can you pin point a moment?

Options
where it all went wrong and you started gaining? for me it was when I stopped dancing.. :-(

Replies

• BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    When I became Manager of Domino's Pizza and was consuming 1200+ calories in drinks alone per day at my worst. I'm still drinking some of my calories, but it's gotten alot better.
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have to blame my beautiful babies. I had them close together and never lost the pregnancy weight.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I was 8 and molested by my brother. During school, I could maintain around 145ish, but when PE wasn't available, I just got fatter and fatter.
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    When I was 8 and molested by my brother. During school, I could maintain around 145ish, but when PE wasn't available, I just got fatter and fatter.

did u actually go to PE? I always used the period excuse lol hated it xx
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Vacation... gets me everytime.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I can't pinpoint one moment. I've been overweight since I was little. My mom would try to cook at home, and keep healthy food around. My dad, who thought his diabetis was a joke, and I could follow in his footsteps, fed me candy and sodas and anything else unhealthy as much as he could from the time I was a toddler. So did his mother... and my mom's mother. It quickly became a habit.
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    Vacation... gets me everytime.
    omg me too xx
  • briananoelani
    briananoelani Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When I stopped being a vegetarian in 7th grade after 7 years. I quickly became obsessed with fast-food and burgers because I could finally eat them.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

did u actually go to PE? I always used the period excuse lol hated it xx

I only used the period excuse to get out of taking a shower. Paula Danziger's The Cat Ate My Gymsuit really messed with my body image.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Not really. I have been obese since childhood. Which was horrifying for my parents because my mom was a phys.ed teacher and my dad was an ironman triathlete. I was adopted but they had 2 bio kids who were "normal". They couldnt figure out why I was not thin like them. We all ate the same and I never binged or snuck food. They put me on half portions in first grade. Still didnt really work.
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I would have to say... Grad School, My godfather dying, building a house and midnight shift and a car wreck all happening within 6 months...... it was a recipe for disaster. :(
  • BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    When my thyroid started failing, and I was unaware of any issue at all. I continued eating normal, but normal now makes me gain tons of weight. =[ Getting a retail job working 39 hours a week on my feet didn't help during the same time either
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I gave up smoking,

6 years ago I was 120lbs, I gave up smocking 18th Nov 2006 and in the 6 years since went up to 170lbs.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was when I started dating my boyfriend....for the first time in my life I felt like a man accepted me and loved me the way I was....and he did! That's when my weight dropped down to the bottom of my list of concerns....our favorite thing to do was to eat together.....over a year later, he still loves me just as much but I'm becoming aware of this and doing it for nobody but me!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    honestly can I say when I was born? I was brought up in a family that was morbidly obese. I was not taught the importance of eating the right foods or exercise. Thankfully since having my children I have tried to instill a better way of eating and exercise. I lose sight here and there of how important it is.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    After i graduated university, moved to a new country,got a desk job and started driving everywhere instead of walking. I started eating out of boredom and didn't even notice the weight gain until i got on a scale one day and it said 152. From 118, in about a year an a half...
  • liltenji
    liltenji Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    eurgh too many to point out;

was always a chubby kid, age 13 started starving myself. weight yo-yo'd until i was 20 [wasnt overweight but felt as fat as i am now] and then 2 weeks after starting uni my friend passed away and i was getting bullied by my uni housemates. i stayed in and ate loads [when i used to get sad i'd stop eating].

and here i am, fat and gross.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I started becoming obese after a fatal multiple car accident. I had 2 skull fractures and a fractured femur. I spent 2 1/2 mos. in the hospital in traction. Then I was unable to do anything physical because I lost the range of motion in my right hip and knee. I put on 70 lbs. in a yr. and I was only 12. Since then I packed on the wt. up to 304 before finally taking control.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    When I found out my boyfriend was leaving and we were breaking up. I ate everything. And I told myself I could eat whatever I wanted since I felt like crap, even thought I felt sick constantly from eating too much.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I miscarried. I gained 20lbs in 2 months and then got pregnant again. Gained 30lbs during pregnancy. I was overweight by 15-25 lbs before the miscarriage, due to liquid calories and fast food.