OMG I crumbled and had a MacDonalds

Options

Replies

• lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Not a big deal---log it on your diary and go from there. It's the consistency that matters not your occasional lapses. Just keep going and choose your indulgences. Once in awhile isn't going to affect your results unless you get caught up in the guilt and totally derail yourself. :)
  • annie_banannie
    annie_banannie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    don't regret it, just log it.

That should be the official MFP tattoo. :happy:
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    don't regret it, just log it.

^^This...actually I think is a vital part of success. Mistakes happen. Do the right thing (log it) and move on. Forgive yourself for not keeping to your goals.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I didn't have McDonalds for a few months, then had it twice in one week a month ago, and both times, I immediately felt sick. I had around 10 french fries, and my stomach already felt woozy, and I started to get a headache.

Don't be too hard on yourself. You won't ruin your progress with one bad meal, just like you can't make good progress with one good meal.
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    think of it as a treat. it's something that happened and now we move on. try and exercise a little extra and get right back to the grind! everyone slips up now and then :) you won't die from this one time!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I had McDonald's Saturday night just before running a 5k. It was soooooo good. I was good and only got a Cheeseburger Happy Meal (420 cals), but even that satisfied my craving just enough. I didn't beat myself up over it. I knew I was going to be running 3 miles and I fit it in. Now... the beer I had after the race threw me into the red for my daily calories LOL. But I was under Sunday and yesterday. As long as you get right back on the horse, you'll be fine.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your calories as much as possible and maybe do some extra exercise. Not a big deal. It's that guilt and then binging later because you think you "blew it" that will get you in trouble.

yes this is exactly right. Don't give yourself too much grief!
  • Pgonzal2972
    Options
    but all my friends were going and didnt want to miss out. regret it sooo much but it was sooooooo nice arrrrrrrhhhh xx

It was only one meal...it's ok!! Don't feel guilty or regret it...accept it and move on. We all have our "splurges" and fall off the wagon at some point or another. The important thing is to get back on track with the next meal and just keep it movin'! :flowerforyou:
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MCDONALDS.

Do you think fine french cuisine with lard infused foods is healthier than nutritionaly healthy mcdonalds meal?

its obese who overeat give mcdonalds a bad name
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat it and have ice cream and other treats too, no biggie, you have to live. I stay on track with calories all week and on the weekend I indulge in some treats but I try to stay close to calorie goal, I am losing!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I am having it for dinner tomorrow because it's my daughter's school family night.
    I get the mini meal, not a ton of calories that way but still yummy.
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    You can have MacDonalds everyday if it fits your calorie/ macros goa
  • redmamacita
    redmamacita Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    purge it up. mcdonald's is poison.

KIDDING. what's done is done. just recognize the trigger that made you cave, and make sure to plan for how you will respond to that trigger in the future (aka fight the urge to give in). you won't completely derail after just one bad meal, but you have to quickly nip it in the bud and plan for the future for how you will avoid it next time.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    McDonalds Southwest Chicken Salad with GRILLED chicken and NO dressing. 290 cals / 27 Carbs / 27 Protein / 690 Sodium
    YUM!!!!

Just in case you find yourself there again, there are options that won't make you feel so guilty
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You can have MacDonalds everyday if it fits your calorie/ macros goa

^ this. obese overeaters giving healthy mcdonalds food a bad name

go eat your lard infused french cuisine
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food at least twice a week. Just stay in your budget and all is well.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I ate at McDonald a couple of weeks ago because it was late and I just reluctantly agreed. I didn't enjoy it AT ALL, I found it vile and disgusting and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. I can just imagine how bad a burger would have been.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    If I must do fast food I like A&W, I order a Little Buddy burger w/o cheese. 300 calories and $1.75, cheap , hot and fast.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MCDONALDS.

Do you think fine french cuisine with lard infused foods is healthier than nutritionaly healthy mcdonalds meal?

its obese who overeat give mcdonalds a bad name

Thin/fit people who eat clean also try to give McDonald's a bad name as well. I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make by mentioning 'obese people who overeat' twice in this thread.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Being able to go to somewhere to eat with friends should be part of your eating plan/diet. otherwise you will have a boring life( :P ) Besides, some of the mcdonalds food items are pretty small, so it may still fit into your daily calorie allowance.