Wrong Names??

Options

Replies

• Audiejude
    Options
    My name is Audrey, but it feels like I've been called Aubrey and Audra more times than my real name.
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My name is Rodney, but my brother Derrick, has one friend that insists on calling me Dave. Really gets on my tits.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My name is Rodney, but my brother Derrick, has one friend that insists on calling me Dave. Really gets on my tits.

Alright Dave?
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My first name is Dawn, simple right? Nope. It gets spelled incorrectly all the time: Don (I'm not a boy thanks!), Dawne, Daun, I've even gotten Down, more than once, lol! Also when I get introduced to people 8 out of 10 times people repeat back Donna. I also get Deanna, Dina, Melissa (what? how?), Darlene. I don't get it, Dawn isn't that common but its definitely not weird or unusual. Oh and the nicknames, my personal favorite when people do the "it just Dawned on me, do you get it!" thing, lol.

My boyfriend's last name is Kardasis but he gets called "Kardashian" all the time. It drives him nuts, lol.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

lol so many people won't get that!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Tell a girl at a convention Sarah, with an H. she write Sahra. seriously?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My name is Kara- that's Care-uh not Car-uh or carol or Karen or Sara or Tara or Keri or Kayla or whatever else you think it is! I will often purposely mispronounce my name to sound like 'Keer-Ra' and then they understand its Kara. Oh the joys of having a difficult name that's only four letters long!!
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    My name is Rodrigo... and you have to roll your Rrrrrs
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My real name is Jaclyn but many people either misspell it as Jacklyn, Jacqueline, Jacylyn, Jocelyn etc. I really hate my name so much that for soem reason I get irritated whenever people call me by my real name (what are nicknames for? DUH! :grumble: )
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I couldn't imagine anyone pronouncing that without rolling Rrrrs & neither my tongue.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I couldn't imagine anyone pronouncing that without rolling Rrrrs & neither my tongue.
    right? it's funny though my class mates in college had a really hard time learning to roll
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My last name.
    Spelled: R A U J O L
    Pronounced (approximately) : Row shawl
    There is no amaerican equivalent to a french J - but just think the letter sound in deja vu

People first attempt usually sounds like Rrrr (short) aaaa Jewel

What KILLS is when they say "Rrraaajewle?" and I politelt respond, "Actually, it's Raujol" and they look you dead in the face and say, "Rrraaajewle?" and all you can think is: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

I have a friend that just calls me Ravioli
  • crissy97
    crissy97 Posts: 277
    Options
    my names crystal i get chris christina christan chrys cherll like wtf ?

my last name always gets spelt wrong same as my name its crystal stuart i get christal stewart like really ??? most my family spells it wrong
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My name is Marta, and people call me Maria all the time. Um no...
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My name is Martine, and I've heard every variation out there, from Mary to Marina to Maryanne.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Forget the movie, Maverick waves are some of the best in the world. In reading your post, I read Maverick, not merevic!

Oops! Sounds like word association is needed, I would be annoyed if everyone in the office constantly got my name wrong because they couldn't be bothered to figure it out. NOT that hard!
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    My name is Stephanie.

I constantly hear Bethany (understandable), Tiffany, and Stacey.

Surprisingly I'm called Stacey a lot.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My name is Danika, nobody pronounces it or spells it right, so I stick with Dani lol
    31993703 Posts: 1,144
    Options
    People screw up my last name all the time. :(
  • mikiala7664
    Options
    My family last name is Basso - pretty easy, a fish with an o at the end. My son plays football...so the announcer, who has his name printed in front of him will announce if he made a play....names of Brasso (where is the r?) and my favorite DeBassio ....wow...kills me. People have to ask me how to pronounce it......most common i get is Bosso. So i usually say the fish BASS with an O... Bass - O.