Rant: You look just like her!

Options

Replies

• glitterjam
    glitterjam Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was at the hair salon today and waiting for my stylist to come back. This older woman sitting next to me grabbed a magazine with Adele on the cover and showed it to her stylist and exclaimed, "You look JUST like her!" The stylist, blond curls, heavy-set, just shrugged her off.

I think Adele is beautiful. I think people need to get over themselves about how she looks too, who cares, she has an amazing voice.

But I know how she felt.

When I was heavy, people told me I looked like Monica Lewinski. It drove me insane. Honestly, no, I did not, I just was heavy and had brown hair.

Just a rant. I do not know why people insist that it is a compliment to point out a heavy celeb you look just like.

I agree with you. Monica Lewinsky? Nothing against her, I actually have always thought she looked pretty good and always put together nicely. But why can't they say, "Damn! You look like Megan Fox!"?
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    For most ppl if you mention the "heavy set singer with an awesome voice" they'll know who you're talking about

Hmm i think of Beth Ditto
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    For most ppl if you mention the "heavy set singer with an awesome voice" they'll know who you're talking about
    Mama Cass? Carnie Wilson? Bette Midler? Charlotte Church? Jennifer Hudson ? Chaka Khan?

Don't forget about Meat Loaf.

Carnie Wilson - gastric bypass
    Bette Midler is NOT Adele heavy
    Jennifer Hudson - Jenny Craig
    Charlotte Church - thick, once again NOT Adele heavy
    Meat loaf - while still a big guy, actively worked to lose weight as well

Chaka Khan - has been
    Mama Cass - most people in this generation don't know her except for the fact she choked on a chicken bone

Just a few corrections, Jennifer Hudson was Weight Watchers, most people know who Mama Cass was.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Her voice is amazing - I will say that....own her cd and listen to it often actually but if she wasn't famous,.... how attractive would she really be to people? Ever notice how a lot of celebrities are more attractive simply b/c they're famous

Adele-with-and-without-makeup.jpg

I still think she's gorgeous. :)

PS: When people compare us to celebrities, they're naturally referring to the celebrity when they're all made up and magazine ready, not when they're at home chilling with no makeup, frumpy clothes and their hair a mess (clearly, since we don't often see those pics).
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I was at the hair salon today and waiting for my stylist to come back. This older woman sitting next to me grabbed a magazine with Adele on the cover and showed it to her stylist and exclaimed, "You look JUST like her!" The stylist, blond curls, heavy-set, just shrugged her off.

I think Adele is beautiful. I think people need to get over themselves about how she looks too, who cares, she has an amazing voice.

But I know how she felt.

When I was heavy, people told me I looked like Monica Lewinski. It drove me insane. Honestly, no, I did not, I just was heavy and had brown hair.

Just a rant. I do not know why people insist that it is a compliment to point out a heavy celeb you look just like.

I agree with you. Monica Lewinsky? Nothing against her, I actually have always thought she looked pretty good and always put together nicely. But why can't they say, "Damn! You look like Megan Fox!"?

Maybe because Megan Fox is a mouth breathing wh0re. Like, literally she takes goods for sex.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options

But I know how she felt.

Maybe because Megan Fox is a mouth breathing wh0re. Like, literally she takes goods for sex.
    So hot, though, dude.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Adele is GORGEOUS. If I was compared to her I'd be thrilled!

Agreed.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Didn't Mama Cass die of heart failure?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

But I know how she felt.

Woah, woah, woah... you say someone pointing out that having rolls isn't generally "beautiful" is having a bad attitude, but then call an actress a "*kitten*"? Seriously? Let's stop the pejorative women on women hate NOW.

Because she does not, literally, take goods for sex.
  • firstsip
    Options
    Also, OP, you DO look like Monica Lewinski (at her thickest or thinnest)--you guys definitely have similar facial structure (specifically your cheeks, nose, and thick lips). You're both good looking women!

Although I can understand some feelings of, "No you just think that because of these two traits," as I get lots of, "You look like Tina Fey"... but no, any brunette with glasses seems to look like Tina Fey. -_-
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Didn't Mama Cass die of heart failure?

Yes - she did; I looked it up. They believe that her heart failure was brought on by extreme weight loss measures, i.e., fasting 4 days per week.
  • infamousmk
    Options

But I know how she felt.

Woah, woah, woah... you say someone pointing out that having rolls isn't generally "beautiful" is having a bad attitude, but then call an actress a "*kitten*"? Seriously? Let's stop the pejorative women on women hate NOW.

Okay, 'it is speculated that she literally takes goods for sex'... how's that? I'd never call a woman a *kitten* that didn't perform acts of prostitution, but the rumor mill does have a pretty strong line on her using her casting couch skills to get her part in Transformers.
  • firstsip
    Options

But I know how she felt.

Okay, 'it is speculated that she literally takes goods for sex'... how's that? I'd never call a woman a *kitten* that didn't perform acts of prostitution, but the rumor mill does have a pretty strong line on her using her casting couch skills to get her part in Transformers.

You mean the rumor that came out after she quit, stating that Michael Bay made her consistently uncomfortable and told her she was only good for sex appeal? :ohwell:

I don't even like her (she's a crap actress, I don't think many can dispute that), but I hate that the words get thrown around so cavalier... especially when, hey, if someone legitimately wants to use their body that way (in a consensual manner, without pressure), what's wrong with that?

But, to stay on topic... beauty's subjective, but Adele is flaw free, even in those pictures without makeup.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I hate when people compare anyone's looks to anyone. That moment of "wtf, do I really look like that"?!
    You never know how the person is going to take it.

The majority of people here are saying Adele is attractive, but honestly it's all a matter of opinion.

A friend of mine used to tell me I looked like Snooki :explode:

My point is: why even bring it up if you risk offending the person. How bout just keeping your opinions to yourself.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I hate that the words get thrown around so cavalier... especially when, hey, if someone legitimately wants to use their body that way (in a consensual manner, without pressure), what's wrong with that?

I'm not saying one way or another whether I think something's wrong with it (too little space to give a good answer) but I will say this -- if one chose to do that, then the noun describing one who does that would apply, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be cavalier in that situation ... it would be apt.
  • infamousmk
    Options

But I know how she felt.

You mean the rumor that came out after she quit, stating that Michael Bay made her consistently uncomfortable and told her she was only good for sex appeal? :ohwell:

I don't even like her (she's a crap actress, I don't think many can dispute that), but I hate that the words get thrown around so cavalier... especially when, hey, if someone legitimately wants to use their body that way (in a consensual manner, without pressure), what's wrong with that?

But, to stay on topic... beauty's subjective, but Adele is flaw free, even in those pictures without makeup.

Well, if she didn't use her mouth to get the job, I don't know how she got it, because she's a garbage actress.

Either way, I'm just over here crackin' wise. Don't take anything I say seriously - like, ever.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Adele is stunning - beautiful skins, gorgeous hair, amazing voice, and doesn't give a crap about her weight. She rocks.

If she didn't give a crap, she wouldn't have lost weight haha and if all of you on this site didn't give a crap about your weight, you wouldn't be here
    She didn't give a crap about what people like YOU think about her. There's a difference.

I'm losing weight to be more healthy and wear Victoria's Secret and ride roller coasters, not because of anyone else. And I mean that. Anyone who judges me for having rolls can suck an egg. I LOVE myself.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I hate that the words get thrown around so cavalier... especially when, hey, if someone legitimately wants to use their body that way (in a consensual manner, without pressure), what's wrong with that?

I'm not saying one way or another whether I think something's wrong with it (too little space to give a good answer) but I will say this -- if one chose to do that, then the noun describing one who does that would apply, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be cavalier in that situation ... it would be apt.

I'm all for prostitution!! *kitten* it out, you guys! For reals. Get great acting parts! I don't care. But I still don't like Megan Fox.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Self acceptance - if you didn't like yourself perfectly as you are overweight/obese or whatever you wouldn't be trying to lose weight b/c you'd be ok with it. I never said anything about what anyone else thinks. Most people are ON THEIR WAY to self acceptance

Or there is a medical reason you came here to lose weight. Some of us are here for our health, not to look better for self important morons.
  • firstsip
    Options

Yeah, but those were two separate statements of mine :P Don't thrown the term around like an insult, and if someone happens to be a prostitute, power to them.

But hey, I said I agreed with you MissKourtney... she's a crap actress ;)