Replies

• TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Excellent Work!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT!!! amazing results!! keep up all ur hard work!!
  • mom2mygirls
    mom2mygirls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You inspire me to keep at the 30DS!
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    wow is all i can say!!! Amazing job. and you are so inspiring!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Jillian definitely ROCKS! Keep up the hard work! Can't wait to see more pics as you progress.
  • Alisha_Joy
    Alisha_Joy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome! I LOVE the progress so far! Great job....keep moving!
  • Scouter123
    Scouter123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For the person asking what 30DS is:
    Exercise program by Jillian Michaels of Biggest Loser fame. You can preview it on youtube but the dvd is only about $10.
    3 levels, each done over 10 days, each progressively harder. Can repeat it if you are not quite completely "shred-able". I have also modified it as have joint issues with plyometrics (she gives harder and easier options)
    Warm up, 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 min abs repeated 3 times and then a cool down.
    Takes just over 20 minutes so easy to fit into the day, you will definitely feel you have worked out.
    Motivation and commitment are the part you have to do yourself.
    I heard about it on these message boards too, good to see so many people having success!
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That is just amazing!! Good for you!
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are committed, and the results are amazing...it is not the weight loss that captures the eye, it is your glowing face!
    I did buy the dvd, but the 'normal' reviewers said to be in fairly good shape before starting....I like how you have decided 30 days is not the goal, but getting through each section with strength....I will pull out the program, get some weights and a yoga mat, and try it.

Thanks to everyone for their stories, I too was afraid that the weight would interfere with doing it.

Cheers, BJ
  • Dani_Strength
    Dani_Strength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Your doing an Awesome job, Keep it up!!!
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It really works. You look great. I have to give it a go
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, amazing results and you should be proud of all your hard work. You look great!!!!

I wish everyone that started 30 DS and quit after Level 1 could just push through to Level 2...that is where the results happen.

I've done 30 DS, Ripped In 30, and doing 6 Week 6 Pack now. I'll always rotate a Jillian DVD along with running. It works!
  • erinnm
    erinnm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Just wondering if your knees bothered you from doing 30ds? I was getting to the end of level 1 and my knees hurt.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Just wondering if your knees bothered you from doing 30ds? I was getting to the end of level 1 and my knees hurt.

A little, yes. At first. In Level 1, it was mostly the modified push-ups that bothered me. Thanks to advice from MFP friends, I started doing the push-ups on my toes but with my hands elevated. Between that and paying more attention to my form when doing squats and lunges, my knee issues resolved.

My knees are a little sore now in Level 2, but I think it has more to do with ALL of me being sore! :)
  • losingyasmine
    Options
    Did you lose any weight doing the shred? I am aware that my body is changing, but I assumed that by doing at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday along with the shred and watching my calorie intake, I would be losing some weight. (I am currently 305 pounds, so I thought it would be relatively easy to start shedding some weight).

Best,
    Y
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Did you lose any weight doing the shred? I am aware that my body is changing, but I assumed that by doing at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday along with the shred and watching my calorie intake, I would be losing some weight. (I am currently 305 pounds, so I thought it would be relatively easy to start shedding some weight).

I definitely lost weight while I was doing 30DS, but I think the weight loss was due to eating at a calorie deficit. I know that for me personally, weight loss is almost entirely related to what I eat while changing my body shape is a result of exercise. Sadly, I'm not one of those folks who can eat anything I want and just work out like a beast and still lose weight. (Not saying that you're doing that, just saying what my journey has been like)
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    bump for later! Congrats on your success!
  • scrapmum4
    scrapmum4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats on your results. Seeing posts like this gives me the kick in the butt I need to just have a go and try.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    U look wonderful! :)
  • dconnolly818
    dconnolly818 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! I'm on L1D3 and this definitely makes me want to keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!