Free Rant Zone

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    MIL says, "Don't wear your shoes in the house." She enjoys stamping about in 2" heels.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    So this "The right hand does the cutting, the left the shoveling. " applies whether right or left handed?

Yes it does.

I am naturally left handed (although I right with my right due to my catholic education) and I adhere to the rules.

Obviously if you are eating something that does not need a knife, you are free to move the fork to whichever hand you feel comfortable with....
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My boss owns some powerful software for our computers, yet we still use (paper) rolodex cards for most day-to-day operations. I feel like I'm drowning in paper. I mean, the overtime is sure nice on the paycheck and all, but when it takes me 10 minutes to accomplish a task that a computer can do in a nanosecond, it is really frustrating.

Access is not just a fancy/expensive spreadsheet program! Grrrr...
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    So this "The right hand does the cutting, the left the shoveling. " applies whether right or left handed?

Yes it does.

I am naturally left handed (although I right with my right due to my catholic education) and I adhere to the rules.

Obviously if you are eating something that does not need a knife, you are free to move the fork to whichever hand you feel comfortable with....

i disagree, left hand uses the knife... right uses the fork...

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a rant before, but now I do: people who notice and judge me based on which hand is holding my knife! :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I hate when people ask for advice, then decide to do the complete opposite of your advice.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    All the young super buff guys on the Ab parade here who post on every topic and think they know everything and think that middle aged women should do exactly what they do with that "duh" attitude and smugness. They can be real *kitten* and some of us are not aiming to look like them we just want to lose weight and feel fit. And at 44 I cannot eat the 2000 calories you eat and still lose weight! Whew!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    socks inside socks inside out.....

use one glass only....don't keep giving me more dishes to do

DO NOT LEAVE ONE DROP LEFT IN THE PITCHER or milk container.....drink it already!

the glass thing irks me soo much. and the one drop in the pitcher I totally agree

What do you do when you fill your glass to the top or your cereal bowl to the brim and there's still 1/2 cup left in the jug? I don't want 1.5 glasses of milk or two bowls of cereal. I'm stumped with this conundrum!!
  • People that assumed ALL big dogs are vicious!
    I had a Rotti x that was as soft as butter - unles you threaten me.
    I have a border colie that will eat you just for looking at him.

And people that assume that we had our dog docked!
    No we didn't - it's illegal in this country - but if you knew anything about dogs - which you clearly don't - you would know that Australian Shepherd can have a natural bob tail!
    She wasn't born with a tail so get over it!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    refill the toilet paper roll so the next sheet comes OVER THE TOP!!!

I'm always amused how much that affects people. I can never remember whether my wife is an "over" or "under" person.

So I just do whatever I feel like--I figure that gives me a 50/50 chance of pissing her off. :devil:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I hate when people ask for advice, then decide to do the complete opposite of your advice.

I don't mind that they do the opposite--because, let's face it, your advice may suck.

It's the ones who ask your opinion and then get upset when you don't agree with them.
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I find it disgusting that only 20-30% of the men at my school wash their hands after using the restroom... This may not be surprising for some of you, but it is a medical trade school. Cleanliness and sterility is talked about on a daily basis. Some people....
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I hate it when my kids ask really complicated questions that involve a really long and historical answer, but they just want the really fast 5 second version, and there's just no way to do it like that. It's frustrating. So, I usually answer it with another question, like, "why do you think that?" LOL
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Options
    I hate girls who act like complete and utter b*tches to really lovely guys, making them lose faith in nice girls so that they are such hard work for the next girls they feel something for. PUT DOWN YOUR BARRIERS, I'M NOT A PSYCHO! :( Probs over thinking it - shock from me. Boys hurt my brain.
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out good new book to read

I need to go get protein powder but I'm sick and don't feel like moving

I'm really hungry but ^^^

People on COD keep whoopin my butt because I just started the new game

I'm cold and hot at the same time (damn being sick)

I don't want to be sick anymore

Haha man I sound like a whiny little *kitten*
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    People who let their dogs off leash...especially when they see no problem with said dog running up to greet my dog. My dog doesn't like your dog..next time I may let her show you how much. :bigsmile:
    I so hate this. I have a dog that is not nice all the time. If you're stupid enough to let your dog loose then I will not feel bad if my dog gets mean. She really is a sweetie, but she is protective too.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I know my eyes are freaking blue. They've been that way my whole life! Could you please tell me I am pretty or have a rockin bod? I am so tired of being stared at or asked if they are real.

I was lifting today at the guy and this guy comes and stares at me. I say "can I help you". He replies "I've never seen eyes as blue as your". UGH!!! Shoot me!
  • UghGrr
    Options
    I'm over people asking for my help then changing their minds. You either want it or you don't, my time is just as precious to me as yours is to you, so if I've cancelled everything else for the day to cater to your whim please at least show some respect.

I hate it when people don't indicate.

I hate that my "friend" is getting fatter by the day because she does nothing to help her health, then gets on my case about how "lucky" I am because I'm losing weight. Just wishing you were skinnier isn't going to work.

I got so angry when you said my hair looked crap in front of everyone. You suck dear Mother. I'm even angrier with myself for caring about what you thought.

grrrrrr.
  • UghGrr
    Options
    People who let their dogs off leash...especially when they see no problem with said dog running up to greet my dog. My dog doesn't like your dog..next time I may let her show you how much. :bigsmile:
    I so hate this. I have a dog that is not nice all the time. If you're stupid enough to let your dog loose then I will not feel bad if my dog gets mean. She really is a sweetie, but she is protective too.

Oh this too. I'd bite a random stranger who came rushing up to me too.

I put a muzzle on my dog whenever I take her walking, not just because she is a slightly nervous dog and likely to nip other dogs, but because I hope it acts like a warning to other dog owners, unfortunately it doesn't always.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

YES YES !!!! I have 3 dogs and it makes me SO MAD when people walk their dog off leash and are so oblivious & ignorant that not every dog likes others dogs, and also some people may feel nervous around dogs. Put your damn dog on a leash ( which is the law here unless you are in an off leash park) and pull your head out of your azz!