No loss in two weeks...

Options

Replies

• kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    ...Did anyone even BOTHER to look at a typical weekday for me? Try looking at some of my first weeks here? Everyone is so quick to jump down my throat over having Krispy Kreme ONCE, or eating HALF OF WHAT I USED TO EAT when it comes to pizza (I used to eat half a pizza. Not joking), and then attempting to budget a leftover slice for breakfast one morning just because we don't have anything else in the house that I either like or know how to prepare.

Seriously... this thread went from helpful to hostile REAL fast...

I looked back over a month. The choices you were making even prior to Krispy Kreme and Pizza Hut were subpar. You body needs more than that nutrient-wise and less fat-wise. And please don't blame Halloween for an entire month of poor eating.

No one is attacking you, but you are so quick to be defensive.

In example, October 22nd would have been a really good day! .. except for the candy and Blizzard.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    3. Make new friends. Join a gym, join something. Using your parents and your situation as an excuse is going to fall out from under you eventually...when you don't get the results you seek.

Watch some Food network, go online or to a store and buy a cookbook, and then go to the store and buy your own food and make your meals. I had to do this when I lived at home, working PT and in school FT...and I had one shelf in the fridge my parents would let me take over and I utilized it.

I did join a gym. I'm going today. Nobody talks to me there... no one even makes eye contact with me... I have no local friends and can't find anything social to do that would fit in between work, exercise, and personal free time.

That's exactly what I look for in a gym - for people to leave me to my own routine.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious post? You're eating at McDonalds, Krispy Kreme, and well eating out all the time and wonder why you're not losing weight?
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    ...Did anyone even BOTHER to look at a typical weekday for me? Try looking at some of my first weeks here? Everyone is so quick to jump down my throat over having Krispy Kreme ONCE, or eating HALF OF WHAT I USED TO EAT when it comes to pizza (I used to eat half a pizza. Not joking), and then attempting to budget a leftover slice for breakfast one morning just because we don't have anything else in the house that I either like or know how to prepare.

You asked why you haven't lost weight in 2 weeks, I looked at all of this week and it was pretty clear why you didn't lose weight THIS WEEK. Stop being combative and take responsibility for your actions.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options

I looked back over a month. The choices you were making even prior to Krispy Kreme and Pizza Hut were subpar. You body needs more than that nutrient-wise and less fat-wise. And please don't blame Halloween for an entire month of poor eating.

In example, October 22nd would have been a really good day! .. except for the candy and Blizzard.

...really? Ok, I hear you on the Blizzard... bad decision, but even without that I'd be over. And it's bad to eat one serving size of Jolly Ranchers as a treat?

I am quick to get defensive when people point out my mistakes and belittle me for making them. I KNOW I screwed up, I hate being reminded, and I hate being retold how "bad" I am. It makes me feel absolutely awful. I didn't come here to get yelled at, I came here for support.
  • Klopford
    Options

You asked why you haven't lost weight in 2 weeks, I looked at all of this week and it was pretty clear why you didn't lose weight THIS WEEK. Stop being combative and take responsibility for your actions.

I actually did lose weight this week. I lost the two pounds I gained the previous week for whatever reason. Thus... net loss of nothing for two weeks.
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This suggests that your priorities do not favour weight loss. If you can only be half arsed to do it, you will likely only get half arsed results. Now if you can make it work with your parents, great. But it seems like they aren't the ones motivated to eat better, and you will be constantly fighting an uphill battle. From what you've said anyway.

the above statement from another poster is spot on!!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    ...really? Ok, I hear you on the Blizzard... bad decision, but even without that I'd be over. And it's bad to eat one serving size of Jolly Ranchers as a treat?

Not on the same day you eat 900 calories of taco bell and a donut for breakfast.

Your biggest problem seems to be differentiating "treats" from "meals". Treats are once a day or less.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    OP, you're asking why you haven't lost in two weeks. People are pointing out that you've eaten mostly junk for two weeks. So, you jump on those people, calling them "hostile", and tell them to look at how great you were eating a few weeks ago....

...but...but...but....you didn't have any problems losing a few weeks ago. You've had problems losing the last two weeks. Ya know, when you were eating mostly junk food.

Did you even want helpful advice? Or did you just make this thread in hopes that someone would feel sorry for you? And yea, after scrolling through your diary entries from the last few weeks, I really don't think you want this that bad.
  • wholelottarosa
    Options

I'm gonna try one more time here. Please bear with me, I am not trying to be hostile or sarcastic here.

- Your question was: why didn't I lose any weight in the last two weeks?
    Several people told you: the choices you made were not very good for weightloss.

You stating several reasons why you ate what you ate are not relevant to the answer to your question.

Furthermore: if you keep eating the way you are doing right now, it is unlikely you will lose a lot of weight or improve your health. I'm sorry, but that is just how nutrition works. I agree that it is hard to change your habits, especially if you are living at home and cannot cook yet. I agree that you are genuinely trying. However, you may need to make a few more changes to make things really take off.

These people are trying to help you by giving you advice on what you could change. No one is trying to attack you, they are trying to tell you your current strategies will probably not yield the results that you hope to achieve.

How about trying to take these things at face value? Don't jump to the defense, just consider for a second that as much as you would like to, your current plan may not work and that these folks may be on to something. And if you're open to that, could you consider if any of these changes they propose COULD work for you, instead of dismissing them out of hand? You don't have to change everything at once, just find something you can manage and work from there.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi hon,

I took a look at your public food diary and I am seeing a lot of fast food or food that is high in calories. Try looking up some recipes at skinnytaste.com. I have found a lot of great recipes there.

Toss out the haters - weight loss is a personal journey, so don't get distracted by "mean" people on here! You can do this! Stay strong and think about your food choices.
  • Klopford
    Options

Not on the same day you eat 900 calories of taco bell and a donut for breakfast.

Your biggest problem seems to be differentiating "treats" from "meals". Treats are once a day or less.

I have never had a blizzard on the same day as Taco Bell and donuts. In fact I never had Taco Bell and donuts on the same day. Saturday was my first donut in a month and then we had Italian and I made a poor choice there.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    In looking at your diet you are over your calories almost every day and you have been eating an unhealthy amount of McDonalds, Pizza, and Krispy Kreme donuts. You don't need to completely say good-bye to these things forever but they need to become a once a month or at most, one meal a week kind of treat. The food you are eating is calorie dense but nutritionally poor. Eating like that will leave you malnourished and very hungry. The first thing I would do though is focus on being under your calories consistently, 6 out of 7 days a week. It will be a lot easier if you eat nutritionally dense foods like fruits, vegetables, and lean meats such as chicken or fish in 3-4oz servings. Exercising 20-30 minutes, 3 days a week is plenty and you should pursue that. You don't need a gym to exercise. Brisk walking will do the trick to start. I don't know your health status and I'm not an expert so you should talk to your doctor before taking anyone's advice especially mine but that's the best advice I can give you to start with.
  • IDCY843
    IDCY843 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OP, you're asking why you haven't lost in two weeks. People are pointing out that you've eaten mostly junk for two weeks. So, you jump on those people, calling them "hostile", and tell them to look at how great you were eating a few weeks ago....

...but...but...but....you didn't have any problems losing a few weeks ago. You've had problems losing the last two weeks. Ya know, when you were eating mostly junk food.

Did you even want helpful advice? Or did you just make this thread in hopes that someone would feel sorry for you? And yea, after scrolling through your diary entries from the last few weeks, I really don't think you want this that bad.

well said
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

I have never had a blizzard on the same day as Taco Bell and donuts. In fact I never had Taco Bell and donuts on the same day. Saturday was my first donut in a month and then we had Italian and I made a poor choice there.

If you don't want to know people's advice or want to know their comments...don't post on the message boards........shew
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    3. Make new friends. Join a gym, join something. Using your parents and your situation as an excuse is going to fall out from under you eventually...when you don't get the results you seek.

Watch some Food network, go online or to a store and buy a cookbook, and then go to the store and buy your own food and make your meals. I had to do this when I lived at home, working PT and in school FT...and I had one shelf in the fridge my parents would let me take over and I utilized it.

I did join a gym. I'm going today. Nobody talks to me there... no one even makes eye contact with me... I have no local friends and can't find anything social to do that would fit in between work, exercise, and personal free time.

There's running clubs almost everywhere that also have people who walk so that might be worth checking out. Are there any classes that are offered at your gym? That's another good way to meet some people and get a good workout in.

How do you define personal free time? I know in my personal free time I cook, call friends, meet up with other friends, go for walks, runs, bike rides or hikes... you can get a lot done during "personal free time" other than just sitting alone or watching tv. You are probably going to have to make sacrifices in your normal routine if you truly want this lifestyle change.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Ultimately why ask the question if you don't want the answer? Were you looking for a bunch of coddling and don't worry about it sweethearts? If that's the case you are on the wrong site. In order to fix a problem you must admit that there is a problem. All you have done is make excuses recant that you didn't lose weight. So my question to you is what exactly were you looking for when posting this question?
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I am quick to get defensive when people point out my mistakes and belittle me for making them. I KNOW I screwed up, I hate being reminded, and I hate being retold how "bad" I am. It makes me feel absolutely awful. I didn't come here to get yelled at, I came here for support.

I am not attacking you! You're reading so much into a tone that isn't there. Truly! :flowerforyou:

Having a Jolly Rancher vs. 42 pieces of Hershey's chocolate is WAY different, girl! You need to learn moderation and not keep those things in the house if they are so triggering for you. There are so many tasty treats that you can have that aren't so horrible for you but are just as satisfying. You need to retrain your body.

Remember, YOU'RE not bad, your eating habits are! And you can break them! :happy: But in order to do that, you have to face your demons head on and say NO! NO more! I will not be controlled by my parents' bad habits, by my old bad habits, by the restrictions I am faced with! :flowerforyou: You have to say it, MEAN IT and move on! I know you can do it!

But sometimes tough love and a reality check is something to really think about! Don't feel hurt. :heart: I know it's hard but (most of us) tell you these things so you can BETTER yourself and your habits so that the weight sheds, you feel better, healthier, happier!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I checked your history, and none of it is good. Do you really need candy every day for a snack? (A large amount, I might add).

I eat candy pretty much everyday.

Also, the days that the OP went over, it was over her tiny goal of 1200 calories. She still stayed UNDER her BMR. And while there are some "junk food" items in there, she also has lots of perfectly normal foods that are pretty nutritious. There was only one day that I saw where she went way over. She could definitely add more veggies. (I struggle with that as well.) Eating salt and sugar does NOT prevent fat oxidation. Period.

Honestly, OP, I think that adding 30 minutes of walking every day will help, but more importantly, don't stress out and be patient. Stress itself can prevent fat oxidation because it increases cortisol levels. I went back and looked over a month, and you are doing ok. I did see one weekend where you didn't log at all. So make sure you log everything. Definitely eat more vegetables though. Like for the shrimp pasta you had, broccoli would have been perfect for that. Also, it looks like you have changed your calorie goal several times. I would slowly increase your calories to 1800, then after you have eaten a net of 1800 calories consistently, *then* see what the scale says. It's important to stay consistent and to be patient.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was on Nutri System a while back, and when you hit a plateau they suggested that you "Shake Things Up" ie have lunch items for breakfast, breakfast for supper, supper for lunch whichever way you want. It will keep your body guessing, it did help me. Good luck!

I like that idea!