What has been / is your biggest food pitfall?

Options

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    The other day at Applebee's I had a Cowboy burger...That was after an hour at the gym plus a 1.5 mile walk....
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Ice cream
    Chips
    Chocolate
    Bread

All these foods are in my home currently though I only had about five chips today.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING chocolate. Or with peanut butter. Crave these 2 all the time =\
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Alligator is always my most difficult challenge
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxz7JipRHR-ZxGD2v0IaM9cjnBudB8IUj1KA2iVhQwqkAwqLQM
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Candy (fruity is my favorite). Crackers. Chips.
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Pizza, & Cheez-Its.

:(

But, for both, I've just learned to limit myself.
    Like...for pizza, I'll only get a personal pan, or just one giant slice that'll satisfy that craving.
    For Cheez-Its I never buy the box--I always get the vending machine sizes, so I won't overeat them.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    pain au chocolate
    crispy bacon

its a terrible addiction and one I am really trying to contain, but when I go down for breakfast and I get a sniff of bacon, eggs and all those goods turning to the cereal cupboard is almost the hardest thing to do
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Anything and everything after 7 pm....I do good alll day, but the second I settle in for the night I can't say no any longer and will make trip after trip into the kitchen for 'snacks'....blah
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I would have to say pizza and sweets like cake, brownies and cookies. At times, I can pass up desert at the church I babsit for but harder to do it if my husband cooked them. I normally get at least one serving and possible a tiny bit the next day. He eats that up pretty fast so its not a major problem.
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Twizzlers and Sour Gummie Worms are my trigger foods. Once I eat them, I can't stop. It's the two things I absolutely can not buy for myself.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    If I eat out I fall off the band wagon for a long time, especially if I eat too much pizza at once.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. I can eat 6000 calories worth in an evening. I love that stuff so much.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Crisps - especially Tayto, I could eat 12 bags in one sitting! They are my achilles heel, so much so, that I have cut them out from my lifestyle altogether, haven't had a single crisp in nearly 5 months.....and don't miss them one bit :smile:
    Totally off topic here but I friggen' love your ticker!!! That is awesome!!!

LOL Thank you! Loved it myself when i found the pic, thought I had to use it as my ticker!
  • healthywannabe15
    Options
    My biggest food pitfall is any type of carbs. Breads, cakes, cookies, noodles ect. I've been really working on it though!
  • Corjogo
    Corjogo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I wish I had only one. First it was ice cream...and it is again. For whatever reason, right now I am craving hummus..and eating it also. But by far the BIGGEST pitfall is family leftovers! I love to cook and whenever I try something new (and it's not too well accepted) I just can't throw it away - so I generally end up eating it (over a few days).:embarassed:
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    CHEESE.. Yep a whole block of cheese, i would hold it like a candy bar! :huh:
  • CGBUN
    CGBUN Posts: 8
    Options
    office snackies are awfully tough to resist; I find that tracking everything through the day keeps me in line with them. However, I've been at this a month and I'm really getting tired of snacking on fruits and veggies! carrots, radishes, sugar snaps, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, I've been through it all. anyone got any ideas?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Brownies and ice cream used to be my pitfall, but these days, Cereal has been. I can go HAM on a box of cereal,don't matter the kind. Well, except maybe raisin bran...who eats raisin bran anyway?
  • CGBUN
    CGBUN Posts: 8
    Options
    and dang, it doesn't take much pizza at all to blow your calorie count!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Beer & Wine... leads to ..chips.. and cheese.. and then more late night snacking...