200+ (Week 15)

Options
Good luck gals!!

Replies

• KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! We are having a WONDERFUL time in Florida! We went to Sea World today and walked FOREVER. My legs are killing me. Wish I could weigh in with you guys this week but I don't have a scale. There is supposed to be some big snow/ice storm back home but hopefully it won't mess up our trip back.

Its only 8:35 but we are all so close to falling asleep. We are going back to Sea World tomorrow and then we are going Disney discount store shopping. And Saturday we are spending ALL DAY at Magic Kingdom. I have so many great pictures :-)
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    bump
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    bump
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!
    I am weighing in at 225 this week thanks to TOM.. that *kitten*!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I am checking in at 203 :bigsmile: Yesterday morning was 203.5. I was probably a bit dehydrated from the beers I had. Next week is TOM so I am not expecting any great numbers. Only 1 more pound to make the :heart: challenge goal.... Have a great weekend.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    glad your having fun blombie!! you deserve it!

Checking in at 211 today. At least i'm consistent.
    have a great weekend ladies :)
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Today's weigh-in: 209.0, -1.6 from last week! *twirls*

Actually, I hit 209 mid-last week, but then bounced up a bit before weigh-in, but I'm perfectly fine with staying right around there for this week's weigh-in. Hopefully will drop some next week.

Pinbot, you are all sorts of amazing this challenge. 1 pound away from your 10lb goal early?? What have you been doing this challenge?

I was thinking... don't know your thoughts on this, but even though it's a v-day challenge, I know I'll be out of town that weekend, i was thinking our weigh-in could be that friday the 12th. That would make it 6 weeks from the beginning of the challenge and we can keep our weigh-ins on Fridays. Thoughts??

Today should be nice I think. The study I'm working on is finally getting rolling and I'm feeling a bit more settled even though I'm all over town it seems like over the week at multiple locations.

I might be a bit over my calories today as I won't have time to work out probably and treated myself to a mocha coffee this morning (one packet of hot chocolate mix, pour in coffee.. yum!), as well as a couple other more caloric things planned leaves me with 250 calories for dinner. I doubt that will happen!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone, only a .6 loss for me today, I'm trying to stay positive...my body fat percent is going down, but I'm thinking with the way I lose..I might not make 10 pounds...I can weigh in whenever, I usually do Fridays.
    I still am having trouble with my magic combo, my body (legs in particular) are very sore today, so maybe I'm holding some water in them....I'm just gonna keep, keeping on, what can I do......

So happy for everyone
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Debra, we often don't make the 10 pound goal (pinbot, is an overacheiver!).. it's just a nice easy goal to have, but the point is that you're losing, and gaining muscle and losing fat. Stick with it!

I ran last night... SO much easier to be back on the treadmill. I'm still having the same problem in that when I go slower, my legs.. especially my calves hurt... I think because I'm not hitting the treadmill well and I'm sort of half shuffling/jogging. They don't hurt really when I go up to 5.0. Then it's the issue of just getting tired and out of breath. But I was at 5.0 for longer yesterday than I was earlier in the week and powered through. Next week will be interesting. The beginning two days don't look bad, but that 20 min run is looming next Thursday and can i just say, eep?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Congrats on all the losses and maintaining - at least it's not gaining. I have no idea what I did except eat a lot and exercise a lot. Maybe being 900 cal over last Friday shook up my metabolism. Keep up the great work. Lunch is over and I have to get back on the road.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    So even though they are still a little snug, I was able to wear a pair of pants today that I bought a couple of years ago, but wouldn't button up. It's super frustrating when you own several items all in the same size, but some fit great, some are tight, some are loose. These pissed me off when I bought them because they were a size 20, which a wear, but they just were not zipping (they are a bit lower on the waist/hips), but I pulled them out this morning on a whim and I'm wearing them today! Woo! Great feeling! Though, it is still frustrating that even after 21 pounds, I'm still in the same size, though things are obviously looser. I was wondering how everyone else was doing in terms of how clothes were fitting.
  • Prd2bema2
    Prd2bema2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    525678.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Thanks for letting me know we move every week!!!! I had no idea!

I think everyone is doing a great job!! I KNOW I have never been more proud of myself!

I weighed in at 213 this am
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Okay gang - you guys are getting my rant on crappy resteraunts. I planned ahead deciding what to have, exercised hard before going and had lots of cal to spare. Fajita steak salad - how can you screw it up? Dry, tasteless meat - huge chunks of lettuce with carrot (I never saw a carrot when I visited Mexico) - that's all it was. No grilled onion or peppers or cheese or tomatoes. La Senorita is not a place I will go back to anytime soon. I barely ate half of it. The chips and salsa were stale. My husband said "no wonder it wasn't crowded for a fri night, the food sucked." So I guess he didn't like his food either. *sigh* At least I only gained 1/2 pound - I must have had 5 glasses of water there.

I'm working out extra hard today. We are having Thai food as a belated bday celebratio for hubby and I plan to have a few drinks. If the food is good, I plan to savor every bite.

Aka - you asked how our clothes are fitting. My double moons are gone (when bra too small and you hang out the top), my clothes have unshrunk and fit well. I have gotten into clothes that I haven't worn in over 5 years and think they look great on me. Still in XL top and stretch pants. I really was delusional for awhile thinking DH had screwed the laundry up. You can't trust men (ha-ha). I think for the last year that I was wearing my clothes too small because I couldn't admit how big I'd become. For years, I've avoided blue jeans and sized pants - I have no idea what size I am. I do have some milestones in life when I knew my weight. I was 200 in Sept 2003 the last time I tried a 5k. I remember training and asking my friend why I wasn't getting below 200. If only MFP had been around then. I was 180 when I moved to northern MI in 1996. I was 160 when I got married in 1991 and 134 (my lowest ever) in 1986 as a freshman in college. I was 160 when I graduated from high school. I took a jogging class and was running all over campus in college. To be young and active again. Now, I'm just old and semi-active. I need to go and do some step aerobics so I can burn cal to enjoy my Pad Thai without guilt.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    On My Pinbot, that sounds horrible! :huh: I think I might of sent it back. I couldn't have a Mexican meal with out my onions and peppers!! My Mother's side of the family is Mexican and I'm spoiled and fussy about where I go. My Grandparents have both passed in the last 5 years and I miss the smells of the house when they cook.
    I know I won't have that problem tonight, the place we got to is just a little Mom/Pop place, the whole family works there..they have the BEST magarittas that I have ever had!!:wink: .......I always get the chicken fijitas, it comes with a huge salad, homemade salsa, beans, rice, avacado, flour toritillas, I always bring half home. I am so looking forward to it this evening, we have not been out since our anniversary!
    I hope your Thia is better!

I did the measuring thing today and I have been taking pictures every 30 days too, it is the only thing that doesn't keep me from getting discouraged! I have lost inches again, 7 in total and my body fat is down 1.6%, and the weight is 4 pounds less...so I'm hanging in there....:drinker: :drinker:
    My clothes are fitting me too, so much better, and we are Cub fans (baseball)...I purchased my husband a windshirt the other day online, (because he coaches our son)...well, they had this little waffle-knit hoodie that I just loved...I have never been able to buy things online like that...well it came yesterday and it was still a size XL, but it fit perfectly!! I had always bought 2X or sometimes 3X...so I feel pretty good today!

Keep it up Gals, we are all doing great!! It's all the little things that add up to success!!

oh and I need new panties:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , mine are falling off of me when I walk:laugh: :laugh:
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    oh and I need new panties:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , mine are falling off of me when I walk:laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: LOL
  • akasullengal
    Options
    Glad someone else needed to buy new panties! I had to as well. Mostly because they were fine when I was walking during the day, but if I was exercising at all, they were start migrating down!

Thanks for the input on the sizes. I know I'm getting smaller, am just still the same size. But then again, in the past I could be at a 40 pound difference and be within the same 2 sizes. Go figure!

The scale was lower this morning. Another reason why I love the weekends! Plan on eating well the rest of the day. I haven't decided on cardio yet. I might do a dvd this evening while the roomies are gone. If the weight is about the same tomorrow, I'll check it in as official. hah.

eta: i changed my starting weight to actually where i started in october, versus where I was at the beginning of 2009. it was nice that I lost those 8 pounds, but I want to keep track of what i've lost since i've really committed for the long run.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    no cardio today, but I stayed within my calorie limits. because i sleep in so late on the weekends, i really only eat two meals, which saved me up enough calories to drink a couple glasses of wine that i got for christmas from the parents. mmm.

day 1 of week 5 of c25k tomorrow! let's hope that the people coming to the rec center continue to drop off, cause the weekend parking situation can be ugly. probably part of the reason why I haven't been going the past 2 saturdays as well.
  • ccs_gr
    ccs_gr Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello.
    I just found this TOPIC which I really need. I started doing MFP on January 2 and have lost 7.5 lb. so far. Today's weight is 209.5. So I'm in this for the long haul, it's nice to find others on the same journey.
    It looks like the shares stay up for a week on this blog, right?
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Welcome ccs:flowerforyou: Every Friday we start a new thread and weigh-in. You can do a search and find our old threads to learn more about us. New members are always welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Hey gang - I am up in the middle of the night trying to download more books. I lost my library stash when the laptop died and downloading is unlimited from 2 to 7 am. I've been running so much I need more books:wink: Just kidding. I just love books. Dinner was divine. I just love Thai food. I was smart and took 1/2 and put it in the fridge right away. I can't wait to have the left overs tomorrow. As I was sitting at the table talking and drinking my wine, I realized that if I hadn't put the food in the fridge, I would be mindlessly picking away at it and would have eaten too much.

aka - week 5 freaked me out. Remember - running is mental. Go slow and you will concur the 20 min run. You CAN do it. By the way, I actually ran for 12 min at 5.0 mph twice Friday :noway: I don't know what got into me. I decided to try it and was shocked - a full mile in 12 min. WOW. I am thinking of trying to run at 6.0 for a bit today. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies.. I'm workin on a sunday... I ahvent been eating good.. & I'm up to 227!!:noway:
    But what the hell??