MFP Pet Peeve

Options
124»

Replies

• Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think some of you are being too sensitive. If you ask for advise you should listen to all opinions and not just what you want to hear.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) Thigh gap threads

2) Pissy people. (I love snark and sarcasm. I don't like pissy and sullen.)

3) People who claim they can't hit 1,200 calories a day, but were able to over-eat enough before joining MFP a week ago to gain weight (Just laying the framework to justify unhealthy eating habits, eh?)

Conversely, I don't mind people who don't utilize the search function. Part of the draw of message boards is the personal interaction. I get wanting that, no matter how menial the question might seem.
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The old saying still stands, "If you can't say anything nice, than don't say anything at all"!! We are all here for the same reason and being nasty is not required or needed, especially for someone who just started this new phase in their life. The last thing someone who is trying to lose weight needs, is someone being nasty. That can really make a person feel defeated.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!!

Well said Wanda & best of luck to all!

completely agree
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I think people who have had success just want to share the success. It's hard to see people struggling but I went through the struggle for decades till last year. I just found what worked and have kept at it. Sure, I don't eat what a competitive body builder eats, but I don't eat what other 54 year old accountants eat either.

The point is, we all find our own way, and sometimes how I relay my success might not strike a chord with a new MFP'er or Forum poster , but someone else's same message will.

The good news, no matter how any one posts to the forum, we seem to have a recurring theme... log your food, plan your food, find out how many calories you need... to get the results you want. Figure out how to exercise to optimize the best way within your financial budget, family and life pursuits time and make it all work.

Happy New Year and I hope every one keeps asking / posting/answering!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Look at the name of this specific board. Motivation and Support.

Some of the responses I've seen here are neither motivational or supportive.

Someone new signs up to MFP and see's all the success stories and all the congratulation those people receive. They decide to ask a question and get shot down immediately by the usual pious and sanctimonious bellends that have nothing to offer other than trying to make themselves feel clever and important at anothers expense. The original person then thinks twice before ever posting again.

If it's a silly question, then move on and ignore it. No need to point it out, surely you have better things to do with your time than act like some forum nazi who believes their opinion is the only one that matters.

^^ This!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is people who start topics telling others what to do.

Either you can handle what is thrown at you, or you can't.. and if you can't, then I suggest you stay off the boards or ask the people on your friends list.