Wrong Names??

Options

Replies

• PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    My sons GF's name is Venus, my wife is from Korea and they do not have a "V" sound in their language so, they usually pronounce "V" as "P"..........sooooooooooooooo .......ummmmm......:laugh:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    my name is tristan i get christian, justin, chris, kristen, tyrone (cuz u know black guy name starts with t, one guess you gotta go with tyrone -__-)
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My name is Rodney, but my brother Derrick, has one friend that insists on calling me Dave. Really gets on my tits.

Did nobody make the Only Fools and Horses connection? :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I've been called Kyle so many times, and everyone wants to spell my name as Karl. Just no. I am not a hillbilly or German.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    My brother's name is Lathen. He gets Layton, Leyden, Nathan etc. When he was in elementry school the teachers all called him Nathan, put his name on his desk as Nathan so he would always just sigh and say "Well I will just take Nathan's desk, he wont be coming anyways" Eventually everyone caught on to what it is, but now he is working in the real world he is finding some of the names they come up with hilarious.

My name is Lauren - I have been called Laurie, Laureen, Laurel or jut people saying Lauren all wrong. it is NOT that hard to say.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    My name is Veronica but my professors call me Vicky or Victoria all the time. How the heck do you get Vicky or Victoria from Veronica? I can see V or Ronnie but the others? These are professors for crying out loud. :noway:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    My name is Heather, which is pretty common and not often butchered BUT I have an uncle that is a redneck from Kentucky and he always calls me Feather. All my life my aunts and cousins have called me Heather Feather or just Feather. Cute, right? Right.

Anyway, I never knew why he called me that or where it came from until a couple years ago when we were all sitting around at Christmas telling stupid family stories and getting drunk. Apparently he misheard my aunt when she told him what my mother had named me. I was almost 6 months old before he asked my mother one day "Why on earth would you name that child Feather? :laugh:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    My daughters name is Sydney....she is constantly called Cindy.
  • robingrizzle
    Options
    nothing to do with the topic but I was reading through all the posts and saw how much weight you lost.. WAY TO GO!!!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my name is Oscar. so i'm called Arthur all the time over the phone......and Carlos. :/
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My name is Kara- that's Care-uh not Car-uh or carol or Karen or Sara or Tara or Keri or Kayla or whatever else you think it is! I will often purposely mispronounce my name to sound like 'Keer-Ra' and then they understand its Kara. Oh the joys of having a difficult name that's only four letters long!!

I'm the same except my name is spelled Cara. It drives me nuts.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My name is Lorraine, but at work there's this woman who calls and whenever I say the greeting message and then "Lorraine speaking" - she ALWAYS says "Oh hi Louise,"

...?
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my name is Oscar. so i called Arthur all the time over the phone......and Carlos. :/

o yea...and its not a wrong name...but i ALWAYS get..." Oscar? Thats my dog/cat/fish's name!" umm...okay...
  • mistressfaye
    mistressfaye Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My name is Shannon (middle name is Faye), the number of people that call me Sharon is unbelievable, even when they reply to an email that clearly has Shannon in the signature, they still call me Sharon
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I am on the phone with clients 8 hours a day, and for some reason they hear "Auburn" just as often as "Robin". And SOOO many people call me Miss Robin after I say "My name is Robin" maybe they hear "My name's miss Robin?" I don't know but it is annoying as hell...
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I go by Georgie and get called Georgia, Georgette, and Georgina a lot because people just don't understand why a girl goes by the name Georgie. Doesn't really bother me though. I actually used to go by George, but got called Georgie enough times that it stuck.
    My given name is Stephanie and for whatever reason people always called me Bethany or Brittany. I enunciate well and don't have an accent so I don't understand where the disconnect is.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I typically just tell people I'm "Lori" because "Lorina" gets butchered so bad. Pretty much I'll answer anything that begins with an L.

My neighbor still thinks my name is Lenore, but he has beer for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I'm not going to waste my breath correcting him.
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I get Dot or Stef for my name, which is Beth. ok....
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My name is Amanda. I haven't had anyone butcher that yet, but I do get Mandy sometimes. I am not a Mandy.

The one I get most is about my daughter, Jadyn. Friends and family still spell it "Jayden" almost every time. Anyone who has seen it written but doesn't know us personally will assume Jadyn is a boy.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My name is Becky and I get called Debbie frequently