made the cauliflower crust pizza today..

Options

Replies

• kureiko
    kureiko Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bumping and adding my request for OP's recipe. :)
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Did you put a lot of cheese to mask the Caulfiower taste and make it taste more like pizza? I normally eat pizza w/o cheese and lots of veggies but I feel like you would need cheese on this kind of thing? Did you find that to be true, I guess pizza w/o cheese and crust really wouldn't be pizza tho lol
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump, looks delish!
  • EllaFey
    EllaFey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE SITE ::
    flowerforyou:
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    We've made this! The kids thought it was a thin crust - no complaints!

*adds to weekend meal plan*
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    oh wow....it looks amazing. does the crust have a very strong cauliflower taste to it..? (i would imagine so).....i really do not like the taste of cauliflower....and that is why i have never made it before....or the "mashed potato" cauliflower dish......
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    No! It really does NOT taste like cauliflower......I mean really compared to the bland taste of flour and dough!? All you taste is the toppings!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    It IS pretty amazing. I have made it twice now. First time I made a full pizza and it was so good. Next time I made 4 small circles and flipped them over to cook on both sides to make it a little more firm. Then I used the 'crusts' as bread and made some melt type sandwiches with eggs and bacon for breakfast, and one with mushrooms, spinach and a little cheese to melt it together. All were awesome.

One tip- the recipe I first used was unclear about how much cauliflower you use. Make sure you use one cup of riced cauliflower AFTER it has been cooked. If you only use 1 cup UNcooked, then it ends up only 1/2 cup after it is cooked. So cook it before you measure it. Or start with 2 cups uncooked.
    I have heard that you can use half the amount of cheese it calls for and it works as well. I haven't tried that, but plan to next time to see. Even with the full cup of cheese, the calories are really low.
  • MStanford336
    MStanford336 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Did you put a lot of cheese to mask the Caulfiower taste and make it taste more like pizza? I normally eat pizza w/o cheese and lots of veggies but I feel like you would need cheese on this kind of thing? Did you find that to be true, I guess pizza w/o cheese and crust really wouldn't be pizza tho lol

haha, it'd be imitation pizza. No crust, no cheese. Just veggies, pizza sauce (another veggie) . It'd be vegetarian friendly. =)
    Actually, I've never tried homemade pizza without cheese. Or pizza in general without cheese. Can you ask restaurants to hold the cheese?? I want to try that sometime.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am always looking for yeastless recipes as my grandson can't tollerate it and this crust is perfect.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

haha, it'd be imitation pizza. No crust, no cheese. Just veggies, pizza sauce (another veggie) . It'd be vegetarian friendly. =)
    Actually, I've never tried homemade pizza without cheese. Or pizza in general without cheese. Can you ask restaurants to hold the cheese?? I want to try that sometime.

Yes I do it a lot! Dairy bothers my stomach, I can eat it in small doses if I take Lactaid but I prefer to stay away from it since it causes stomach cramps and makes me REALLY bloated...that and I'm not just not crazy about cheese! I've asked places to hold the cheese before maybe add extra sauce and veggies and they always do it without a problem! Dominio's (which was my drunken pizza of choice in college) even has an option for no cheese and a lot of Pizzaria's will have cheeseless pizza's with so many Vegan's thee days!

I've heard a lot of cauliflower pizza crust. I will probably try it without cheese, I'll be sure to report back how it comes out!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Looks great! Will try this weekend.
  • karlyelindsay
    karlyelindsay Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried this but I have tried mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes= do not want! I think I'd prefer regular pizza crust as well.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is the same... But i have made this one about 10 times and it has turned out amazing every time.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump