POLL: How would you prefer to be broken up with?

Options

Replies

• leiaface
    leiaface Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, i am on the C boat too. I've been told "it's not you it's me." regardless that doesnt make you feel better even if that was the intention. I'd prefer honesty on your turf. EX. my ex decided to break up with me after me driving a half hour to his house, going out to dinner, then having "the talk" when we got home. sucks!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    adult and honest conversation/communication
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    if it HAD to be done, i say face to face..i had my ex-fiancee break up with me via snail mail..then he refused to take my phone calls..we lived 16 hours away, and he claims it was because he couldnt do a LDR, but we had been for a while, and things were great, so i think it was something else..then we became friends again 10 years later, and he pulled some stupid crap again..needless to say, we arent friends anymore..
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer for her to be straight up with me; no BS. Tell me the REAL reason for you ending the relationship.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've been broken up with over the phone a lot. If you're gonna stab me in the heart, do it in person.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Lie to me Baby!
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    C - none of the above

Tell me the truth, if it hurts my feeling so be it - but don't lie and dont get all immature and start causing issues that are not there. If you're not happy and you don't want to date.... bye!

^^^^ I absolutely agree!!
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    E: During Sex
  • kelseylou
    kelseylou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Having been through method B, it is definitely not less cruel. When someone you loved for four years suddenly changes, it hurts as you try to make it right.

That said, I'm with the C - None of the above. crowd. Tell me honestly, and let's part amicably.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    C - none of the above

Tell me the truth, if it hurts my feeling so be it - but don't lie and dont get all immature and start causing issues that are not there. If you're not happy and you don't want to date.... bye!

^^This. Man up and tell me the truth.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I've been broken up with over the phone a lot. If you're gonna stab me in the heart, do it in person.

Phone is better than a text, geesh! what a pansy.
  • CaptChad75
    Options
    I perfer to be broken up with while standing in a huge rain downpour, while the girl is standing under a hello kitty umbrella with perfect hair and makeup while she hands me back my toothbrush and razor that I kept at her place with Cinderelleas- "don't know what you got till it's gone" is playing real loud. Then as she walks away I drop to my knees and reach up to the clouds screaming "whyyyyyyyyy" all at the same time that my jeep explodes in slow motion for the dramatic effect in the back ground
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    either works because they probably have a doucheric issue anyways
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I prefer a good romp in the bedroom and then as soon as were done break up with me
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I perfer to be broken up with while standing in a huge rain downpour, while the girl is standing under a hello kitty umbrella with perfect hair and makeup while she hands me back my toothbrush and razor that I kept at her place with Cinderelleas- "don't know what you got till it's gone" is playing real loud. Then as she walks away I drop to my knees and reach up to the clouds screaming "whyyyyyyyyy" all at the same time that my jeep explodes in slow motion for the dramatic effect in the back ground

LOL
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    C.

Honesty is the best policy.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    C: Be honest.

Unfortunately I came back from basic to find my partner at the time and my best mate having it off. Less then impressed to be honest. I would have preferred to have been told rather than stumble across it.
  • Juniper88
    Options
    These choices suck. BUT, if I had to choose 1, I would go with "B". However, I would just rather you be up-front with it and just tell me that you want out and why. We are all grown. I would rather know than be lied too - which both options are. Just blurt that **** out and call it a day! I will live.
  • Juniper88
    Options
    I prefer a good romp in the bedroom and then as soon as were done break up with me

YES!!!!! This would TOTALLY work for me too! One last one for the road!
  • Danardeener
    Options
    C- I break up first!