80 bites diet?

Options

Replies

• mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    80 Bites large bites of a Donut Burger.....hmmm Could I actually lose weight this way:noway:
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    mmmm, 80 bites of BACON.....

My mouth watered. Maybe this could be the perfect diet. :love:
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I'd starve on 80 bites a day. Just eating a 300 calorie salad takes me 40 bites or so.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I am eating a small apple with 70 calories in it. It took me 2 bites a slice and there were 12 pieces. So, if 24 bites equals 70 calories, that would put you around 234 calories for 80 bites.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There's this thing called calorie counting. I hear it totally works. People talk about this calorie counting site called MyFitnessPal.

^ I lol'ed. :laugh: :drinker:

Anyways, personally, no...I haven't tried it. Counting bites sounds ridiculous, in my opinion. Not only is it hard to estimate how large or small a bite is, it also doesn't account for the calories in which you consume. To each their own, but I have to agree with the major opinion in this thread.

Good luck, if you are still going to try it. But I do think you should really think about it -- it is a good way to start an ED if you're not careful. MFP is a great way to lose the weight, because it makes you take your actual food into consideration instead of saying, "Hey, you still have 40 bites today...!" and you use it all on food you wouldn't even know is crappy. Not only that, but it also helps you keep your body strong by ensuring that you still get all the calories you need to function.

Again, good luck. :smile:
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    LOL @ the crazy ideas some people come up with. I have digestive issues and I have to eat slow and eat very small bites. I would starve if I could only have 80 bites all day. I think I will stick with eating a balanced diet and exercising.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OP (ellen0rose) don't take the responses personally. It isn't you, it's the ridiculous idea that an 80 bite diet is in any way a substitute for a healthy meal plan. Just let it go. This is just what happens when any weird "diet" pops onto these boards.

^ agreed.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i don't consider it a fad diet, as it doesn't tell you what you can or cannot eat.
    Lol you should probably learn the definition of "fad diet" then.
  • JessieTangerine
    JessieTangerine Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Have you tried pinpointing the reasons why you overeat? Like do you tend to mindlessly eat while watching tv? If so maybe you should only eat at a kitchen table with the tv turned off. There are many solutions to overeating, but this does not sound like one of them. If it was me, Id be too busy counting bites to determine if I am still hungry or if im just eating. In short this diet sounds distracting and too variable (ex. a bite of bread is much bigger than a bite of soup).
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Seriously?

Counting 80 bites for the rest of your life is a lifestyle change?

Come on now.

That concept makes no sense.

It's simple. Portion control. Have a calorie deficit when you want to lost and eat maintenance when you're done. You don't need to go on Atkins or do any of these fads or count your bites.

Just train yourself to start eating better and it will be something you can sustain for life. Counting bites is completely unsustainable. Like what would have for every 10 calories you burn you earn another bite? lol It just doesn't work
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    So....are you going to try this? Let us know how it goes.
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    i'd like to try this diet! i'm going to go and look for the app now :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it... I'm not really into scammy BS diet tricks. I can't believe it's something people actually take seriously, to be honest.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I just had a pack of crisps (chips to you overseas folks! :tongue: ) and there were 25 in there, so 3 bags of those at 75ish bites would be 285 cals.....
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    if you were searching the internet for an effective diet plan, you should've called it quits when you got here. no short cuts. do it right, learn how to live healthfully, and everything will fall into place. there is no fast lane that you're overlooking. count your intake, make it less than your output, and you will lose weight. mfp has staying power - you can't count 80 bites a day for the rest of your life, that is nonsense. you can, however learn to eat properly, achieve your goals, and use what you've learned to keep it that way. don't rush greatness.
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    i don't consider it a fad diet, as it doesn't tell you what you can or cannot eat.
    Lol you should probably learn the definition of "fad diet" then.

I am in bed sick so I decided to do a little research on this diet.

1. It is on a number of different fad diet lists.
    2. Everything I read (even sites promoting this diet) stressed that you make sure to take a good muti vitamin while on this diet.
    3. I found a similar diet called the chewing diet. The concept is to chew each bite of food 32-60 times(until the food is liquified) then spit out what is left in your mouth. If the 80 bites diet doesn't work you can try this one.

80 bites diet is a simple concept and I am sure people lose weight by doing it but it doesn't sound like a long term plan. Losing weight is a battle but you have be able to maintain the loss to win the war.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    there was a woman that posted a "20 bites a day" forum post and said she had lost a bunch of weight on it (in my opinion starving herself), trying to preach it to others. her post was locked/deleted and she either deleted herself from MFP, or she was removed from MFP...

And five months previously, she had posted a thread about the no-s diet. Something about no snacking no something and not something else. She was sure it was gonna lose her a ton a weight. Five months later, she was in the same place, and was starting a new fad diet.

I'd just suggest that that might be instructive of the value of fad diets and recommend that you log food and do it the MFP way.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    id choke to death. i eat waaaaaay too much to compress into 80. id desperately try to cram whole cinnamon buns in my mouth.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    It's a fad diet because it is not helping you learn positive new behaviors, doesn't address the reason for the struggle with weight loss, there is no nutritional education - you can eat junk in 80 bites, it is not sustainable, and there is no exercise plan or encouragement of daily physical exercise.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh my this nonsense again?! Why not just eat healthy and exercise?