What has been / is your biggest food pitfall?

Options

Replies

• TexanThom
    Options
    Chinese Buffets. Go at least once a week, sometimes more.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Right now it's the key lime pie I have in the fridge, but I've been very disciplined about eating one small slice a day.

Big BBQ style lunches - chicken, ribs, green beans drenched in butter, and lots of beer. That's what I miss the most.
    Last time I did one of those - I was paying for it all week, doing an extra 30 min of exercise every day.
    That's how much I love it - I'm willing to do 7 extra workouts for it.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like to binge on cereal but I guess it could be worse. And lately honey roasted almonds so I decided not to buy them again.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    reeses peanut butter cups or anything chocolate.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    ice cream...if i get a pint, i will eat the entire pint to myself in one sitting...

so i dont buy it at the grocery store, EVER!!!!!

if i want icecream i get one of those little Edy's single serve cups and thats it...

i have ZERO self control when it comes to icecream!
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fast food. As a student that commutes and has a job, sometimes it's hard to find quick and healthy foods on the go. I'm still working on finding a good solution. Like today I had to go straight from work to campus for a meeting and drive--thru was my only real option at the time.
  • Lormic98
    Options
    Yes, me too, and of course office birthday cake!! I did resist a cookie yesterday, of which I was very proud.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Chinese food, sushi, cheese, cider, Sunday roast dinners, Friday night curries,crisps, wine, olive bread, polenta... Counting calories has made me much more aware of what I was consuming - I didn't think I was eating badly compared to lots of people I know, but the evidence stacks up once you start on this path. Plus being out of work and short on money has helped, lol
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    Ice cream and mexican food. Both high in calories and fat. But they're so good!!!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hot Tomales candy. Like the box I'm working on as I type this!

So far I haven't figured out how to avoid them. Probably won't try. Gotta treat myself every now & then!

Try the fire balls jaw breaker. They are small, low in calories and take forever to finish.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Swweeeeettttssss!
    :sad:
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Booze, hands down.
    Oh, and cheese. Booze and cheese.
  • joriha92
    joriha92 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cakes and cookies.. I get tired of chips and candy relatively quickly, but man, can I eat cake!! xD
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go into a supermarket which has a bakery section, and they pump the smell of fresh pastries and home-made cookies through the heater at the door so that as soon as you walk into the supermarket, you smell all of the goodies, it makes my mouth water.

This morning I was in the supermarket picking up a bottle of water and a healthy snack, and I had to battle with myself not to buy a big bag of freshly baked huge chewy cookies. I'm usually all in favour of everything in moderation and I allow myself to have naughty things regularly as long as I don't have too much of it. However, these particular cookies are about 350 calories each and you get 5 in a bag; I would honestly put them away in one sitting if you let me, I can't control myself with them. So I couldn't let myself buy them. I actually paced up and down the aisle for about 5 minutes, trying to rationalise to myself why I deserve them, until I just forced myself to walk out of the door!
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Cheese, bread and all things crunchy =) I have recently discovered carrot sticks in order to have the crunch without the calories =) they work for me
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Vanilla creme sandwich cookies, or caramel delites girlscout cookies, or Danish butter cookies, or swiss chocolate, or snack cakes. Cookies, chocolate, & cake.
  • smpgetsfit
    smpgetsfit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything chocolate and plain Lay's potato chips. I can have them in the house &/or be around them at work and be fine. Unless...I eat "one." "One" is the gateway to several and, in the case of the potato chips, the entire bag. I'm incapable of consuming these foods in moderation so I just steer clear completely.
  • benandgillsmom
    benandgillsmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chips and dip! Oh how i miss thee!
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Any kind of noodles or pasta is my weakness. I've started to try to substitute anything I make pasta wise with shirataki noodles, as they have virtually no calories or anything, but satisfy my cravings for noodles. Its a hard transition, because I LOVE LOV E LOVE noodles.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Mine would be Oreo cookies. I absolutely cannot eat one or two. If I eat one, I'll eat the whole bag so I don't ever buy them. I just don't have the will power to have them in the house.