Losing Weight To Get Pregnant!

Options

Replies

• mariawilliamsme
    Options
    Weight can be a predisposing factor why a woman can't get pregnant. If you want to get pregnant the easy way you've got to put an effort on it like seeking advice from an OB and loosing weight. You can lose weight through engaging more in physical activities and counting calories on food consumption.
  • Slacevedo85
    Options
    Hey ladies! My husband and I have decided to expand our family- we have an 8 year old girl now. But I need to lose about 40-50 lbs before conceiving so that I can have a safe and healthy pregnancy. I was happy to find this group!!
  • Misery03
    Misery03 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • sunrisesarahnade
    Options
    AHH, I thought I was the only one! I'm very recently married and while my husband and I don't have any immediate plans to get pregnant, I want to be healthy when we are ready. My sister just recently had a baby, and she had a very difficult pregnancy and I really do think that many of her problems were caused by weight.

Plus, obesity run rampant in my family and many of the women have gained a lot of weight after having kids, so I really do not want that to happen to me.

Hopefully, we'll all reach our health and family goals!
  • LJTetz
    LJTetz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    My husband and I are going to start trying in about 3-4 months and I would like to lose about 30 lbs by then. I recently lost 50 lbs and have gained 23 lbs of it back :( It has been a very stressful time lately so I am trying to get back on track. I also found out that I have a lot of food allergies and possible hypothyroidism.

I am also reading a book called "Get Ready to Get Pregnant: How to make a smart and healthy baby" by Dr. Michael Lu, which I would totally recommend to everyone.

Let's keep this group going!
  • tamika2004
    tamika2004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey, I would like to join this group. I would like to get pregnant, but I need to lose some weight. I have PCOS- Polycystic ovarian syndrome. I had my mirena taken out in sept 2010. Tried for 3 years with no results. Doctors all say the same thing. I bet it will happen if you loss weight. In Sept 2012, I had an ectopic pregnancy, so NOW I have PCOS and only 1 fallopian tube. I have both ovaries though. I still believe that it can happen without having to go through a RE, but I need to loss weight even before they will give me any options. My current weight goal is 137. I have 75 pounds to loss and Im ready to begin this journey, not just to have another baby, but to be here and healthy for my 6 year old son.
  • kkravec03
    Options
    My husband and I would like to start a family soon, probably start trying in the next couple months. I'd like to loose 10-20lbs by then, but the more the better and could use some support! Please add me to this community.
  • mastrangelog
    Options
    Hi there I'm new to the myfitnesspal community,
    My main goal to join is to lose weight so I can have baby #2! Got about 30-40 to go...
    How do I make one of those goal charts?
    Thanks! :-)
  • SorchaRose91
    SorchaRose91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My fiance and I decided to start trying for a baby recently and I feel it best all around for me to lose weight beforehand, although we will still be trying whilst in the process. I had lost 100 pound previously but gained back 70 after too many dinners out and takeaways with the other half, and just generally getting too comfortable. I also quit smoking nearly 2 years ago so I think this was a big factor in gaining back the weight I had lost.

I now feel it is time to take back control and be the healthiest me possible for me and any future me's (fingers crossed).

If any ladies are in the same boat and would like support, I'd like a bit of motivation too, so feel free to add me :)
  • HopefulKali
    Options
    I have been married a year and a half and my husband and I would like to try to have a baby. With my parents pushing the idea and his mother health failing it is something that has become a center focus. I know i need to really start losing some weight and getting healthy.

I want the cute maternity photos and to be able to look decent throughout my pregnancy.
    I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and finding it realllllyyyy hard to lose weight now.

Its a sigh of relief to know that other people have the same problems as I do and same goals.

Add me ;D I would love to have cheerleaders and I would love to help motivate others
  • dw8178
    dw8178 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gosh, its nice to hear that there are people like me out there. I needed to see that there are others with similar goals.
    I would love to have a community of those like me, so that we can cheer each other on.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]53225560.png[/url] Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mslizzy143
    mslizzy143 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so happy that I am not alone. I would love to lose 30lbs before we conceive. I really hope that the baby will be the motivation I need.
  • Longtobelean
    Longtobelean Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. Anyone feel free to add me. Even though I haven't started trying to conceive, I want to be at a healthy weight when I do. I've got a good at least 80lbs to lose. I am very scared of not being able to have a healthy pregnancy. I have not been diagnosed with anything but I know that extra weight will cause issues. A family member of my husband once told me that she hopes I never have a baby and because of her words, all I think about is miscarriages, gestational diabetes or many of the other things that would restrict me from having a healthy pregnancy. I need to lose this weight so that when I do start trying, I will be at my healthiest.

I haven't gone any further than this yet, but I have to say that is horrible! I hope you slapped her. I don't think that it is acceptable for her to say that to anyone! If you care enough about a baby that isn't here to try and get healthy, then you have the beginnings of being a great mom. That wasn't her place to judge! Ugh, that makes me so angry for you.
  • blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! Hubby and I are currently TTC, but I know that being overweight doesn't help our chances. So I'm working on eating healthy, exercising, and losing weight so that I can have a healthy pregnancy when we do get blessed with a little one. Feel free to add me :) It's so nice to have others who understand what I'm going through.
  • jessicagida
    jessicagida Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Jessica. My husband and I are thinking of ttc. But we both agree that I need to get down to a healthy weight so we have the healthiest baby. I am currently 68 lbs away from my goal weight and have been stuck for months now. I have lost a total of 33 lbs over the last year and just got 68 more to go. I was working out steady and down 40 lbs but 7 lbs came back when I got sick.
  • dannijadex
    Options
    Me and my partner have been trying to conceive since July 2013, still nothing yet I have been late a couple of times getting my hopes up but nothing. I am overweight and have quite a high bmi, possibly have PCOS as well so I need to lose weight not only to look good and feel better but to be able to start a family! Any tips?
  • Jazel28
    Jazel28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Its wonderful to meet a bunch of women on the same life journey as myself. I just turned 30 yrs old and I have quite a bit of weight to lose before i feel it will be a good idea to start trying to have a baby. I started out at 280 and am currently 261 so i have lost 19 pounds so far. Its not a ton but the weight is coming off and I am so excited to see the new person i am becoming. I look forward to short term goals this month i will be back in the 250's which is fine and each month after a new short term goal to eventually = a long term life style change dramatic change. I love this app and use it everyday feel free to add me and good luck on your goals whether it be to become a mother or just to lose that extra weight for your health :)
  • curvaceousvixen
    curvaceousvixen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Every one, I am in the same boat here. I am currently 260 and need to loos some weight before me and the hubby start trying again this summer. Here we go ;) Feel free to add me. I love friends ;)
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many of us here for the same reason! I'm trying to get in better shape for pregnancy also. I had my first child when I was young & healthy. I will be starting all over again because my only child is now an adult. I have PCOS and one fallopian tube as well. I had an ovarian drilling in 2005 to remove the hardened areas to allow the eggs to release. I'm about to begin my first trial of Clomid as soon as we get married. If no luck, we'll adopt, but I would still like to be in better shape to keep up with my little one(s) either way. I don't have much weight to lose, it's a matter of getting stronger and increasing endurance, and of course keeping blood sugar levels healthy. Good luck, ladies!
  • sandtisch
    sandtisch Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Same over here. :) Plan to shed about 25 pounds until summer, maybe earlier, to increase my fertility. Started on my own last year and made it up to ten pounds lost, but then let go my healthier rountine because of a job change. :/
    Now I enrolled in a program and hope to gain more accountability.