Who can look at your cell phone???

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    My husband can look at my phone and I can look at his. His phone is cooler than mine so I tinker with it sometimes but even if I did read through his things, I would certainly be bored to death by work text messages and emails. I don't think he has ever snooped on me.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    There's nothing other than some of the stupid (feces) I post to you guys that would be emberassing, so mine's open.

Of course I met my wife through a forum, so she understands how I roll anyway.

I'd just appreciate non-racy messages and friend requests though if she really gets nosy. I ignore/don't respond to those.
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    We are an open book...anyone can look at mine!! Same for my husband!! My 3 teenager's phones If I ask they better hand over!! Here is the deal I pay for the phones, they live under my roof and eat my food!! I am sorry but as long as I provide for you and you are under age.....you have to be an open book!!! NO expections!! Sorry if parents feel different!! But my kids also do not have Facebook pages. So far so good with all three of them!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My question to you would be... is there some reason why you WANT to see your kids' phones... I.E. Do you THINK that they are trying to hide something? If so... sounds like perhaps phone privileges need to be either revoked or limited for a little bit anyways...

Or are you just being nosy?... personally, I don't even have kids yet... but when I do, I don't forsee letting the kids have their own phones while they are still in high school anyways... There will probably be 1 emergency only phone that the kids can use if they are going somewhere on their own. But unless they had given me a reason to not trust them... then I imagine that I would ... Just my 2 cents... good luck!
  • spoonful
    spoonful Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My SO can use it whenever she likes.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Just a note to the people who don't lock your phones: You should, in case it gets stolen or lost. I'm the most careful/paranoid person ever, and I still ended up with my purse getting stolen earlier this year.

You can share your pass codes with your spouses to keep the openness, etc., but seriously... lock your phones.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a lock on the phone but that's for strangers in case I lose it somewhere. My husband doesn't know the password. I'd tell him if he asked though. I don't know the password to his phone but I know he would tell me if I asked. I have nothing to hide from my husband but I wouldn't want my son to see all of my texts with my girlfriends and sister. Those can get pretty raunchy!

I haven't asked for my son's phone. He is not getting in trouble and has good grades. If that changes, I will ask for his phone. Right now he has my trust so I don't see the need to take it and look at it. I remember what it's like to be a teenager and as long as he is doing what he is supposed to, he can have his privacy.
  • cma17
    cma17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I delete everything so there is really nothing to hide,not because i am trying but i my phone only holds 20 texts before it gets full and therefore DELETE! It also has no lock and I leave it lying around so it is pretty much fair game and the bf's is the same.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I JUST put a passcode on my phone the other day. My husband wasn't used to it and he was like, 'WTF?!?!?' when he found out. I immediately told him the code. No secrets. It does not build a healthy relationship. He has no reason to go into my phone, but I think it is important that he knows that he can trust me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There's nothing to see on my phone - just some pics of stuff growing in my garden, my husband and I on backpacking trips, my dog and cat snuggling together - just every day stuff. Most of the texts are from my sister or my husband. I don't care who sees it, but I can see how some people wouldn't want other people up in their private business.

I would think it's totally appropriate for spouses to have access and parents to have access to their kids' phones - but I think it's only fair that everyone knows at the outset that phones are not private. No sneaky stuff -that's just creepy to me.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Just a note to the people who don't lock your phones: You should, in case it gets stolen or lost. I'm the most careful/paranoid person ever, and I still ended up with my purse getting stolen earlier this year.

You can share your pass codes with your spouses to keep the openness, etc., but seriously... lock your phones.
    Not paranoid. Ever.

Never had jack diddly stolen from me. Methinks I'm gonna continue to keep my phone unlocked.
  • MichaelYoung1976
    Options
    I don't care who looks at my phone. If I'm in a relationship, I won't have anything to hide.

blk-blk-exercise.png
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My ex-husband has finally passcoded his phone so I can't get in it. A**hole.
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I'm not being nosy. I'm not sure how to explain it. I just want them to know that I'm doing my job as a parent. I ask what time they're going to be home...who are they going to be with....I keep an eye on their grades. I'm not necessarily NOT trusting them. My hope is to let them know that until they're brains are fully developed (23 yoa) then it's my job to make sure they make good choices.
    It's hard to explain. But I did A LOT of stuff when i was a kid and if my parents kept better tabs on me I'd like to think I would've made better choices.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Not paranoid. Ever.

Never had jack diddly stolen from me. Methinks I'm gonna continue to keep my phone unlocked.

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it won't, or can't.

I never had anything stolen from me, ever, either... until March of this year. So when I got a new phone, I started locking it.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Well, my kids are under 3. And my 2 1/2 year old has already made calls on it. My hubby has access to it too. Don't really care since there is nothing to hide.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

I found a phone last week. It was unlocked. I dialed the last number called on it and set up a time they could pick it up. Had it been locked they probably would not have gotten it back.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My SO and I have the same passcode for our phones. They're frequently left out in the open. If he wanted to go through my phone or my gmail, or anything on there I wouldn't have a problem with him.

He calls me nosey because I tell him what the messages on his phone say but if I don't, he'll leave them sit there for weeks and never read them... and then people will call me and ask if he got their message so I just find it easier that way.

No one else is allowed in my phone. No one. If you need to see something in there, I'll show you. If you want to use an app, I'll open it for you. That's how it works.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

I found a phone last week. It was unlocked. I dialed the last number called on it and set up a time they could pick it up. Had it been locked they probably would not have gotten it back.

All of the smart phones I've ever had contact with had emergency contacts that you could call from the locked screen. Wouldn't that have been just as easy to get the phone back to it's owner?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

:drinker: