Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Facebook ver.2?

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    This a a place to support health, and health spans over a huge range of topics, not just weight / body image. I'm here to support and to get support keeping a health, balanced life. I've met some amazing people on this site. Sometimes there are things that need saying that you can't say to people in your "real" every-day life.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    By the evidence I have seen. This is a trolling thread. Do not bother with it.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    I prefer to have friends that mention personal stuff because it helps me connect to those people better and makes it more meaningful to have them on my list because I actually care about them as a person.

I agree I love all my MFP friends <3 ur just a big grump hehehehehe (only joking) xx
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Dude.

Won't be friending you.

I don't friend people just to watch them lose weight. I friend them because I want to KNOW about them. And that includes their personal life AND their weight loss journey.

isn't that for facebook?

It doesn't have to be either or. What do you think people did BEFORE facebook? They shared their lives on forums.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    You're not a very good friend if you don't give a rip if they're having a mid-life crisis. IMO, they're better off without YOU.
  • btetsola
    btetsola Posts: 40 Member

Nice comeback. What is a Troll anyway?
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    This may sound a bit harsh but I’ve had a few ‘myfitnesspal friends who I’ve ‘unfriended’ because they appear to use the app as a replacement for Facebook!!

I don’t want to know whether you had a hard day at work, or your having a mid life crisis. No, I just need to know how you are doing on the plan. Maybe those things are related but please mention the plan as well!! sigh!!

Then why is it you want friends?

Motivation. Someone to share the journey with. Someone who has good and bad days like me.

And that's where the personal stuff comes in. I have made some really good friends on here because we have shared healthy living and personal information on here.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Oh, also, MFP in itself isn't a "plan" persay. It's a tool that helps you count calories, but the how is up to you. I would say that since it's about a lifestyl enot a diet, isn't everything that happens relavent?
    If I'm stressed out due to work, that's going to effect what I eat later or maybe my weigh in. It's all connected.
  • btetsola
    You're not a very good friend if you don't give a rip if they're having a mid-life crisis. IMO, they're better off without YOU.

Are you saying I'm a horrible person because I wanted a friend to motivate for weight loss purpose only?
  • btetsola
    Oh, also, MFP in itself isn't a "plan" persay. It's a tool that helps you count calories, but the how is up to you. I would say that since it's about a lifestyl enot a diet, isn't everything that happens relavent?
    If I'm stressed out due to work, that's going to effect what I eat later or maybe my weigh in. It's all connected.

hmm...possibly
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    I can talk about weight loss, and the world here... If I talk about losing weight on facebook suddenly I'm "insensitive" to all these lazy f***s who don't want to work out, or I'm 'bragging' because I went for a run, or I'm trying to force my lifestyle on people because I mention a recipe for proscioutto and provolone stuffed turkey breast...

I'm on here more than facebook mostly because I can use this at work. "hey look, the fat kid is on a fitness site... good for him" :smile: but, because people on here typically understand what I'm dealing with more than people on facebook.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Find new friends? I prefer to get to know my friends and not just how they are doing "on plan"... although most of my friends don't really have a plan to be on we just kind of live life. Getting to know my friends means hearing about how their days went, or how sh*tty the weather is or any number of things.

If you don't like that kind of thing unfriend the people and go find like minded people - this site is what you make of it. If its just a tool use it as just a tool, but really having the added benefits of friends on here makes losing weight a little bit more fun.

Maybe I do think of it as a tool. "you will lose up to 3x more with friends" what does that mean?

There have been studys that prove that if your friends are living a similar life style and are supportive, you are more likely to succeed and be healthy. I don't know the exact percentages, but it certainly helps me.

This is certainly true for me. Since being on here I have been more successful with my new healthy lifestyle.
  • penrbrown

Are you saying I'm a horrible person because I wanted a friend to motivate for weight loss purpose only?

Yes. Because you're using the person for your own personal reasons. Outside of their usefulness as a motivation for weight loss you don't care about them. That's a terrible way to treat people.
  • Charlie003

Nice comeback. What is a Troll anyway?

A comeback is a response to an insult. I was not insulted, so therefore there was no comeback. If you do not know what a troll is it says to me you are very young. Now, you have 2 friends, both without profiles. You have no profile. You need better game.
  • penrbrown

PS: There's a word for people like you; User.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
  • Charlie003

Did you spell useless incorrectly again???
  • penrbrown

Did you spell useless incorrectly again???

*sigh* I do that ALL the time. Thanks for catching it and correcting me. :D
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member

They have those. They're called Personal Trainers.
  • Charlie003
    Plus more than half of your posts are on this thread.