Property Virgin..

Options
12346»

Replies

• penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    ANYWAYSSSSSSSSS.. THEY ACCEPTED MY OFFER! WOO WOO!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Pictures or it didn't happen...

Kidding!

Congrats!!! Now for the hard part - condition waivers!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Kidding!

The hard part is reading through all of the paperwork at the closing. It's tempting to skip reading and just sign but I've found mistakes at all three of my closings so I wouldn't suggest that. :tongue:
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    That's pretty expensive..

It depends on the area you live in. In my area, it would be expensive, and it had better be a damned nice house. However, there are lots of places where that's not expensive at all.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Just put an offer on a half a mill house... hopefully I get it :)

edit: for those of you who don't know the location of where I am (all of you).. 500k for a house is not much.. trailer homes are like 400k.. soooo don't think that i'm boasting.. lol

You could just put a picture on your profile and not post a topic about it...
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Kidding!

The hard part is reading through all of the paperwork at the closing. It's tempting to skip reading and just sign but I've found mistakes at all three of my closings so I wouldn't suggest that. :tongue:

What? We're supposed to read those. I totally didn't.

Haha.

My lawyer just pointed to where I was supposed to sign.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    Hindsight being 20/20, I would never have bought a home. In this country, we are punished for owning anything, and for being successful..we pay very high taxes, property taxes, insurance ect....and get priced out of the home that was once (when we bought it) affordable. My house has depreciated almost 30% because my neighborhood has become a rent neighborhood full of a bunch of houses that have been converted to government subsidized homes. It's already dangerous, and getting more so. Am installing bars on the windows before cmas.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Just put an offer on a half a mill house... hopefully I get it :)

edit: for those of you who don't know the location of where I am (all of you).. 500k for a house is not much.. trailer homes are like 400k.. soooo don't think that i'm boasting.. lol

You could just put a picture on your profile and not post a topic about it...

geez, do you say that to all the people who lost weight in the success story forums? lol
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    That would get you a townhouse here.

i grew up where you're living right now... and the house market here is pretty much exactly what it is there...

have you looked at how much housing has gone up in Langley?
    You can get a really crappy house here for 500K or a really tiny one.

houses aren't too bad still for 500k... for instance this one isn't too bad there

f1205400_1.jpg?PhotoId=634822223130000000

In North Texas, ^^this house would run you around $100-120k. And it would come with at least 1/4 acre lot.

And no one in their right mind would pay $400k for a trailer house. Anywhere.
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Congrats!!! :heart:
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That's pretty expensive..
    nah, they probably throw out half a mil loans to anybody making 50K or more with decent cred. now-a-days.

We got approved for 300K off my 20K grad. student stipend (we're in a house tha cost half that though).

average household income here is 220k a yr

as in a specific zip code thats full of pricey houses? because no town etc has that high of an avrg income unless you live in the same town as Warren buffet and thats causing the curve to be way messed up

had to look it up cus i haven't seen the statistic in a while, it's at 177k per household now i guess.. but yeah that's for the town... not postal code

177k is more doable. if you trunkate the top and bottom 10 households in the town you will find the avrg is closer to 125k ish I bet, which is also in line with what alot of people make that buy 500k houses. And congrats on them accepting the offer!! please don't take my post as negative I work in finance and kinda have a thing for numbers lol
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    That would get you a townhouse here.

i grew up where you're living right now... and the house market here is pretty much exactly what it is there...

have you looked at how much housing has gone up in Langley?
    You can get a really crappy house here for 500K or a really tiny one.

houses aren't too bad still for 500k... for instance this one isn't too bad there

f1205400_1.jpg?PhotoId=634822223130000000

In North Texas, ^^this house would run you around $100-120k. And it would come with at least 1/4 acre lot.

And no one in their right mind would pay $400k for a trailer house. Anywhere.

You'd believe it if you lived here..
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My parents have two homes, one in NJ and one in FL. They are both roughly the same size. The house in NJ is worth $600,000 and the house in FL is worth $200,000. It's all relative.

Congrats! I'm hoping to buy my first house in about a year and a half - my family currently rents it out but plans have been made up for me to purchase it.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Grats!!

I'm used to the large prices too. Where I'm located a shack is about a million and I don't live in California. I live in a ski resort which makes the price sky rocket. I'm not rich though personally... just related to those that did well. (Working on making that happen for myself too! :smile: ) It's just all in the location!

I hope you enjoy your lovely new place no matter the price.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now for home inspections and legal mumbo jumbo :drinker: