Walking Dead................spoilers inside.

Options
124»

Replies

• HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Michonne, I don't know why, and I know I'm not with the majority on that one. But she just absolutely gets on my nerves. I was glad when she left. I don't care if the Gov is crazy, she had no right to go snooping through his things with that evil *kitten* look on her face all the time.

I am with you on this one; I cannot stand Michonne. She walks around with a nasty look on her face and is hell bent on getting out of there. Ok, I get it, you want to go slaughter Walkers, but why leave a safe haven? I actually like the idea of having the small village upstart - I just get the strange feeling something bad will happen there instead of them being a thriving community. Bleh. I need to read the comics, I can't wait episode to episode for this information! LOL

:drinker:
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Michonne, I don't know why, and I know I'm not with the majority on that one. But she just absolutely gets on my nerves. I was glad when she left. I don't care if the Gov is crazy, she had no right to go snooping through his things with that evil *kitten* look on her face all the time.

I am with you on this one; I cannot stand Michonne. She walks around with a nasty look on her face and is hell bent on getting out of there. Ok, I get it, you want to go slaughter Walkers, but why leave a safe haven? I actually like the idea of having the small village upstart - I just get the strange feeling something bad will happen there instead of them being a thriving community. Bleh. I need to read the comics, I can't wait episode to episode for this information! LOL

I'm SO glad I'm not alone!! So maybe Governor is modeled after some crazed cult leader. It's a nice safe place. And he wants to be a successful leader, so you are going to be safe there!! I think it's a good thing. Until they find Rick and them and kill everyone.... :smile:
  • HMD7703
    Options

I'm SO glad I'm not alone!! So maybe Governor is modeled after some crazed cult leader. It's a nice safe place. And he wants to be a successful leader, so you are going to be safe there!! I think it's a good thing. Until they find Rick and them and kill everyone.... :smile:

Was that the Gov's daughter (he was brushing her hair)?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    And i've said this before and ill say it again. A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. What happens when they cant find any more formula? Better hope they find a costco

Wow. I didn't think about that. That's just twisted.

When Daryl and Maggie found the daycare, was anyone else thinking that they'd have to fight off a horde of pre-school zombies to get out of there? Or at least they'd encounter a baby infant zombie? and all they got was a possum. Total ripoff.

lol at the zombie toddler thing. Thats exactly what i was thinking about. And why does everyone thing this is "twisted"? Its nature or this kid dies.

Before there was "formula," there was a person called a "wet nurse." It used to be a common thing for women to assist one another with nursing babies. Yes, it's nature. There's nothing "twisted" about it.

Let me expand/revise my previous statement: I think it's kinda twisted because it's weird to imagine someone else nursing a child besides the child's mom. It has that that the "Hand That Rocks the Cradle" vibe. When my child went to infant care, we always made sure that it was mama's milk that was clearly labeled to avoid cross-mom contamination. So to me, it's weird and bends my mind a little, like all ideas/revelations that are new to me. But you are right. Twisted is too strong of a word.

"Cross-mom contamination" is hilarious. :laugh: :laugh:

Milk is milk. They all have the same nutrients. And to think, moms used to "cross-contaminate" before there were bottles and sanitizers. :laugh: I wouldn't get too concerned. Before you know it, your kid will be sharing sodas with their friends at which time the real "contamination" begins. :laugh:

That was also before there were crackheads. You want your baby drinking milk from a possible crackhead mom's breast?

I don't think the survivors have to worry about crackheads, just zombies and a-holes like the Governor. :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I don't think Carol is dead, I think Darryl will probably go looking for her and find her or something like that

I agree. I think Daryl will find Carol.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

A safe haven? I don't think that's the proper way to describe the Governor's compound.

:noway:

I think that the fact that Michonne has figured out that it's *NOT* a "thriving community" is reason enough to like her. She is a lot smarter than Andrea. Andrea *wants* things to be normal, so she is imagining that they are, thus putting her guard down. But the Governor is an evil man, and selfish. He committed murder just to keep his "community" in fear and awe of him.
  • RavenBeauty87
    RavenBeauty87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm confused too about Carol..... My husband and I were argueing and I was like "I didn't see her get bit or die" he said she did but I missed it. As for Rick I don't know what to think about it! He pretty much had a nerves break down. The loss of his wife, knowing his son had to shoot her, she died for a baby that he doesn't even know if it really is his. Yeah, he was totally irresponsible for leaving the group and fighting zombies on his own however I really can't blame him. I feel so sorry for Carl and I'm sorry but how the hell are they going to survive with a freakin' newborn. My daughter would have us killed because she cries when she is bored. The Gov freaks me out, even though that place would be awesome to find, but still he looks like he is about to snap. Michonne (I thought her name was michelle haha I have bad hearing) she did get on my nerves. At first I liked her for her badass fighting but she needed to look more relaxed. WIth that look everyone knew she was up to something. and OMG who is freakin' excited for the next episode WHO IS ON THE PHONE!!!!!???!!!!!! It better not be him going crazy and the phone never actually rang.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Yeah, totally not saying he is a good guy. And I don't think Michonne is smarter than Andrea. I just think Andrea WANTS to believe that things will be good there. Michonne is perfectly happy to be unhappy, and looks for a reason not to be. You can't live your entire life, especially during a zombie apocalypse, not trusting anyone ever!!

And yes, that was Penny, his little girl.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    And he is crazy, the phone isn't real. That's how it is in the comics anyway!!
  • HMD7703
    Options

A safe haven? I don't think that's the proper way to describe the Governor's compound.

I think that the fact that Michonne has figured out that it's *NOT* a "thriving community" is reason enough to like her. She is a lot smarter than Andrea. Andrea *wants* things to be normal, so she is imagining that they are, thus putting her guard down. But the Governor is an evil man, and selfish. He committed murder just to keep his "community" in fear and awe of him.

I do think the village is a safe haven - minus the Governor. I think he is crazy. No doubt about that. But 75% of the people in the village would not be alive if they were not behind the walls of the "compound".
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    And i've said this before and ill say it again. A woman, even if she has never given birth, when stimulated, can start to lactate. Hershel as a doc should know this and tell Maggie to give it a shot. What happens when they cant find any more formula? Better hope they find a costco

Wow. I didn't think about that. That's just twisted.

When Daryl and Maggie found the daycare, was anyone else thinking that they'd have to fight off a horde of pre-school zombies to get out of there? Or at least they'd encounter a baby infant zombie? and all they got was a possum. Total ripoff.

lol at the zombie toddler thing. Thats exactly what i was thinking about. And why does everyone thing this is "twisted"? Its nature or this kid dies.

Before there was "formula," there was a person called a "wet nurse." It used to be a common thing for women to assist one another with nursing babies. Yes, it's nature. There's nothing "twisted" about it.

Let me expand/revise my previous statement: I think it's kinda twisted because it's weird to imagine someone else nursing a child besides the child's mom. It has that that the "Hand That Rocks the Cradle" vibe. When my child went to infant care, we always made sure that it was mama's milk that was clearly labeled to avoid cross-mom contamination. So to me, it's weird and bends my mind a little, like all ideas/revelations that are new to me. But you are right. Twisted is too strong of a word.

"Cross-mom contamination" is hilarious. :laugh: :laugh:

Milk is milk. They all have the same nutrients. And to think, moms used to "cross-contaminate" before there were bottles and sanitizers. :laugh: I wouldn't get too concerned. Before you know it, your kid will be sharing sodas with their friends at which time the real "contamination" begins. :laugh:

That was also before there were crackheads. You want your baby drinking milk from a possible crackhead mom's breast?

I don't think the survivors have to worry about crackheads, just zombies and a-holes like the Governor. :laugh:

I didn't mean on the TV show, I was quoting the comment about "When my child went to infant care, we always made sure that it was mama's milk that was clearly labeled to avoid cross-mom contamination" and then someone saying "Milk is milk. They all have the same nutrients. And to think, moms used to "cross-contaminate" before there were bottles and sanitizers. :laugh: I wouldn't get too concerned. Before you know it, your kid will be sharing sodas with their friends at which time the real "contamination" begins".
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    and Darryl never struck me as the "ooh! a baby! let me hold it!" type, but hell-at least someone stayed level headef.

I want Daryl's babies
  • ninisez30
    ninisez30 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I totally agree about the Gov and his so called safe haven. There is nothing wrong with keeping your guard up and being suspicious about a place that looks safe, in that world no place is truly safe. Michonne was right not to allow herself to get relaxed and get sucked into the front the Gov is putting on for everyone.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    and Darryl never struck me as the "ooh! a baby! let me hold it!" type, but hell-at least someone stayed level headef.

I want Daryl's babies

^^This^^
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I see a trend where the humans are becoming more dangerous than the zombies. We know what to expect from the zombies, and have learned how to deal with them... however, the humans are unpredictable and emotional, and as such, can be more dangerous than the zombies.

We've seen increasing instances where trust of humans is a major issue... From the bar shootout, to Shane, to the attempted sucide by whats her name at the farm, to the prison inmates to the governor. And now RIck.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it, (i've not read the book or comics) but i think the show is making a comentary of some sort. The farm was safe before carl went out poking zombies and the rick/shane deal. The prison was safe and then became dangerous becaus of the human inmates...and then became a safe place again before that one inmate sent things into a tizzy. We're startaing to see the same thing in the governors town. Interesting to say the least!
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Do yuo think it was irresponsible for Rick to take off when he has a new baby that needs to be taken care of?
    Yes. I kind of got upset over that but I don't like Rick anyway so it wasn't like I was disappointed/surprised.
    Do you think his actions are because he thinks its Shanes?
    I think it's more about the fact that his wife is dead.
    Does anyone want to see Andrea become Zombie Chow?
    No, I love Andrea. She's not my favorite but I think she's a really interesting character. Though I kind of want to slap her sometimes. Like with her thing with the Governor.
    What was that the Daryll Killed? A possum??
    Yep.

Now...I'm more concerned about Carol/Daryl's mental state/the baby than anything else going on.
    also i miss T-Dog. D: