really built and buff men.

Options
124»

Replies

• rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am neither skinny fat nor do I have a gross body. I'm just saying that some of us do not have a goal of being super muscular, we just want to be fit and healthy and thin. Why is your way the only way to embrace? Sometimes when people ask for advice it isn't "how can I look like Popeye?"

That's just your perception and your opinion. Someone else could think totally opposite about your body.

Can't imagine why people think your a**holes.

And she's lost 26 pounds so she probably knows what she's doing too. I go to the gym but I'm not a gym rat--really, I don't want to be one. I'm too busy just trying to work and take care of my house, farm, etc. Plus it's boring. It's convenient to go there and work out. Sometimes there's cute guys there---are they rude? Of course. The workout, the gym, their looks, all thses trivial things are their lives and where they have invested all of their feeling of self worth. When they see that there are people who don't really invest there or care about looking loke "popeye" or what ever, I suppose it's belittling what they place so much ego into.

Lolz. Losing 26 pounds is not exactly unique around here and the thing that some folks have learned from some other peeps on here who are very knowledgeable about weight loss, some of who are lean and have ab pics, is that doing something one way is not necessarily the easiest way, or even the most effective way.

It seems like you are saying all cute guys are rude.....would hate to go to your gym. I would also hate to be so small minded to have the attitude that everyone that likes to take care of themselves in the way that matched their goals has to be rude and have all their self worth invested in their looks.

I would also hate to be someone who assumed that people who went to the gym to meet their goals looked like popeye. I try not to let my own insecurities and misaligned perceptions of others get in the way of my goals.

Hmmmmm... didn't mean to stir up a bunch of s***. Although that is excessively diverting! No, I just wanted to defend the person who lost 26 pounds because it seemed like she was getting attacked by all the really cute buff guys. And yeah, I'm not overly fond of my gym ---but it's real close to my house--and there are a lot of really super cute buff guys there who are fun to watch--but I'd be much too insecure about my own lack of physical beauty to ever talk to one--so maybe I will try and see if I'm just thinking they would reject me! I'll let you know what happens! Oh, did I mention that I'm 72? But age is irrelevant to all the kind gentle strangers in the gym, right? And I'm not small minded really, just making an observation about people who are overly concerned about their looks. Of course, it's really all about "health," right?
    Oops! Sorry! I got my age wrong! Still pretty old though.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Hmmmmm... didn't mean to stir up a bunch of s***. Although that is excessively diverting! No, I just wanted to defend the person who lost 26 pounds because it seemed like she was getting attacked by all the really cute buff guys. And yeah, I'm not overly fond of my gym ---but it's real close to my house--and there are a lot of really super cute buff guys there who are fun to watch--but I'd be much too insecure about my own lack of physical beauty to ever talk to one--so maybe I will try and see if I'm just thinking they would reject me! I'll let you know what happens! Oh, did I mention that I'm 72? But age is irrelevant to all the kind gentle strangers in the gym, right? And I'm not small minded really, just making an observation about people who are overly concerned about their looks. Of course, it's really all about "health," right?

It sounds like you could use some therapy to get a handle on those personal issues.

You should go to my gym. I go to a ymca and all the guys are over 60 it seems.
  • rosesigil
    Options
    That would be perfect for me! All the ones at my ym ae about 21-35. Nice to look at, but..... anyway, no I'm fine.....hard to make this life style change tho--sorry to take it out on all the buff guys I'm probably just jealous!
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Buff men are icky :(
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you look sooo "icky"..you must have a horrible personality too with all that muscle..:laugh:
  • spiritcrusher
    Options
    Yeah...you look sooo "icky"..you must have a horrible personality too with all that muscle..:laugh:
    I do.

We should make out though.
  • iulia_maddie
    Options
    I do.

I don't know..what if the "Popeye look" is contagious? I am a girl, i don't want to bulk up and look all manly..haha
  • spiritcrusher
    Options
    I do.

I don't know..what if the "Popeye look" is contagious? I am a girl, i don't want to bulk up and look all manly..haha
    Don't worry. It's contagious but it only reacts to spinach.
  • iulia_maddie
    Options
    I do.

Well then.. you're my new online make-out partner. Congratz
  • spiritcrusher
    Options
    I do.

Well then.. you're my new online make-out partner. Congratz
    Cha-ching
  • Minnesota_Nice
    Minnesota_Nice Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    **** this is a dumb thread. Does it really matter? Just eat, lift, repeat. Not hard.
    [/quote]

Bam *****es...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I am neither skinny fat nor do I have a gross body. I'm just saying that some of us do not have a goal of being super muscular, we just want to be fit and healthy and thin. Why is your way the only way to embrace? Sometimes when people ask for advice it isn't "how can I look like Popeye?"

That's just your perception and your opinion. Someone else could think totally opposite about your body.

Can't imagine why people think your a**holes.

And she's lost 26 pounds so she probably knows what she's doing too. I go to the gym but I'm not a gym rat--really, I don't want to be one. I'm too busy just trying to work and take care of my house, farm, etc. Plus it's boring. It's convenient to go there and work out. Sometimes there's cute guys there---are they rude? Of course. The workout, the gym, their looks, all thses trivial things are their lives and where they have invested all of their feeling of self worth. When they see that there are people who don't really invest there or care about looking loke "popeye" or what ever, I suppose it's belittling what they place so much ego into.

Lolz. Losing 26 pounds is not exactly unique around here and the thing that some folks have learned from some other peeps on here who are very knowledgeable about weight loss, some of who are lean and have ab pics, is that doing something one way is not necessarily the easiest way, or even the most effective way.

It seems like you are saying all cute guys are rude.....would hate to go to your gym. I would also hate to be so small minded to have the attitude that everyone that likes to take care of themselves in the way that matched their goals has to be rude and have all their self worth invested in their looks.

I would also hate to be someone who assumed that people who went to the gym to meet their goals looked like popeye. I try not to let my own insecurities and misaligned perceptions of others get in the way of my goals.

Oops! Sorry! I got my age wrong! Still pretty old though.

If you do not want to stir up a bunch of *kitten* then do not make insulting generalizations. Not sure what you mean by excessively diverting - diverting what may I ask - I stayed on point and addressed your rude over generalizations of buff guys.

Where exactly was the person who lost 26 pounds getting attacked by 'all the really cute buff guys'? A couple of people responded after she was insulting. I am not sure why you felt you needed to defend her when she threw the first insult, and also you decided to defend her by insulting people as well. It seems as through you are deflecting your own personal insecurities.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    im really confused on what happened in this thread.... i thought about bunch of hot built men were gonna post :sad:

I came looking for some pre-sleep eye candy too!!! :sad:

But I will say I agree with the OP. Because of others support, insight and advice on MFP I'm not starving myself, I can run for pretty decent periods, I love HIIT, oh, yeah, and I pick up really heavy stuff all the time and I DON'T LOOK LIKE POPEYE! :happy:

So how did this thread go from: (1) tease - (2) appreciation for those who help others with sound advice - (3) bash the "gym rats" ???:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

whoops - I don't do typos :)
  • rosesigil
    Options
    seems like i struck a nerve with you, sakura. Sorry--really. It's Ok--I was not being serious, OK? Let it go, man. I'm actually a gym fanatic--but i really did want to defend that girl who lost 26 pounds because it seemed like she was being attacked---and I felt that really cute buff guys would be the best group to pick on because they have the confidence to take it. Like a Marine---like my husband, who is a really really cute buff guy----old though...lol!:love:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxtr1eUNYG1qedb29o1_r4_500.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    seems like i struck a nerve with you, sakura. Sorry--really. It's Ok--I was not being serious, OK? Let it go, man. I'm actually a gym fanatic--but i really did want to defend that girl who lost 26 pounds because it seemed like she was being attacked---and I felt that really cute buff guys would be the best group to pick on because they have the confidence to take it. Like a Marine---like my husband, who is a really really cute buff guy----old though...lol!:love:

Lolz - let it go man?? And nice bit of back peddling - you seemed pretty serious in your posts. You could have defended her without being rude - simple as that.

You were rude, and refuse to accept it.

You let it go, bro!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So...... No eye candy in this thread?....
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I want to be a buff guy,

and I don't understand the Popeye reference.

Also to note, I like spinach.

You ugh *ahem* seem to be heading in that direction quite nicely :blushing:
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own goals. I don't see why people put down others because of their goal

Built/buff men get raged on ALL the time. They put a lot of work into their body and health and just get *kitten* for it. The buff guys I have met at my gym have been nothing but nice to me. If I need a spot or form check they are completely okay with coming to help me out quick. I have never had ANY of them be rude to me at all.

Keep up the hard work guys! I admire you :D

Same here. I currently belong to two different gyms (transition) and in both locations the buff guys have been nothing but nice and helpful. Sure there are egomaniacs (from all walks of life just like everywhere else), but those people are usually too self-absorbed to even acknowledge your presence and, shocker, they're not always buff OR dudes.
  • grrlgeek
    grrlgeek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxtr1eUNYG1qedb29o1_r4_500.gif

how many others now have the theme to Mighty Mouse stuck in their head? thankyouverymuch

on topic, this thread is nothing like I hoped it would be when I clicked on the topic.

what is bro science? (best answered with photos of (preferably shirtless) bros discussing aforementioned science.)