The STRICT commando 7 day diet

Replies

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Commando diet - eat what ever you like .. but your don't wear pants?
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    sounds like starvation to me!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Good god sounds like? That IS a starvation diet. Like 500 cals a day maybe less? Way to die, stupid.
  • freebier
    freebier Posts: 1 Member
    I have come to this a bit late :) but seeing that the reaction is mainly negative, I will add my 2d's worth. It works for me! The hard part is psyching yourself up for it and getting through nine eggs in a day (I usually fail). The most I have ever lost is 1.5 stones or 21 pounds. That was pre-covid and I have slowly regained half a stone or seven pounds. However, having been diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in the hips, I am using it again so that, hopefully, I can reduce the strain. I started the diet yesterday and weighed myself this morning as usual. I was four pounds down. If it is a stone, 14lbs by the end of the week I will be a happy bunny as I will be at the top limit of my so called 'healthy weight'.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Commando Diet - eat what ever you like .. but your don't wear pants?

Free Range Eating. Eat like free range chickens and roam the countryside.

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    The 4 lbs was water weight, due to a lack of carbohydrates. The first two weeks on any very low carb diet brings a big drop in weight, for the same reason. This is not a sustainable diet for anything over a week and as soon as you add carbs back in, the water weight will come back.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,294 Member
    freebier wrote: »
    I have come to this a bit late :) but seeing that the reaction is mainly negative, I will add my 2d's worth. It works for me! The hard part is psyching yourself up for it and getting through nine eggs in a day (I usually fail). The most I have ever lost is 1.5 stones or 21 pounds. That was pre-covid and I have slowly regained half a stone or seven pounds. However, having been diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in the hips, I am using it again so that, hopefully, I can reduce the strain. I started the diet yesterday and weighed myself this morning as usual. I was four pounds down. If it is a stone, 14lbs by the end of the week I will be a happy bunny as I will be at the top limit of my so called 'healthy weight'.

I think some of the prior posters didn't read carefully ... as no way is this a starvation diet; unless the items your are starving for are baked goods and gains.

However, I don't think 15 eggs in a week, even if only done 4 times a year is such a good idea. Also, you need to be able to like and get LAMB ...

Still .. if it worked for you and you can follow the rules to the letter, it might be a solution to breaking a stagnation cycle. ... I did one years ago where you had to eat hotdogs and beets as part of the routine and while I was able to do it one time, I could never stick with it to repeat it every again. LOL
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    No thank you. I choose life. Sounds miserable. And gassy. And constipation inducing.
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    I have come to this a bit late :)

With this level of understatement and diplomacy you will go far! I was going to say you are likely safe from negative reactions from the OP given it is a 10 year old thread, but you seem to have revived a scary zombie …
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Sounds boring. And annoying. What if unexpected treats come into your life that week? What if you'd rather eat an apple instead of the grapefruit? What registered dietitian came up with this idea? Oh they didn't? Someone just pulled the plan out of their butt? Hmmmm :confused:
    I mean, it might be "fun" to try as a challenge, but then again, I'd rather eat flexibly, eat the things I enjoy, eat produce that's in season, feel satisfied, and continue to lose weight slowly and sustainably.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    I hate old threads and I cannot lie. (Well, some of them . . . the ones like this one that contain all kinds of faddy nonsense and snarky comments.)

Eating weird combinations of food to lose weight is unnecessary, tends to be miserable, and usually is not sustainable long enough to lose a meaningful amount of weight. Worse, it helps people learn zero about how to stay at a healthy weight.

If someone is trumpeting something as a great diet because they used it to lose weight "successfully" 3 or 4 times (or more), but they gained it back . . . maybe it wasn't all that "successful"? Yo-yo dieting repeatedly can be harder on the body than just staying steadily kind of fat. Regained pounds tend to bring friends with them, besides.

I get that this is supposed to be time limited, but why, oh why? "Jump starts" are not a thing. If you're the kind of person who psychologically needs a dramatic change to get started (!), why not change to something like a calorie-managed Mediterranean diet that might even be balanced and healthy?
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    We got more than that in one meal when I was in the Air Force.

Aren't the MRE's something like 1200+ calories EACH?
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I'm female and not very big, and I'd be STARVING!! No thank you!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member
    edited August 2022
    Short term quick weight loss infiltration technique. It will work, said in my best Forged in Fire voice.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member

well, yes, just a bit.

Like 8 years after the last post and 10 years after the OP B):D

However the diet is as silly and pointless as it was then.

Yes you might get a drop in weight in first day or so - that often happens with new diets. But it isnt fat loss and it doesnt continue on - so it won't translate to 14 lb by end of the week or any extension of that pace.

ALL diets which create a calorie deficit will work in the long term- as long as you stay on them.

This one is no exception - of course the pace slows down but it will work if it is a calorie deficit and you stay on it long term.

Problem being, of course - nobody does stay on such restricted specific diets long term - or even medium term - so over time they do nothing.

Far better to find what your calorie allowance should be - by putting your stats into MFP for example - and eating that amount, including foods you like and having a flexible approach to which foods you eat each day whilst aiming to have overall reasonably balanced nutrition

A marathon, not a sprint - so find a way to eat that you can sustain over time.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    What is the proposed end game of doing this? My motto is how you lose is how you have to maintain it..