things/people that BUG ME

Options

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    When people don't read replies or the OP in a thread before posting. If you didn't read the question how can you possibly know what the OP is looking for? Just answering randomly wastes your time as well as theirs. If you aren't answering the question then why post?
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1) my mother always makes a comment such as "You're eating AGAIN?!" when i take something from the fridge
    2) If I decide to lift weights with my dad at the gym, he tells me I'm going to grow a penis if the weights get any heavier

sigh. parents.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I used to get told by this older woman that if I start running, my uterus will fall out and I will bleed to death ... :noway:
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    -people who eat too much salt and then freak that they gained weight
    -people who tell people who ate too much salt to drink gallons of water to get rid of the salt
    -people who are overweight but insist they can't eat a bite over 800 calories
    -people who are too lazy to just Google it
    -people who use medical conditions as an excuse to be fat
    -people

Yes, a friend of mine who has been on every diet, Dukan, Atkins etc demands for hypothyroidism medication from her doctors, she's been to 3 who told her she is fine..

If she spend more time moving and less time on Web MD diagnosing herself.. she would have lost loads! LOL!
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I hate people that say: "Oh, you're not fat... you're just well endowed."

People, I don't have 75lbs breasts.

That would be 150 pounds of boobs.......very impressive I say. I'm not sure the human frame could carry that but you know...
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used to get told by this older woman that if I start running, my uterus will fall out and I will bleed to death ... :noway:

Oh poop! I'm f you cked then! LMAO!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I just watched Cabin Fever 2 and this actually happened. So yeah, she's right.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    There's this one lady who volunteers at the hospital I work at. She is constantly giving me her opinions on my weight loss... even though I've told her to stop and that my way is working for me. She is constantly telling me I need to eat "NO MORE" than 1000 calories a day... and that I will NEVER lose weight unless I do.

I've lost 20 pounds eating 1500 calories a day (what my doctor wants me eating). And... I might add that this woman is the size of a house, and eats out EVERY FREAKING DAY of the week. I think I"ll listen to my doctor.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    -people who eat too much salt and then freak that they gained weight
    -people who tell people who ate too much salt to drink gallons of water to get rid of the salt
    -people who are overweight but insist they can't eat a bite over 800 calories
    -people who are too lazy to just Google it
    -people who use medical conditions as an excuse to be fat
    -people

Yes, a friend of mine who has been on every diet, Dukan, Atkins etc demands for hypothyroidism medication from her doctors, she's been to 3 who told her she is fine..

If she spend more time moving and less time on Web MD diagnosing herself.. she would have lost loads! LOL!

There is a lady I work with who is entirely overweight, probably obese by most standards, who talks constantly about how small I am, or how small someone else we work with is, or how she 'hates skinny people,' yet she won't even take ONE flight of stairs down to our department to bring us something, she uses the elevator. I mean, she's SEVERELY unhealthy from her weight, has blood clots in her legs, etc. and she still continues to eat like crap and just talk about not liking skinny people.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    There's this one lady who volunteers at the hospital I work at. She is constantly giving me her opinions on my weight loss... even though I've told her to stop and that my way is working for me. She is constantly telling me I need to eat "NO MORE" than 1000 calories a day... and that I will NEVER lose weight unless I do.

I've lost 20 pounds eating 1500 calories a day (what my doctor wants me eating). And... I might add that this woman is the size of a house, and eats out EVERY FREAKING DAY of the week. I think I"ll listen to my doctor.

That's insane. 1000 calories a day. I'd be starving myself. I started out on here only trying to eat 1200 calories a day and that was still rough, I upped it to about 1450 and now I'm normally averaging about 1300 a day.

1000 is WAY too low, for anyone I believe.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

That's insane. 1000 calories a day. I'd be starving myself. I started out on here only trying to eat 1200 calories a day and that was still rough, I upped it to about 1450 and now I'm normally averaging about 1300 a day.

1000 is WAY too low, for anyone I believe.

My thoughts too. The woman is just insane. LOL.
  • shunggie
    Options
    Other person : you look great how much have you lost

Me : 45 lbs so far

Other person: Well you still have that big *kitten*.

Gee....i really appreciate you telling me that because its not like i dont know its there....( smaller though) I think when people say these things they are just bothered that they cant make the effort and have to put your effort down.

Me ( thinking to myself) well im getting smaller while you are getting bigger :)

I always smile and say I will have a big *kitten* no matter how much I weigh. Good thing that's how my husband likes it.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Me: I've lost 43 pounds

Person I'm talking to: *looks at whatever i happen to be eating at the time* well that won't help you.

BUG THE F**K OUT! my weight loss my way!
    Hooooray! It had to happen some day. There re too many "You don't want to do it like that" s in here, in my opinion.

Good for you.
    This is OUR journey - WE get to pick the route and enjoy the view - without some Know-it-all telling us which way to look.

Hmmm? Did you touch a nerve?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    not that I approve of such language, of course
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    how did you do it?

i just ate less and moved more

.....oh. never mind.

WTF

yeah this one bugs me too. plus the sigh they give, like they were expecting me to say I took diet pill "x" or i sprinkled fairy dust on my fat and it just poof. magically went away! they are so disappointed that yes it takes hard work.

Right? I always just make up something like the doggy treat diet. When ever I get hungry, I snack on a dog treat and it makes me lose my appetite. It's proven by science.

That's brilliant! I will definitely need to try that!
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

My breakfast yesterday was almost 1000 calories.... Granted I burned enough off to eat another thousand before the day was done, but seriously?
  • ftt1960
    Options
    That made me really laugh out loud!
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Me: Strike up conversation about weight loss and fitness, without mentioning numbers specifically.

Other Person: Yeah I lost weight once, I lost about 60 lbs in 3 weeks.

Me, realising this is impossible because of what I've learned since starting to lose weight:
    oh-really-please-tell-me-more.jpg
  • ftt1960
    Options
    I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes thirty years ago when I was 20 years old and weighed just 105lbs. Except for a three month period when I was pregnant with my second daughter in 1987 I was diet controlled until 2005 when I started taking oral medication. I have always been well controlled and get extremely annoyed by people who are diabetic, eat evry cake or sweet going but think they're OK because they take their medication. I have worked with a couple of women who were diabetic and grossly overweight but didn't seem to pay any attention to what they were eating. Why is it that I'm the one who has developed the diabetic complication of neuropathy? Life is not fair sometimes.
  • shunggie
    Options
    I have two:

First when I had lost a lot of weight, I had just got under 200 pounds (at 5 ft 1) and my Mom said you should stop losing weight, you look good here. I still had 50 pounds to lose to no longer be considered obese.

Second, my ex saw me about that same time and told me he never would have asked me out if I looked the way I do now. He did let me know he could get use to it, you know if there was a chance. He was one of the reasons I got so big. In the five years I lived with him I gained 70 pounds. I'm not blaming him because he didn't force that food down my throat but he would encourage VERY bad behavior. Make rice cripsy treats and help me eat the entire batch in 2 sittings. Prove to him a chimichunga is just a deep fried burrito- by deep frying a burrito. It became a favorite. He is naturally thin and liked me heavier- no concern for my health and well being whatsoever. He dumped me for his ex-wife who (by the pictures) is probably 300 pounds and about my height. She dumped him, and he's sad and lonely. I'm sure he'll find another big girl to enable and they will be happy until she sees the light.