Mike’s Daily Rant 11/05/2012 Topic: Window Shopping

Options
*** Under Staff Review ***

We often see things that we want but make a conscious decision not to buy it for whatever reason. I am quite silly so this weekend I went window shopping and I had a blast. Although I didn’t buy anything the experience was quite entertaining.
Most window shopping occurs in malls, department stores, toy stores and major electronic stores. Not for me! Well yesterday was different. I chose to go window shopping at fast food restaurants. I first stopped at Zaxby’s. They sell golden fried chicken tenders with a thick flaky layer of batter, beautifully buttered soft Texas Style Toast, crispy on the outside fluffy on the inside French fries with a special tangy dipping sauce. I pulled up to the window and the young lady says, “Thank You for choosing Zaxby’s how can I help you?” I tell her that I am just looking but thanks for her help. Before I realize it, 5 cars are lined up behind me so I just drive off and smiled at the young lady in the drive through window.

My next stop I actually park and go inside. I wait in line and everything just to get the full experience. When I get to the front the young man says “Welcome to Five Guys, how may I serve you today?” I absolutely love the customer service at Five Guys. I’ve never had an issue at Five Guys. Atlanta, Georgia has a bad reputation for customer service. It was so bad that Emeril Lagasse just completely shut his restaurant down in Atlanta. He said that customer service issues were ruining the brand of his name. Now there is a restaurant named Aja there. Its Asian food infused with American flavors. It’s really good. Anyhow, I told the young man at Five Guys that I only came in to smell the burgers cook and that I didn’t really plan on buying anything. They have roasted peanuts sitting around so I took a few of those because I considered those free samples. I was so excited that the customer in front of me ordered a double cheeseburger, with mushrooms, and crispy bacon and an order of fries. I watched it cook and was so mesmerized at how much grease was extracted from the burger! It looked so amazing. They wrapped the burger up after placing it on the grilled bun and topping it with 2 slices of America Cheese it was brilliant. They placed about 3 large scoops of French Fries in a grocery bag and the grocery bag just absorbed the peanut oil from the fries. My window shopping was done at Five Guys was done now. It was time to move on.

My final stop was Burger King. They make an assortment of things at Burger King but my favorite of all things there is the Flame Broiled Double whopper with Cheese. I looked over the menu very carefully and knew that I wouldn’t order anything but I surely saw a few things that I wanted. The tender crisp chicken sandwich topped with Lettuce, tomato and honey mustard drizzled on top of the crisps. I wanted the largest fountain drink that they sell to wash all of my dirty thoughts away. Once again I told the young lady at the window that I was just looking. She looked at me strange as I drove away.

I have done a blog entry very similar to this concept but in the blog, I was not allowed to go inside the restaurants unless one of the workers invited me inside. If one of the workers would have invited me inside, I would have ordered something. This was a little different. I knew I was not ordering anything but it was for the purpose of just taking a look at the menu and smelling the deliciousness of the food cooking in front of me.

Of course what I did yesterday is not normal behavior in the eyes of a normal person but I never once claimed to me normal. I am abnormal but I am fine with that. However, I came out on top in the end. No calories taken in but plenty put out due to my level of activity walking in and out of those establishments. Check out my blog for a comparison if interested. It’s called fast food failure and the link is posted on my profile.

MikeMontana1914

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    How come you post these in the forums everyday instead of using the MFP Blog feature? Thats what its there for...
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    How come you post these in the forums everyday instead of using the MFP Blog feature? Thats what its there for...

Oh there's a blog feature? I may have to check it out.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    When you are on your Home page (where the news feed is), Click on My Blog in the tabs at the top. Then you can post, and people can give you votes on your entries too.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    When you are on your Home page (where the news feed is), Click on My Blog in the tabs at the top. Then you can post, and people can give you votes on your entries too.

Ohhh Thanks I may have to check that out.
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options

because he is awesome and wants to share his rants with everyone not just his friends or those who know how to find him. :)

Thanks Mike for another fun read! I will have to try this one day when I get real will power
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

because he is awesome and wants to share his rants with everyone not just his friends or those who know how to find him. :)

Thanks Mike for another fun read! I will have to try this one day when I get real will power

LOL. Thanks. Let me know about it when you do.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    I almost never readl blog
    I do enjoy Mikes Rants on a slow day at work (and any other day)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I agree.
    I almost never readl blog
    I do enjoy Mikes Rants on a slow day at work (and any other day)

Well thank you! I may just keep posting them in the forums in that case. LOL.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    lol bump
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Mike ....are you a masochist? I love window shopping but NOT in food outlets!!!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I will as long as you keep posting these rants so I can find ya :) LOL
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Mike ....are you a masochist? I love window shopping but NOT in food outlets!!!

LOL yes I am. It smelled so delicious! I just figured I would try something different.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

I will as long as you keep posting these rants so I can find ya :) LOL

Done!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Next time you should pack a lunch and eat as you window shop. :laugh:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Next time you should pack a lunch and eat as you window shop. :laugh:

Now that would be funny!!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    pEdhA.gif
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love it, never woudl think to do this...Five Guys would be the challege man those burgers are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! I wouldnt even play like that....if I go in there its planned and im eating. LOLOL
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Love it, never woudl think to do this...Five Guys would be the challege man those burgers are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! I wouldnt even play like that....if I go in there its planned and im eating. LOLOL

Challenge yourself its tough but lots of fun. LOL.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    wow...
    Really not normal or polite or funny behavior.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    There's no way I can pass up a good burger, as long as I have the calories left.

If I see one of these signs:

Funny-Sign-McDonalds-angus-burger-*kitten*.jpg

I'm on my phone, checking to see if I can fit it. If it fits, it's on.

Love it!
This discussion has been closed.