Anyone 200lbs or over try the 30 day shred?

Options
1235»

Replies

• NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    The first time I tried it I was 246 lbs and I was out of breath by the time the warm up started, it took me an hour to finish the whole thing with lots of breaks in between.

It was really hard to start with but it got better the more weight I lost, last time I did it I weighed 202lbs and I could do it all the way through without stopping and it felt a lot easier.
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting the 30DS with my girlfriend over Christmas ^_^ Lol, I know - perfect timing, right? But it's because I'm going to be visiting her overseas (Winter!) and won't have access to any gym >.< I'll be there for 3 weeks - so it seems to fit perfectly with the 30DS and I'll complete it when I'm back :)

I'm at about 171lbs now, and ... well, don't know her weight ^_^

My girlfriend and I did it the same time of the day but in different countries, it was really good because I didn't want to let her down by not doing it. We did it for 13 days straight but then I went to work at a school camp and couldn't keep it up, we both noticed positive changes in our bodies just from doing the 30DS for that short time.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Okay so all the encouragement here motivated me to start 30DS last night. I got 3/4 of the way thru level one but really struggle with getting on and off the floor in between sets. My knees were screaming!! I can do just about all the movements, modifying the jumping jacks and jump rope slightly. Will go at it again tonight!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS as one of my first DVD's back when I was 255 lbs. You can do it. I couldn't do all the reps the first time, but by the end of the second week I had it down and it was great for me. Led me to bigger and better things.
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well I am hoping to start this today, last night I could not do it because I discovered my son broke my DVD player. Had to go into storage to get my old one. So hopefully I can get through this. :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I was over 200 when I did 30ds, and I know I did No More Trouble Zones a lot when I was over 200 lbs. gl!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I was close to 300 lbs when I started the 30DS. I'm on Level 2, down 33 pounds and 2 clothing sizes now. I'm loving the results.

(Here is a thread with pics: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/791510-30ds-level-2-results)

I'm spending longer than 10 days on each level, just because I am pretty dang unfit. I say go for it. It's a challenging work-out, but definitely worth it!
  • SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am putting the DVD in now, wish me luck!! :D
  • Anticipated_Serendipity
    Options
    For those of you who don't have an HRM and want to know how to calculate calories burned this is the formula from Jillian Michaels website.

503x(your weight) = ?/154 = ?/3= calories burned per 20mins.

Just note its not 100% accurate and an HRM is good to have to know exactly.
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm over 200 and ordering mine tonight!
  • rrumbolt
    rrumbolt Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    im a type two diabetic. i am so looking forward to getting of the meds. you just inspired me a whole new bunch. ( so there is hope)
  • sboling79
    sboling79 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started at 207.8 and it is killer but it does work. I'm down 10 lbs and definitely feel more toned (ESPECIALLY arms) and just overall better. I finished Day 18 today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!