things/people that BUG ME

Options
15678911»

Replies

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Other person: Oh you look great, you've lost so much weight

Me: Thanks, it was slow going and I have more to go.

Other Person: Oh NO, don't lose any more weight, you'll get sick and at your age, it really isn't very attractive to be too thin.

Is this a compliment or an insult? I think it's both.

^This bugs be too. I have learned to respond with a simple "thank you". Most people don't have enough information or knowledge to comment on what weight I should be so I don't give them an opportunity. If they say I don't need to lose any more anyhow, I say "well, you haven't seen me naked or talked to my doctor have you?". That usually shuts it down.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Quote:
    But my all time most hated move is where people who comment on my weight feel the need to pat my stomach!! I mean, what, you think something is going to start kicking in there?!?! Bad enough to be likened unto Buddha for my corpulence but touching my stomach as if it's going to bring you good luck is just beyond too much at this point. And if you're a female and you try to make this act better by saying "You're just a big ol' teddy bear!" trust me, it doesn't help. End quote.

If anybody pats your tummy, whether it's because you're heavy, or pregnant or whatever...PAT THEIRS BACK. People stopped doing this to me (during my 4th pregnancy) pretty damn fast when I did it back to them. It's YOUR body, not public property!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    But my all time most hated move is where people who comment on my weight feel the need to pat my stomach!! I mean, what, you think something is going to start kicking in there?!?! Bad enough to be likened unto Buddha for my corpulence but touching my stomach as if it's going to bring you good luck is just beyond too much at this point. And if you're a female and you try to make this act better by saying "You're just a big ol' teddy bear!" trust me, it doesn't help.

If anybody pats your tummy, whether it's because you're heavy, or pregnant or whatever...PAT THEIRS BACK. People stopped doing this to me (during my 4th pregnancy) pretty damn fast when I did it back to them. It's YOUR body, not public property!

^ This! People don't realize how d!ck something is until you do/say it right back to them.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD, RIGHT?! lol that crap bugs me. its partially why i hesitated on even signing up for MFP because i didnt want people being all judgy with my bad decisions. like, i'm allowed to cheat okay, its my freakin body!! lol
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I had a friend say "I'm not worried about losing weight. I'll worry when you get to my size." WTF?

I hate people.

Sounds like your friend has some of her own issues she needs to work on, ugh!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My brother's girlfriend. Every time I'm talking to someone about what I'm doing, like my brother or my mom, she'll be like. "There's this doctor in town and it's $100 and he gives you a paper about what to eat and some diet pills." And she's not thin by any means, and she went to this doctor and hasn't lost any weight, but she literally tells me about it every time I see her.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    omg!!!!!! I thought fat people were jolly. It bugs me that they're not.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Honestly..., I think the issue here is that most of you are surrounded by *kitten*. They'd be *kitten* no matter how much you ate or weighed. True story.