My Shameful Secret.

Options

Replies

• TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun p.s. to my umpiring post from earlier today. Because of my NSV, everything on the field seemed brighter, clearer and sharper to me. I was so happy to be out there with my shin guards inside my pants legs. At the start of the game, I took my place behind home plate, pointed at the pitcher, and yelled, "play." Right before the pitcher threw the first pitch, my field umpire yelled, "TIME." I stepped away from the plate and asked him what was wrong. He said, "you might want to put on your mask before he pitches." I was so excited about my NSV that I forgot to put on my mask!
  • tammyj83
    tammyj83 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My daughter played fastpitch softball from age 7 on up through college and beyond, so we spent countless weekends at the ball fields. I have a special place in my heart for the umpires, as well as the coaches--the good ones, that is ;) Takes a special person to be good at either of these jobs and you, sir, are clearly a special person. Congratulations on your exciting NSV and enjoy the season!
  • eswelk123
    Options
    Sniff...sniff...teared me up a little!! Way to go, what an inspiration you are!! Proud of you!! :)
  • Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful success story with us. You sound like a wonderful addition to every game you help create for your players.
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Home run!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nice story
  • ZUMBAMomma84
    Options
    congrats!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awsome! You sound like a great umpire too! You and your league are both big winners!
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your victory! I loved reading your story, it is amazing :]. A good percent of us here on MFP are fighting the weight loss battle as well, and your 70 lb loss is an inspiration. Thank You for sharing!

Wishing you a continuous successful journey, God Bless! <3
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best NSV stories I have read, thank you for sharing.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Aw what a sweet story! So pleased for you :)
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    With a tear in my eye for your great accomplishment may I congratulate you. 70 lbs is awesome and you are well on your way. I am sending you a friend request becuase as a former ball player and now baseball dad I WANT TO SEE YOU AT WILLIAMSPORT. keep up the great work
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    As a fellow umpire I understand you r commintment and how doing those games benefits us more than most of the kids. To do it 17 years given some parents and coaches that is a great milestone and it speaks to your character as a person looking to make sure kids are given a fair shot night in and noght out. I hope you do well and if you are going to Williamsport or any other World Series please let me know. Congrats on your weight loss.
  • seashellmoore
    Options
    That is so wonderful. Thank you for being an inspiration to me!
  • jcaughlin
    jcaughlin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW, thank you for sharing your story. I found it very inspiring :smile:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You are incredibly inspirational and such an eloquent writer, I'm thrilled for you! Play ball!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    So beautifully written. Congratulations on reaching this goal!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring! Thank you for your volunteering in serviceto the kids. I think we absolutely undervalue people like you and this morning I lift my glass(of green smoothie) to you in your honor!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Gave me chills! Great job!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Your story made me tear up a little, in a good way. Keep it up, ump! Exciting, isn't it? :-)

Me too. Way to go, ump. Working with kids can really make a difference for their furture.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!