1200 calories a day.

Options

Replies

• abeni117
    Options
    What if you are not hungry? do you have to eat the full 1200??? :noway:
    im noticing the healthier you eat, IE; fish, veggies, fruit, the less you eat- vs fast food
    and you actually get fuller than you would had you eaten fastfood which tends to make you more hungry-
    Naturally you will eat less because healthy food has less cals than fast food- this being the case-
    your stomach SHRINKS- is that bad??? ur just not hungry!
  • abeni117
    Options
    i eat more when im at work too i think it has to do with your peers eating around you , you smell the food mmmmm and automatically
    your "hungry" lol
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    im noticing the healthier you eat, IE; fish, veggies, fruit, the less you eat- vs fast food
    and you actually get fuller than you would had you eaten fastfood which tends to make you more hungry-
    Naturally you will eat less because healthy food has less cals than fast food- this being the case-

The full 1200? lol. You make it sound like a lot.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Add me if you want to see what I eat. Some days are better than others!
  • pickledginger
    Options
    Actually, your stomach tends to shrink a bit if you're living in junk, because it's low-bulk but high-calorie. And you tend to be hungry again sooner, because the starch and sugar tend to cause big blood-sugar swings.

For most people, if you're eating real food, eating when you're hungry is a great guide. Not everyone needs 1,200 calories per day. But if you don't eat much one day, and you're hungry the next -- eat!
  • abeni117
    Options
    im thesame way!!
  • abeni117
    Options
    awesome feed back, thanks- no im not eating junk, like i said im eating pretty healthy stuff.
    that gree yogurt stuff is pretty filling, coffee, cereal, chicken, brown rice, veggies etc.
    but sometimes im not very hungry and because im eating a lot of low cal stuff im not meeting that 1200 sometimes, or
    im meeting just under.
    ill just do as you said and basically "listen " to my body.
    thank you :drinker:
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Calories are not equal! 1200 cals of high quality protien, fruit/veg and healthy carbs are NOT the same as a Big Mac Value Meal! with quality you get VOLUME! Last Week I had an insulated Lunch Bag Packed with food and it was less than 600 cals.

This!!!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is set at 1100 calories, and it is doable but with a very limited menu. Adding exercise to my daily routine helps a lot, getting anywhere from 200-400 calories a day back from working out suddenly makes that eating goal a lot more realistic, plus helps to keep me motivated to work out daily.

So what you are saying is you tend to eat about 1400-1600 daily?
    Why not just set the diary to 1500 and eat that daily instead of 1100+whatever you burn?
    TDEE is probably about 2000-2500 if you are 5'3" and up while being active daily.
  • Faithys
    Options
    I aim for 1200 calories a day but I do have at least a couple of days a week I "cheat" but nothing too bad.:smile:
  • tamarine84
    Options
    Im currently eating 1200 calories a day. I dont log all my foods "breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Sometimes i'll add them all under breakfast, or all under lunch, what ever is easiest for me at the moment. i break all my meals down by their ingredients, i feel i get a better calorie count that way. This is the second time i've used this site/app and have lost a total of 86 lbs. i try to eat most of my carbs in the morning, my meats for lunch, and veggies closer to bed. I have a treadmill at home, when im hungry and dont have enough calories to eat, i run. i run till i burn enough calories to eat what i want. Feel free to add me. I'll be glad to help any way i can.
  • I have mine set to 1200. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Im currently eating 1200 calories a day. I dont log all my foods "breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Sometimes i'll add them all under breakfast, or all under lunch, what ever is easiest for me at the moment. i break all my meals down by their ingredients, i feel i get a better calorie count that way. This is the second time i've used this site/app and have lost a total of 86 lbs. i try to eat most of my carbs in the morning, my meats for lunch, and veggies closer to bed. I have a treadmill at home, when im hungry and dont have enough calories to eat, i run. i run till i burn enough calories to eat what i want. Feel free to add me. I'll be glad to help any way i can.

Personally I dont think a guy should be eating 1200 ever.
    More like 1600-2100 daily for fat loss.
  • Thubalubachub
    Options
    I have gone to the gym every single day (Literally) for almost 2 years !! I do the Life Fitness 95 Si stepper for 3.6 hours.
    It says I burn 1600 calories top level per hour. All together this is 4133 calories I burn per day. I eat 350-580 calories a day
    I know this is very unhealthy but I'm trying to get better. My life has been this way for almost a year ( eating so little)
    I weigh 123 pounds, I'm 17 and I'm 5"5 .

My questions are :
    Are my calories burned accurate ?
    Why is my body acting this way and weighing this given the circumstances ?
    How can I overcome this ?
  • lizznagelmiller
    lizznagelmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am also doing 1200 calories anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Eating below your BMR is very unhealthy and setting yourself up for failure.

Her BMR is probably around 1,200 because shes in her 40's.

Not necessarily. I am well into my 40's and my BMR is a decent amount higher than that. Age does decrease BMR however - about 100 calories for every 10 years, give or take.

Hmmm, mine is just a little over 1200 (1280 I believe) and I'm 39 years old (5'4"). So I guess this depends on body fat % and height too right?
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I have gone to the gym every single day (Literally) for almost 2 years !! I do the Life Fitness 95 Si stepper for 3.6 hours.
    It says I burn 1600 calories top level per hour. All together this is 4133 calories I burn per day. I eat 350-580 calories a day
    I know this is very unhealthy but I'm trying to get better. My life has been this way for almost a year ( eating so little)

My questions are :

You are at ideal weight for women 5'5".
    Cals burned don't look accurate but its hard to say without data from an HRM.
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've just started 1200 calories today and could do with some support because I think i'm going to struggle but nothing else has worked so trying this now!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

My questions are :

You are at ideal weight for women 5'5".
    Cals burned don't look accurate but its hard to say without data from an HRM.
    Is this real?
    How have you not passed out by now, Im twice your size and I cannot burn 1600 cal an hr.....
    When does your body rest and recover?
  • DankiStar
    Options
    Feel free to check mine out, I'm about 1200, only by accident though, I just don't eat much!