Rant: You look just like her!

Options
I was at the hair salon today and waiting for my stylist to come back. This older woman sitting next to me grabbed a magazine with Adele on the cover and showed it to her stylist and exclaimed, "You look JUST like her!" The stylist, blond curls, heavy-set, just shrugged her off.

I think Adele is beautiful. I think people need to get over themselves about how she looks too, who cares, she has an amazing voice.

But I know how she felt.

When I was heavy, people told me I looked like Monica Lewinski. It drove me insane. Honestly, no, I did not, I just was heavy and had brown hair.

Just a rant. I do not know why people insist that it is a compliment to point out a heavy celeb you look just like.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Uh, maybe she meant her face?
  • madworld1
    Options
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe she was talking about her face. Adele is gorgeous.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    honestly, if you're going to get offended that you're being compared to a very beautiful woman, then this sounds like your problem, not theirs.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    dWXSl.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    honestly, if you're going to get offended that you're being compared to a very beautiful woman, then this sounds like your problem, not theirs.

Lol. She's getting offended for another person, not herself. That's the kicker.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    That's nice honey.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Adele did lose a bunch of weight, google pictures of her weight loss, she looks fantastic.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

Lol. She's getting offended for another person, not herself. That's the kicker.

oh jeeze.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Adele is stunning - beautiful skins, gorgeous hair, amazing voice, and doesn't give a crap about her weight. She rocks.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I'm with the OP :laugh:
    Adele is pretty and she also used to be very heavy set and since becoming more popular has lost some weight....still heavy set
    For most ppl if you mention the "heavy set singer with an awesome voice" they'll know who you're talking about
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    When I was heavy, people told me I looked like Monica Lewinski. It drove me insane. Honestly, no, I did not, I just was heavy and had brown hair.
    What if I told you that you still do? She's hot, dude. Hell, the leader of the free world was happy to bring her on board his battleship. Take it as a compliment.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    a.aaa-Oh-You-Mad.jpg
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Adele is beautiful. She was still beautiful even before she lost weight.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Adele is stunning - beautiful skins, gorgeous hair, amazing voice, and doesn't give a crap about her weight. She rocks.

If she didn't give a crap, she wouldn't have lost weight haha and if all of you on this site didn't give a crap about your weight, you wouldn't be here
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1. Adele is a beauty. Her voice is wonderful and powerful.
    2. I was once told (35 years ago) that I looked like Martin Sheen. I could only wish I did.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Adele is GORGEOUS. If I was compared to her I'd be thrilled!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    People tell me I look like Rhianna, I personally don't see it, not to mention ri-ri has a ginormous forehead, but it's gotten to the point that tons of people tell me this all the time so I've just accepted it and moved on.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I just told Adele she looks like you. Better?
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'd be annoyed if someone compared me to Monica Lewinski too. But Adele? I'd be flattered. Regardless of weight, she's stunning. So I wouldn't feel bad for your hair stylist. Besides, it was from an old lady. It's a known fact people get a little batty with age.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    For most ppl if you mention the "heavy set singer with an awesome voice" they'll know who you're talking about
    Mama Cass? Carnie Wilson? Bette Midler? Charlotte Church? Jennifer Hudson ? Chaka Khan?