Do you eat back your burned calories?

Replies

• itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    I eat some of them back, not more than half because I am not sure the calories MFP says I burn is accurate!
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    I can't bring myself to eat back the calories I burn. I know I should eat more wiith the high amount of activity I do every day (weight lifting 3 times per week, cardio daily plus yoga 2 - 3 times a week) but its scary!!! I have lost 64 lbs so far. Most on my own. Although I have learned a ton about meal building and food selection by using MFP.
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    I do. I just started using a HRM that is much more accurate in showing the calories burned, so I feel confident I am not overestimating. MFP is very generous in their calorie allowance, my HRM shows that I burn about 2/3 of the calories MFP would give me for the same amount of time.
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    My settings are already set on a 550 daily deficit. So whatever little (80-160) I burn by walking I eat it.
    Even though I am losing the last 5kg. When I eat back the burned calories it takes me up to my BMR, which is awesome because I dont want to eat below my BMR if I can help it.
  • sossie18
    sossie18 Posts: 3 Member
    No,
    I am new to MFP, i didn't know about the "burned off calories" being added to your daily allowance, until i added an hours walking.
    i am not going to log any excercise, as i felt the amount being burned off was too high, plus i am happy at the 1700 daily allowance that has been set for me.

mind you, I drank a whole bottle of sShiraz last night
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    No,
    I am new to MFP, i didn't know about the "burned off calories" being added to your daily allowance, until i added an hours walking.
    i am not going to log any excercise, as i felt the amount being burned off was too high, plus i am happy at the 1700 daily allowance that has been set for me.

mind you, I drank a whole bottle of sShiraz last night

You can still eat 1700 calories and log your exercise. That's what I do. I log everything I just only eat the calories I want to eat (for me 1500).
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Yes. I EAT THEM ALL. And sometimes I eat them back in candy bars because I earned them and it's what I want.
  • I try not to but some days I am ravenous and i know I've worked hard so I do.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    I don't eat them back, I drink them back, lol
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    I dont. I tried for a while, and my weight got stuck, once i went back to my old routine, the scale started to move down again .. So never again. I will once I wanna maintain.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 720 Member
    I do not eat back my exercise calories since I based my daily caloric intake on my TDEE calculations which takes into account my moderate level of exercising. It is a no brainer for me.
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Yes, I eat them back. My body needs the fuel to get through my strenous workouts.
  • After a pretty intense workout I will, just to throw some fuel on the fire.
  • amyljl77
    amyljl77 Posts: 43 Member
    I've been eating back my burned calories from exercise and I've lost 6 lbs in 10 days. On the days when I work out if I don't eat those calories I'm starving!
  • Yes, I eat them back. My body needs the fuel to get through my strenous workouts.

Soooo pretty much what she said, lol.
  • amyljl77
    amyljl77 Posts: 43 Member
    I never go by MFP calories burned! They are always a little high for me. I go by what my hrm says or what the gym equipments says (only after entering my weight and using the hrm, of course).
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    no i dont. basically, you only eat them back if you want to maintain your weight but dont do so if you want to lose wight.

33017025.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I do if I do not I get dizzy. Plus I love to eat.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Yes. If you're using MFP correctly and logging your exercise calories, you should be eating them back.

^ The man who has lost 194lbs gets my vote for the correct answer.

I eat mine back unless it's over a thousand calories burned, just because I find it hard to eat that much extra food.

yup.
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    I never eat them back. No, im not malnutritioned, starving, or anything
    Else! :). Im just fine and losing weight at a healthy pace.