What's your biggest non-scale health/fitness goal?

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    To wear my Little Black Jeans and I did ... for a day, then gained weight. :grumble:

Healthwise, to consistently lower my BP to 119/79 so I can eat cottage cheese again.
  • cdsherer
    Options
    To look sexy in lingerie that is not plus sized.

Girl I know the feeling!!!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Running a ten min mile. I could barely do it in high school and it would knock me flat out for a week. Now I can do AND keep going. I'm so freaking proud of myself and I can only get better from here.
  • ashdred
    ashdred Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    -To compete in a 10K in April (I'm still building endurance, haven't started the running part yet)
    -Having cheaper clothing options
    -To sit down and not see that massive roll sticking beyond my breast :-)
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    To no longer be considered obese.
  • spazzyshorty
    Options
    I'd like to get comfortable with running 4-5 miles several times a week, at 10 minutes per mile-- right now, I'm only running about 2 miles, and at 12 minutes each!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    5K trail run in May (preferably with a 10 min mile), size 10 by my next b-day, and be able to do an overnight hike with a pack next summer...i would also like to be able to successfully complete my gym's hardest class again
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Kzoo Marathon May 2013
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear a dress and not be scared that someone is going to mistake me as a pregasaurus :/
  • drummer_lady
    drummer_lady Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    To do REAL pushups! None of this wussy knee push up business.
    And to run a half marathon.
  • fallingbrick
    Options
    2nd Dan black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I got my 1st Dan 6 weeks ago.

AWESOME!!!!!!! Congratulations to you!!!!!! I just tested for 1st Dan in Tang Soo Do on October 10th. I don't know when I will hear if i passed/get my belt though (based on others, about 2 months). That's fabulous!

Thanx much for the kind words!

I was at M K Kim's Tang Soo Do tournament in Charlotte, NC two weekends ago. I did not compete, but rather worked as a timekeeper, scorekeeper, and holder for breaking. Folks from my school didn't adjust well to reverse punches counting for a score (they don't in TKD) or punches to the face being legal (they are a DQ in most TKD tournaments if they draw blood).

[clenches fists and bows] Tang Soo!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    1) do a 5k in under 30 minutes
    2) complete a 10k
    3) run a half marathon in 2014
    4) possibly do Tough Mudder in 2014
    5) to do more running (as in 4-5 times a week)
    6) anything else will be a reward from working hard!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ilikepandasyay
    ilikepandasyay Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well it WAS to fit into my dresses for my upcoming wedding and today I found out I achieved that goal!

Next goal is to minimize the back cleavage the dresses give me and to tone up my arms! I fit in the dresses but now I want to look FABULOUS in them.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Run a half marathon under 2.5 hours.
  • oburley89
    oburley89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    fit back in to my all time favorite pre-kid pants!
  • oburley89
    oburley89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    oh and to not have to shop in the plus sizes anymore!!!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose enough weight off my belly so that my "fat apron", or panniculus, as it's officially called, which is only a level 1, goes away without surgery. I'm amazed at how much losing 56 lbs has shrunk it already, but surgery for vanity's sake isn't for me, so that's my goal. I promise to share on this site if that happens. I have been scouring the internet trying to find out if it's even possible to make one go away with weight loss and improved muscle tone alone. I can't find anything, so I'll be the guinea pig. :-)

I see some amazing goals. Great question, OP!!
  • b0bstewart
    Options
    I am running a 50k (31miles) in May and have a 50mile run planned for sometime in August to raise money for a home that houses girls rescued out of sex trafficking. As of right now those are my two big non scale goals.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    to get off of blood pressure and cholesterol medication......
  • 00Mia
    00Mia Posts: 9
    Options
    Congratz on the 1st Dan!