Relationship advice...Please!

Options
Fat2Fit145
Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
Hey yall, i know this site is about weight loss, but this has been bothering me, and when things affect me emotionally they affect my moods and eating and well u know the drill.............so this happened going on a year now....

My boyfriend told his female friend " if I was single, you wouldnt be single"....... now i didnt receive that well... and to date it still bothers me....so im not comfortable with them being friends

what is your honest take on that statement??.... ( want both a male and female perspective)... as honest as possible...

thanks much

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    He sounds like a douche. Did you ask him about it?
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    hes saying if he was single he would nail her ........or may be doing it anyway (
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options

Yes i confronted him about it, and he said he was just trying to boost her self-esteem
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

Yes i confronted him about it, and he said he was just trying to boost her self-esteem

I don't buy it. But you would know him best. Does he have any other past behavior that may prove him to be unfaithful to you?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    jH8sI.gif
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the circumstances. I was once approached by a fellow student back i the day, she asked, if I did not have a girlfriend would I date her, and that is what I said. To spare her feelings. I would not go out with her, but she did not have to know that.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    dump him!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    It would depend on the circumstances. I was once approached by a fellow student back i the day, she asked, if I did not have a girlfriend would I date her, and that is what I said. To spare her feelings. I would not go out with her, but she did not have to know that.

True....and thats the basis of his argument, that he was just trying to make her feel better about her self.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I would be pissed and uncomfortable with their friendship.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How long have you two been together? Throughout this time you've been together, has he given you any reason to doubt or fear that has or will cheat on you?

Freud said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    jH8sI.gif

Love it. XD
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options

I don't buy it. But you would know him best. Does he have any other past behavior that may prove him to be unfaithful to you?

he did send other females messages that i didnt approve of like " there's something about you i really love"....sooooo......yeh
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A statement like that is in Gonzo's "no fly zone"
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

he did send other females messages that i didnt approve of like " there's something about you i really love"....sooooo......yeh

God no, there world is FULL of men, get a better one - that guy's either a cheater or a cheater in the making...
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

True....and thats the basis of his argument, that he was just trying to make her feel better about her self.

If the girl initiated the conversation there, that is the only answer he could give. We do not like to make girls cry. Then I will have to defend his position. On the other hand, if he just went up to her and said, yo baby, if I was not hitched, it would be you and me, then toss him.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    hes saying if he was single he would nail her ........or may be doing it anyway (

Agreed
  • Fat2Fit145
    Options
    How long have you two been together? Throughout this time you've been together, has he given you any reason to doubt or fear that has or will cheat on you?

Freud said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

no actually....i dont think that he will now....we have been together for 2 years now. when he said that it was about 13 months into the relationship.....but that mesage made me concerned about their emotional bond, and if he secretly likes her....idk
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Honey ive always had this motto....if your truly worried about unfaithfulness get out of the relationship. My husband has female friends and ive never had a thought about him cheating and visa versa we have complete trusts.....if it smells like a cheater it probably is

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    In what context did this convo happen? How did that subject come up for him to say that? Did he say that to her in front of you?

Need more details.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Well....it's a bit rude and may have implied more to the girl... does he realize this?

If he does and was apologetic, I may let it pass.

If he had an excuse, I'd question it more.

AND I just read down that this happened a while ago and it is bothering you....you either trust him or you don't.