made the cauliflower crust pizza today..

Options

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    it is awesome! I love it!!
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I tried this last week and fell in :heart: with it! It totally cured my pizza cravings, all while letting me control what went into it. :happy:

I am thinking about trying a "dessert" pizza soon. Instead of the garlic and cheese, maybe some cinnamon and sugar... that one is still in the planning/thinking stages though. :laugh:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AubreySue81
    Options
    Awwww do I really have to have a stone in order for it to cook right? I realllllly would love to make this

I don't have a stone and mine turned out just fine. I ended up baking it a few minutes longer than what was suggested but it still turned out delicious! :bigsmile:
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Please share the recipe :)

Yes!!
  • ambate2
    Options
    i made breadsticks out of cauliflower (same or similar recipe to the pizza crust) and my 10 month old went crazy over it. it's a great way to sneak veggies into your kids' diet w/o them even thinking twice!
  • AubreySue81
    Options
    Please share the recipe :)

Yes!!

There are so many out there to choose from. You can Google it and find several. This is the one that got me hooked: http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/08/the-astonishing-cauliflower-pizza-crust-you-have-to-taste-it-to-believe-it.html
    Good luck and enjoy! :happy:
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    awesome, I've been waiting to hear a *real* testimony on this!

Will have to try it.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i made breadsticks out of cauliflower (same or similar recipe to the pizza crust) and my 10 month old went crazy over it. it's a great way to sneak veggies into your kids' diet w/o them even thinking twice!

I like this idea even more!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried this but I have tried mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes= do not want! I think I'd prefer regular pizza crust as well.

If you mash cauliflower and potatoes together you might like it better because you still have the potato taste in there, but less calories and starch than just potatoes. Parsnips or turnips and potatoes are really good mashed together too. Or a combinations of any of the above.
  • Mamato3cubs
    Options
    Bump
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this.
  • Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    Looks amazing!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, I haven't checked on this post until today...I thought everyone already knew the recipe and I was the only one who didn't...here is the excact recipe

http://dailydishrecipes.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/

Is it necessary to use full fat mozzerella, or will part skim do?
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Anyone have nutrition information on this? I checked both links and didn't see it. Sounds great, but I don't have a gluten allergy and low-carb isn't really a concern for me... so if this is nearly the same calories as a traditional pizza crust there is nothing in it for me. Curious, because I saw the they add a lot of mozzarella to the crust so that immediately makes me think high calorie.
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    bump
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this recipe! I'm a low-carber and we eat this every other week or so. I make mini personal pizzas with it too! :)

You can use part skim mozz. I've even used the veggie shreds(cheese sub product) to lower the fat and they work too.

I think it works out to about 100 cal less than regular pizza... not low fat by any means, but its low carb.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That looks so delicious right now. Was it hard to make?
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    omgoodness that looks so yummy!!
    I keep saying I'm going to try this out and it never happens! Guess I'm going to have to get my butt in gear and give it a shot...just bought a head of cauliflower..no time like the present :)