things/people that BUG ME

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    -ppl that dont use their blinkers
    -ppl that start saying !(·$% to me as soon as i say im a winter lover, stuff like ´are you depressed?, are u an emo or a vampire?, cause just depressed ppl can like gray/rainy days´.. W.T.F.!
    -ppl that say ´you wont lose if you eat 1200 cal, you NEED to eat more´

YES!
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    My grandfather-in-law (whenever he see's me have a small treat) "Oh that's going to ruin your diet!"
    Me: "It's not a diet"
    Him: "What is it than?"
    Me: "It's a lifestyle change."
    Him: "You're going to ruin your lifestyle change."

Each and every time we are over there and he sees me having a treat or any food. It gets annoying.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Me: I've lost 43 pounds

Person I'm talking to: *looks at whatever i happen to be eating at the time* well that won't help you.

BUG THE F**K OUT! my weight loss my way!

You have to learn to ignore people. Your success brings out their insecurities. You have to remember that their comments are not about you, they are about the insecurities of the person saying them. Of course you need to eat. We all need to eat. But when you lose weight and they see you can eat what ever you want because you are using a calorie budget and a nice tool like MFP and they are thinking "How the heck does she do it???!!" LOL Just know that the more success you have the more haters you will have, both online and in real life. It just means you are doing something right, you are successful, and others are jealous and insecure and the hating will not stop anytime soon. Sounds like you are doing great! :)
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Figures!
  • Arperjen
    Arperjen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me: Wow! I've lost 15 pounds so far!
    Other person: Well, I lost 30! But hey, you're trying.

I've been getting this a lot from someone lately. They're on a doctor-monitored diet and are losing faster than me, so that must make me and my methods inferior.

I guess a loss of 75lb in a year (almost 40 of that was the past 6 months on MFP) is nothing to be proud of, eh? ;P Lol. I didn't need a stinkin' doctor to tell me I was a fatty - I figured it out on my own and made the necessary changes.

ETA: Not that doctor-monitored diets are a bad thing - I'm mad about the person's behavior, not the method.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I hate when people who aren't healthy & aren't doing anything about their weight, but know everything I need to do about losing weight... from what I need to eat to how I should work out. smh!!!!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    While im reading nutrition labels:

"you shouldnt be dieting, youre in great shape!"

No $h*t. im not on a diet, im eating like this to STAY in shape. try it sometime.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Me: Wow! I've lost 15 pounds so far!
    Other person: Well, I lost 30! But hey, you're trying.

I've been getting this a lot from someone lately. They're on a doctor-monitored diet and are losing faster than me, so that must make me and my methods inferior.

I guess a loss of 75lb in a year (40 of that was the past 6 months on MFP) is nothing to be proud of, eh? ;P Lol. I didn't need a stinkin' doctor to tell me I was a fatty - I figured it out on my own and made the necessary changes.

Well in 6 months when you're still losing weight and they've put some back on after not being able to sustain 500 (or something) calories a day, just do a little dance in your head.
  • RDHome224
    Options
    You would be amazed at the amount of people who say " you beat anorexia " what really p*sses me off is that I wasn't freaking anorexic ever in my life lmfao.

I also can't stand people who hear you are on a diet and say " how unlucky I can eat anything I want and not gain weight!"

My boyfriend and his best friend will literally eat huge bowls of spaghetti in like 3 bites and then have more and desert......makes me want to punch my supportive, skinny boyfriend in the face lol

i feel u! my bf willl eat his bigger than mine tea and finish mine for me!

What annoys me most is that I eat the part of my meals I don't like first and by the time I am done with them I am too full to eat the best part of the meals, and my boyfriend will be like " I will eat that for you, if your full " and its like......but its the best part! Its times like those I want to eat even though I'm full lol
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Other person: "I haven't seen you eat anything all day, here, have a candy bar."

Me: "If all you have to do is watch what I eat all day who has the problem here?"
  • twinkies13
    Options
    I have one...The girls are heading down for lunch. I say, "Nah, I brought an apple and cheese...I'm tired of elastic..." They say ,"Oh, come on, you aren't fat!!!" Um, I gained 40 pounds right before your eyes, gals...Let's not deny the obvious...:-(
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I was always a larger child and my mother always had me on a diet. My sister could even eat candy all day and looked anorexic. Now I'm on my fitness pal loosing weight and those two *****esss are HUGE!!!!:drinker:
  • bmiller211
    bmiller211 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I hate people that say: "Oh, you're not fat... you're just well endowed."

People, I don't have 75lbs breasts.

Sometimes I feel like my boobs are 75 pounds each. :grumble:
    Me too and I am a guy!!
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    how did you do it?

i just ate less and moved more

.....oh. never mind.

WTF

yeah this one bugs me too. plus the sigh they give, like they were expecting me to say I took diet pill "x" or i sprinkled fairy dust on my fat and it just poof. magically went away! they are so disappointed that yes it takes hard work.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I was putting a container of light low sodium soup into the microwave at work, and the accounting director goes "that doesn't look very healthy".

Oh good. We're judging lunches now?
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    People that are always in a rush
    People that are stressed out
    People that are wealthy and put down people that aren't
    People that are in positions of power (social or professional) and take pleasure in keeping other's down
    People that say things under their breath
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    how did you do it?

.....oh. never mind.

WTF

yeah this one bugs me too. plus the sigh they give, like they were expecting me to say I took diet pill "x" or i sprinkled fairy dust on my fat and it just poof. magically went away! they are so disappointed that yes it takes hard work.

Right? I always just make up something like the doggy treat diet. When ever I get hungry, I snack on a dog treat and it makes me lose my appetite. It's proven by science.
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    how did you do it?

.....oh. never mind.

WTF

This happens to me SO MUCH! *sigh*
  • mwyner001
    mwyner001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Other people, "You shouldn't have waited until you were in your 40's to start losing weight. It's so much harder."

Me: "Oh, thanks for that." :laugh:
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    ohhhhh you're on a diet? here have a cupcake, no one will know......

Yes! The sabotagers! I find it most annoying when at work and it's a colleagues birthday... I have been baking a few cakes lately (as I LOVE to bake, but don't want the temptation, so I don't bake as much anymore) and I'll sit there while they all eat a slice. I'm honestly not even tempted as I KNOW how hard I've worked to get to this point and I don't want to fall back into my old habits just because someone happens to be having a birthday. I'll get lots of "Oh one piece won't kill you" and the "Oh you shouldn't lose anymore weight or you'll look weird".

I guess people really can't handle it when you have more self control than them. I don't want to be "that girl" but I can't help but notice the ones reaching for a second piece of cake are the heaviest - and usually the first to try and "feed" me too.

I also find it VERY annoying when people complain about being "fat" and then stuff their face with heavy carbs and sugars immediately following that sentence. I am happy to offer advice when asked, but don't complain about how "hard" it is for you and tell me how "easy" it is for me. It's not.

Hehe... a bit passionate, sorry ;)

#Endrant