. I usually go to the gym in the morning and do the treadmill or elliptical. Should I continue to do these morning workouts plus the 30 day shred or will i get too worn out? I am kind of tired today and I worry about calorie consumption. I have to lose the 7 pounds I gained in the last 2 months and I am really mad that I let that happen :( Yesterda I didn't eat very much. I meet with a dietitian on Thursday.
    Thanks
  • jschraeder
    jschraeder Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of level 1 today. Ouch! I haven't worked out in a long time, i know it is important to a healthly lifestyle. I will feel it tomorrow. I would love to join the group.