I am an enormous failure

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Saving... because this touched me so deeply, and because I can relate to these feelings so closely. I am 58 years old and still fighting that emotional battle with food. You are still a young man. You WILL have the wife and family you desire, I just know it. A sincere, loving and appreciative man is hard to find, and you also seem to be a very attractive man. I'm rooting for you. Believe.

:heart: Written from the heart, so beautifully it really touched me!:flowerforyou:
    Not sure how or why this thread got resurrected but maybe Brian (original poster) can post an update on how he's doing. He's one of my MFP friends. He's joined a second gym and is working with a trainer. I think he's logged into MFP over a 100 days in a row! So he's definitely not giving up, and definitely doing some things right!

I really hope he does and so glad you posted, what a great friend you are! I just took a peek to see when he was last active on the boards and it looks like not too long ago.:tongue: That's terrific news, what you've shared:drinker:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes it would be nice to see an update. Ihope he is doing well.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    oops...did not read this was not original
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Options
    Didn't realize this was not recent... this post really touched me. I am glad to hear Brian is doing well and has logged in over 100 days in a row! Awesome awesome awesome.

This was a very honest post and I wish him the very very best!
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    You are not alone and you are not a failure. Use this as motivation. Sometimes you need to get to your lowest in order to really get motivated and do something about it. Sometimes thats when the picture seems at its clearest. I think everyone can relate to you in one way or another. When i dont feel good about myself, its almost as if i let my life pass me by. Days become years and im still not doing anything with my life. I started at the end of January, that i would change my eating habbits and exercise 4-5x a week. Doing this on its own gives me some sort of control of my life, and it feels good. Ive been overweight my whole life and at 18, started drinking alot and gained too much too quick. My life went to a spiraling hault . I went from having friends, best friends, being in a few bands ( i used to be a vocalist!), doing lots of photoshoots for my own personal modeling work, and more.. To not having one single friend i could count on, not modeling, not going out, not in any band, etc. Im still working on this state. But it has gotten better. Ill tell you how from my experience. Also, think of how accessable junkfood is. Even salad at McDonalds is bad for you. Its no wonder why society is so FAT. Stay on the outside at the grocery stores. Stick with lean meats , unlimited vegetables, and little carb ( only whole wheat!). Seriously though, do your research when it comes to food and supplements!

Start doing things that will motivate you! Subscribe to mens health magazine, do research, eat clean ( you can find tons of recipes online, on here etc), find a fitness program that works ( i STRONGLY suggest you visit bodybuilding.com. It has articles, recipes and best of all, a full workout AND food program that is easy to follow!!! This has saved me! And made me understand healthy lifestyles so much better), get a personal trainer, see a nutritionist, do it allllll! Surround yourself with people who are living a fit and healthy life. Or at least share the same goals. ( I even use online as a tool to be inspired, such as tumblr.com , twitter.com, etc they have a massive following for body builders etc) Anything is possible. It is HARD WORK. But the harder you train, the better the outcome. Start living a healthy life the right way.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The thing that jumps out at me about your post is your loneliness. Mfp is a community of sorts, but nothing beats real human interaction. There is no substitute for being able to interact, make a connection with a real live person. Have you thought about Overeaters Anonymous? Maybe being in the company of others who have reached that same place of brokeness you seem to be feeling will give you the strength to start again. You are not a loser. You are not alone. Remember you don't have to fix all the problems at once. You can deal with loose skin, etc down the road. Right now, please take a breath and remember that you have a lot of life ahead of you. You get to be the author of that future.
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I believe you havent given up on yourself and want to change or would be here. :)
    Your next step is therapy. You need one on one counseling.
    I pray you get it before you do give up.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You have a huge amount of people supporting you right here on MFP! Do you have a friend to work out with? That helps to have a workout buddy. Read the message board topics & comments. I have learned so much this week from reading other peoples post & comments about tips for losing weight. As far as being alone...go see friends, go to the gym & meet new people! You can friend me too:smile: Good luck & DONT QUIT!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Not sure how or why this thread got resurrected but maybe Brian (original poster) can post an update on how he's doing. He's one of my MFP friends. He's joined a second gym and is working with a trainer. I think he's logged into MFP over a 100 days in a row! So he's definitely not giving up, and definitely doing some things right!

Thank you! I was hoping for a good update. :-)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    nothing beats real human interaction. There is no substitute for being able to interact, make a connection with a real live person.

This. You need some serious personal intervention by a live human. People on the internet will not be able to provide what you need.
  • cherilea33
    Options
    I hear you. Been over 250 down to 120, back up over 250 and now I'm at 180. The one time I lost the most was when I went to a dietitian. They put me on a diet that I followed until I quit smoking. Then I ballooned back up, not because I quit smoking but because I ate instead of smoking. This time I went back up due to stress. I am trying to follow a clean (raw food) diet, but I struggle. If you are like me you tend to unintentionally sabotage yourself, especially when you slip. I am seeing a counselor and have been put on antidepressants. I am not saying that is your answer, but talking to a professional may help you get back on the right track. Feel free to friend me I will help encourage you if I can. If your here now DON'T GIVE UP! Make you a priority and things will fall into place. You can do it. Anyone who can lose 100 lbs can do anything!
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm not very religious, but this quote always speaks to me, "God gives his hardest battles to his toughest soldiers." You can do this. You accomplished part of it before, you can do it again and you can do better this time.