POLL: How would you prefer to be broken up with?

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I would rather someone tell me the honest, cruel truth, so I can actually learn from my mistakes. Not tell me how great I am if I'm really not. If the truth is that they really are just 'not ready for a relationship' or any other reason then that is fine too. Just be honest, period.
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    Option C - be upfront and honest with me. Don't tell me things to comfort me to try and make it easier. Just be real. I've been told the "it's not you, it's me" line before, just recently actually. Was also told that we just aren't compatible anymore as a couple, and that he'd marry me if I lost 75-100 lbs. Yeah, don't put conditions on the relationship. Was also told somewhere in the midst of all that of how perfect I am, how much that he loves me, how I'm the best thing to come into his life, etc. If I'm so great and so perfect, why are you breaking my heart and walking away?

*Sigh*

Regardless of how it happens, it sucks nonetheless. But I'd rather it be honest, adult, and mature. That way both people can learn from their mistakes, heal, move on, and be in better, healthier relationships.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I perfer to be broken up with while standing in a huge rain downpour, while the girl is standing under a hello kitty umbrella with perfect hair and makeup while she hands me back my toothbrush and razor that I kept at her place with Cinderelleas- "don't know what you got till it's gone" is playing real loud. Then as she walks away I drop to my knees and reach up to the clouds screaming "whyyyyyyyyy" all at the same time that my jeep explodes in slow motion for the dramatic effect in the back ground

:laugh:

Now there's a visual for ya!!
  • Danardeener
    Options
    I perfer to be broken up with while standing in a huge rain downpour, while the girl is standing under a hello kitty umbrella with perfect hair and makeup while she hands me back my toothbrush and razor that I kept at her place with Cinderelleas- "don't know what you got till it's gone" is playing real loud. Then as she walks away I drop to my knees and reach up to the clouds screaming "whyyyyyyyyy" all at the same time that my jeep explodes in slow motion for the dramatic effect in the back ground

:laugh:

Now there's a visual for ya!!

Someone's been watching one too many drama movies!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    C: None of the above.

I'd prefer the person just be honest with me.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Honestly.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

*slow clapping*

Brilliant.
  • x__chrissy__x
    Options
    Just send me a text. I probably don't really like you anyway!
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    C - none of the above

Tell me the truth, if it hurts my feeling so be it - but don't lie and dont get all immature and start causing issues that are not there. If you're not happy and you don't want to date.... bye!

This!
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    C - none of the above

Tell me the truth, if it hurts my feeling so be it - but don't lie and dont get all immature and start causing issues that are not there. If you're not happy and you don't want to date.... bye!

And face to face...not have your sister call & tell me it's over.....*****. :mad:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    D. The truth and a monetary parting gift :o)

Like, we didnt work out but here's a BRAND NEW CAR!!! lol

Funny story, that's how Drew Carey used to break up with the models he dated. He would say "things didn't work out, but she got some lovely parting gifts." and buy the girl a car.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Funny story, that's how Drew Carey used to break up with the models he dated. He would say "things didn't work out, but she got some lovely parting gifts." and buy the girl a car.

Maybe Elvis used to buy girls pink Caddy's too...hmmm
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    D: She encourages a threesome with her drop dead gorgeous gf, then afterwards says it has made her too jealous and crazy for us to stay together.
    We have a winner!!!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Method B is a method? I totally didn't know that.
  • deadbambi
    Options

LOL OMFG. this made me laugh. and I agree. hehehe
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options

oscars21.png
  • farfoorah
    Options
    Over text...I'm not good at pretending to care.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    No one breaks up with me. I break up with them.

"Hey, we need to talk. It's not you, it's...."

"NO! I QUIT YOU FIRST! DONE! GET OUT!"
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    things-are-abouh-to-get-weird_c_185922.jpg
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    No one breaks up with me. I break up with them.

"Hey, we need to talk. It's not you, it's...."

"NO! I QUIT YOU FIRST! DONE! GET OUT!"

A preempt. Haha!