I hate loud Crunches in the office.....

Options
124»

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a guy who saw no problem with clipping his fingernails in his cubicle. Snip, snip, snip, right into his trashcan (thank goodness). Soooo gross, I'd almost rather hear someone chew.

I once witnessed a morning commuter do this on the train.

She left a neat little pile of clippings on the seat next to her.

public transportation is vile for reasons like this.
  • heathercicle
    heathercicle Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's not as bad as working in an open area with women who chat incessantly about their birth stories

This totally grosses me out!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Lol. I've been moaning about my neighbour all day! He doesn't stop eating and snacking. Sometimes healthy and some times sweets, and always loud.
    I could hear him crunching crisps over my iPod this afternoon.

It's made me really conscious of what I eat, and if I want an apple I don't eat at my desk anymore! I go into the kitchen to eat it!
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I used to work with a guy who saw no problem with clipping his fingernails in his cubicle. Snip, snip, snip, right into his trashcan (thank goodness). Soooo gross, I'd almost rather hear someone chew.
    My cubemate: Toenails. I **** you not.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Fun fact: Irrational feelings of anger triggered by sound is apparently called misophonia.

What's being described here is not an irrational response.

Like, exaggerated anger. Like wanting to beat the **** out of the person making the noise. That's what I meant.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I like jalapeno Cheetos...
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    I was going to say something like, 'there are so many cubicle jobs in this thread' but I realized that it's specifically 'in the office' :laugh:

I'm going to be a psychologist so I won't have any stories like these! Except maybe a client clipping his or her toenails or eating openly while telling me their problems . . . :tongue:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: Irrational feelings of anger triggered by sound is apparently called misophonia.

I just knew there was a name for my disease! Thanks for the factoid. :drinker: