what your best tip to give someone

Options

Replies

• shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Watch Super Size Me.
    my teenage step daughter told me to do this. she also read a book about "fast foods". poor kid can hardly eat at mcDonalds
  • Dunkelheit666
    Dunkelheit666 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    One who attempts too much, succeeds in nothing.

You have to be in this for the long haul. The beginning will hurt and be fairly unpleasant. You have to want it more than it sucks to be tired sore or hungry.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    be patient!

eat less, move more!

do strength training!!
  • jaimiefj
    jaimiefj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What doesn't challenge you, doesn't change you.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    2 words: GET MOVING!
  • dlegros
    dlegros Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Find exercise you enjoy! If you loathe and resent every minute you spend on a treadmill then don't go on the treadmill. If you find something you enjoy, whether it's spin, running, Zumba, or whatever, then it won't feel like a chore and you're less likely to give it up or find excuses not to do it.

Very solid advice - I lost a load of weight 10 years ago, but got bored of going to the gym, stopped exercising which then started a chain reaction of events culminating in weight gain.

Now the gym is only supplemental to my main exercise (Krav Maga) and if I miss a session unexpectedly, my instructor will be asking me why; but as I really enjoy training I can keep it up :smile:
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That number on the scale doesn't tell the whole story! Take measurements, take pictures, pay attention to how your clothes feel. Sometimes what we don't lose in pounds, we lose in inches instead...
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't eat that second piece of cream cake.
  • ladyairborne
    Options
    I'VE LOST 11 LBS IN 40 DAYS,,,, IT'S GETTI NG EASIER,, INVEST IN A FITBIT, IT LINKS TO MFP,, AND IT HELPS ALOT
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    For you to succeed you have to find your own motivation for living a healthy lifestyle and review it every so often because it can change.

One more thing, enjoy a splurge every so often and enjoy it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I qualify as losing a lot of weight, but the most important thing I learned along the way was that the hardest part is breaking old habits and creating new ones. You need to start slowwwwwwly or else you will crash and burn.

Also, don't set time limits on your weight loss, like "I want to lose 10lbs by December". This is also a way to crash and burn. Even when you're doing everything right (eating at a deficit, counting calories correctly, exercising regularly, etc.) your body will do what it wants. I usually maintain for three weeks and then all the weight falls off the 4th week. There is no rhyme or reason, but imagine if I gave myself a time limit during those 3 weeks when I wasn't losing anything? It would've driven me nuts and made me quit.
  • annie786
    annie786 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My problem was always the food side, as I love to exercise.
    For Food- pay attention to Portion size. No matter how good the food taste, only take one serving. Don’t go back for that second serving. The food will still be there for the next day and you can enjoy another portion then. Also eat everything, instead of a big piece of cake, I will have just a sliver- I get the taste and my craving is satisfied…
    It’s all in the small changes- and sticking to a slow and steady progress.
    Good Luck, Cheers :smile:
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Sleep - get plenty of it - or as much as you personally need. It is much harder to make sensible choices when you are exhausted.
  • oonaghmolly
    oonaghmolly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Never eat yellow snow.

For weight loss, find what works for you, just be sensible about it.

Coz that is where the Huskys go
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.....thats the best advice I've had and its changed my life.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Start each day with a big huge glass of water with some lemon juice in it.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged......the weight wasn't put on over night it won't come off over night either. Perfection takes time! You can do it......

It's what I would want to hear.......
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Life - head down *kitten* up, get on with it (family motto!)
    Diet - don't sweat the small stuff, it's the downward trend that matters.

Good luck
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Exercise! You can lose without it, but you won't look as good and you likely won't stay healthy for long without it.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Don't let the critics or anyone else get you down. Run your own race!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!