The STRICT commando 7 day diet

1235»

Replies

• mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    That looks like just another fad diet to me. No thank you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    freebier wrote: »
    I have come to this a bit late :) but seeing that the reaction is mainly negative, I will add my 2d's worth. It works for me! The hard part is psyching yourself up for it and getting through nine eggs in a day (I usually fail). The most I have ever lost is 1.5 stones or 21 pounds. That was pre-covid and I have slowly regained half a stone or seven pounds. However, having been diagnosed with osteo-arthritis in the hips, I am using it again so that, hopefully, I can reduce the strain. I started the diet yesterday and weighed myself this morning as usual. I was four pounds down. If it is a stone, 14lbs by the end of the week I will be a happy bunny as I will be at the top limit of my so called 'healthy weight'.

so, 2 weeks later, how are you going on it?

has your pace kept up at 4lb per day?? (highly unlikely)

Have you continued following the exact diet for 2 weeks or has this been unsustainable?

Of course 2 weeks is a short time, but time enough to give some feedback on how you are going in the early days of it.

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,864 Member
    It's a 7 day diet.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    It's a 7 day diet.

ah,ok.

so that means freebier would have completed the 7 days by now.

so how are you going now freebier and what is your plan from here?

• neanderthin
    edited August 2022
    People seem to get frantic when they see a diet that appears unsustainable for whatever reason. Calories could be too low and maybe a lack of proper nutrition etc. What most don't realize is our body fat is stored energy that sustains us in a deficit and we've survived a few million years quite well and actually has some important health benefits and while there is a max calorie for fat oxidation keep in mind a full fast will sustain any deficit and for as long as a person has the body fat to supply the energy for that deficit. Changing our diet as part of a healthier lifestyle has proven difficult otherwise the obesity epidemic would be headed the other way but it isn't. Taking drastic measures like larger calorie deficits and fasting specific to an intended purpose is perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned as long as the person knows why they're doing it and in many cases has the right medical supervision.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    Or then you get a post like another new user who wants to know if it’s ok to have a cheat day after 7 days?

That’s the usual end result.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    It's a 7 day diet.
    a full fast will sustain any deficit and for as long as a person has the body fat to supply the energy for that deficit.[/quote]

Some deaths seem to occur with prolonged fasting. Both without protein supplementation and, by the looks of it, some even when this was taken into account and protein supplementation was used.

Are there any statistics that argue that weight loss and maintenance by fasting is more successful than weight loss and maintenance by "changing our diet as part of a healthier lifestyle"?
  • neanderthin
    edited August 2022
    We would need to look at the individual cases and look at their underlying health and any risk factors for a extended fasting intervention and considering the death count caused by Doctors we would need to factor that in as well. It happens.

Are you asking if there is any health benefit from fasting? There's probably enough scientific literature to keep you busy for the foreseeable future.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    edited August 2022
    There's a lot of literature that doesn't seem to prove much to date once you control for caloric restriction.

Not even touching as to whether you're talking about extended fasting intermittent fasting or what was implied above: of fasting while you have fat stores which could be a really bad idea based on a desire for survivability.

Then again proof in life is elusive.

My question was is there any reason to believe that weight loss achieved through magical fasting will last any longer than weight loss achieved through any other less magical method? You seemed to imply that it might.

I'm not aware of any such proof. Won't claim that I've gone looking for it.

I go through life using sniff tests.

My quick sniff test of relying on fasting for long-term weight control is that people will face a high barrier in activating their chosen tool once they've started regaining. The classic would be the: I'll fast tomorrow after the party today instead of missing the party because today is a scheduled fasting day.

My sniff test also says that the easier and faster it is possible to go back to what works to control your weight the more chances you have of actually doing so....

I mean those are *my* sniff tests.

To be convinced that I should be sniffing fasting rose petals instead I would need an over-abundance of proof 🤷🏻‍♂️

Color me skeptic.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Sounds absolutely miserable.
  • neanderthin
    edited August 2022
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    There's a lot of literature that doesn't seem to prove much to date once you control for caloric restriction.

Not even touching as to whether you're talking about extended fasting intermittent fasting or what was implied above: of fasting while you have fat stores which could be a really bad idea based on a desire for survivability.

Then again proof in life is elusive.

My question was is there any reason to believe that weight loss achieved through magical fasting will last any longer than weight loss achieved through any other less magical method? You seemed to imply that it might.

I'm not aware of any such proof. Won't claim that I've gone looking for it.

I go through life using sniff tests.

My quick sniff test of relying on fasting for long-term weight control is that people will face a high barrier in activating their chosen tool once they've started regaining. The classic would be the: I'll fast tomorrow after the party today instead of missing the party because today is a scheduled fasting day.

My sniff test also says that the easier and faster it is possible to go back to what works to control your weight the more chances you have of actually doing so....

I mean those are *my* sniff tests.

To be convinced that I should be sniffing fasting rose petals instead I would need an over-abundance of proof 🤷🏻‍♂️

Color me skeptic.

Weight lose, right. Yeah if people eat in a deficit and fast I'm sure the percentages of success will be as good as other dietary interventions for weight loss which appears to be dismal at best. My interest in fasting is not for weight loss, that doesn't really interest me. For weight loss, I'm an advocate for a lower carb/higher protein diet with mostly whole foods.