Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    how did you do it?

i just ate less and moved more

.....oh. never mind.

WTF

I KNOW that person!!!! Well, a few of them really.

Plus I get the "sigh" a lot. What....Did you think this was easy?! H to the LL NO!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Other people, "You shouldn't have waited until you were in your 40's to start losing weight. It's so much harder."

Me: "Oh, thanks for that." :laugh:

*facepalm* Great advice there spunky!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    i can't stand it when people try to force you to eat or drink something. i have a friend that is like this. she always wants you to try whatever it is she has made and has a hard time hearing no thank you. she just doesn't know that the more she presses, the more i dig in my heels. I'll even say no just bc I know she wants me to have it so badly. I don't do well w being controlled, forced, or manipulated....I make my own decisions.

I've had this issue with my mentor/professor at school. I work under her doing research 20+ hours a week. She never catches me eating, and she's seeing me get skinnier. She says I'm getting too thin and I'm not eating enough, so she buys snacks while I'm there and insists I eat. I eat to make her happy, just enough, and cut the calories later (I always make sure to at least try to hit 1500). I see it as a kind compliment in a way though....she's an older woman (80s) and my current size was the norm for healthy back when she was at her prime I suppose. Maybe she just cares too much. I don't know. I don't hate her for it. A lot of other folks are saying I'm getting skinny...I'm just built to hold my weight really well. I look on average about 30lbs less than I actually weigh. It's my body though, but it's good to know they care.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Other person : you look great how much have you lost

Me : 45 lbs so far

Other person: Well you still have that big *kitten*.

Gee....i really appreciate you telling me that because its not like i dont know its there....( smaller though) I think when people say these things they are just bothered that they cant make the effort and have to put your effort down.

Me ( thinking to myself) well im getting smaller while you are getting bigger :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    ohhhhh you're on a diet? here have a cupcake, no one will know......

Yes! The sabotagers! I find it most annoying when at work and it's a colleagues birthday... I have been baking a few cakes lately (as I LOVE to bake, but don't want the temptation, so I don't bake as much anymore) and I'll sit there while they all eat a slice. I'm honestly not even tempted as I KNOW how hard I've worked to get to this point and I don't want to fall back into my old habits just because someone happens to be having a birthday. I'll get lots of "Oh one piece won't kill you" and the "Oh you shouldn't lose anymore weight or you'll look weird".

I guess people really can't handle it when you have more self control than them. I don't want to be "that girl" but I can't help but notice the ones reaching for a second piece of cake are the heaviest - and usually the first to try and "feed" me too.

I also find it VERY annoying when people complain about being "fat" and then stuff their face with heavy carbs and sugars immediately following that sentence. I am happy to offer advice when asked, but don't complain about how "hard" it is for you and tell me how "easy" it is for me. It's not.

Hehe... a bit passionate, sorry ;)

#Endrant

I hear ya!! Do we work at the same place? teasing Really though, I get the My lord's you've lost a crazy amount of weight, when are you stopping, you're to thin, have a cookie, blah,blah,bleeping blah every time I turn around. Very annoying.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Other person : you look great how much have you lost

Me : 45 lbs so far

Other person: Well you still have that big *kitten*.

Gee....i really appreciate you telling me that because its not like i dont know its there....( smaller though) I think when people say these things they are just bothered that they cant make the effort and have to put your effort down.

Me ( thinking to myself) well im getting smaller while you are getting bigger :)

I've gotten the version of this where they just kind of stare and blink, like "oh you don't look like you've lost THAT much weight."
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Please tell me someone didn't really say that to you?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Today I saw my mom for the first time in a few months and she didn't say anything about my weight loss and then she commented about the fact that I used butter and syrup on my pancake and said, "If you keep eating like that, you'll gain it all right back."

Also, when people ask if I'm losing weight and I say that I've lost 34lbs and still have 50 to go they say, "well, you're tall." Yes, I'm 6'2, but that doesn't mean I should weigh over 250lbs!
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    other person: someone told me you have lost a lot of weight...how long did it take you?

me: it doesnt really matter does it? but if you must know about two years

other person: i have a friend who lost 100lbs in less than a year

me: well thats great...good on them!

why the heck is it a race?
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    *snip*
    I hear ya!! Do we work at the same place? teasing Really though, I get the My lord's you've lost a crazy amount of weight, when are you stopping, you're to thin, have a cookie, blah,blah,bleeping blah every time I turn around. Very annoying.

158 pounds is incredible!! Congratulations!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    "where do you put it all?"

--hate that. ummm let me eat. thanks.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Food diary is open (although I'm currently not logging). Exercise diary is open. Profile is jam-packed full of links to my blogs and MFP posts talking about how much I eat, what I eat, that I run and lift weights for exercise, what lifting program I'm doing, and if you look hard enough, you'll find that I poop at 8am every morning like clockwork, although with the time change that'll be an hour earlier now. In short... I'm an open book.

Private message: What's your secret?!

:laugh:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I rarely get approached by people (I think it's because I'm always so focused that I have *kitten* You look on my face most of the time), but one guy approached me at the park and asked me, "Hey, what are you doing?"

Me: "Um, working out... I'm doing this running training to be able to run a 5k race one day" {I was proud of myself}
    Him: "Oh, so you think you're fat or you just don't like your shape?"
    Me: "Neither! I want to be healthy"
    Him: "Well do a little turn for me cause you look healthy enough. If you were my girl, I wouldn't put up with you being out here doing all that running stuff."
    Me: "And that's why YOU'RE here alone."

And I ran off about my business.

but really.. the nerve of some people. Sure, I may have body issues from time to time, but no, I don't like my body with an extra 85-90 lbs. hanging on it. It's like my fat is my identity and that is so wrong to equate WHO i am with what my body looks like for the moment. Like I need a disclaimer: This woman's shape is for a limited time only. Subject to change without notice. Your results may vary!!!!!
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    other person: someone told me you have lost a lot of weight...how long did it take you?

me: it doesnt really matter does it? but if you must know about two years

other person: i have a friend who lost 100lbs in less than a year

me: well thats great...good on them!

why the heck is it a race?

I like pizza and rum too much for all that nonsense lol. As long as I'm LOSING, a year is going to go by either way. Why diet miserably?
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    All these calls and visitors telling me who to vote for.
    No thanks; I am not voting for tweedle-dum.
    Nor tweedle-dee.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    All these calls and visitors telling me who to vote for.
    No thanks; I am not voting for tweedle-dum.
    Nor tweedle-dee.

:heart: :drinker:
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    LOL someone needs to get some self esteem
  • hmires1968
    Options
    I hate when people know (obviously) that you are overweight and they just stare at everything you eat...and then start talking about how they have started really trying to watch their calories and how/what they have been doing when they are skinny and always have been. I have a family member that does this...especially on vacations...and I am thinking...leave me alone...I want one dang cookie!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    conversation between myself and an acquaintance I have not seen since I was at my heaviest:

him: oh my God! you lost so much weight!
    me: yes, I have lost 50 pounds!
    him: really? no. you must have lost more than that!
    me: umm, no, I know how much I weighed and I have lost 50 pounds.
    him: I can't belive it! I was expecting....Dori (accompanied by a motion that implied he was expecting the larger me)!
    me: well, I am still Dori, just 50 pounds lighter.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Okay, here's mine. This chickee on this site posts her before and after pictures. Good for her! But first she writes that she's 5'10" tall. Well, so am I. Then she goes on and on about how totally FAT she had allowed herself to get. She poked fun at her before pictures showing all that FAT and carrying on something awful about how dreadful she looked. After all, she had allowed herself to get up to a gross 175 lbs. That's my GOAL! I tried to figure out where she was from so I could go beat the snot out of her!

It took a while before I looked at the forums again. Ultimately, I forgave her. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have written as she did if she thought someone like me would see it. It was just her being excited about her and has nothing to do with me. At least that's what I keep telling myself.