Ladies 5'10" and up, what is your weight goal?

Options
Just wanted to ask because a lot of the other women on the site are on the shorter side. What has your highest/lowest weight been? What weight was easiest to maintain?

Replies

• ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been stuck at the same weight for about 2 months, tho. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Height: 5' 9.75"
    SW: 198
    CW: 189 (100 days on MFP, an average of .63 a week loss with my calories set at 1 pound per week, and most of that came off during the first weeks)
    GW: 150
    Calories: 1470 (stay under the majority of the time)
    Movement: 30 Shed 3-4x a week and one long walk/ski (2-3 miles) on the weekends. When we get more snow, I will skiing an additional 2x a week with a ski club.
    Eating: I do eat carbs, sugar and some booze but I stay under on my calories. Like I said, I do not mind if this is slow -- it is more important that it is sustainable. But if I could blast off a little more weight with a temporary approach, I would be open to that too...
  • illuminatedms
    Options
    At my lowest, I was about 150 pounds. At my highest, I was around 205. I'm 5'10.5".

At the moment, I'm aiming for about 165-170, though I'm okay with being higher if it's muscle.
  • xBeckie_Sx
    Options
    Hi!! i am 5.10 and have lost 11lbs so far....

im trying to get down to 11stone, about 4lbs to go. My calorie goal is 1400 a day i dont go below! Ive cut out bread and processed foods to try and help which has helped me go past my plateau
    Hope this helps!! xx
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10"

HW was 245
    Currently 194

My goal is 160, though I'm just going to see how I feel when I get there. I was content back when I was 150lbs, but I was also 16 years old so we will see. :tongue:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'11
    SW: 190 ( I think, may have been more, wasn't wild about getting on the machine back then)
    CW: 149.4
    GW:157 (but got down to 144)

1st day attempting to get back to 145, where I felt the most comfortable. Right now I'm a tight 4 jeans, 6 dress pants, S tops. Eating 1600 cal/day and working out 30 min. 3 times a week, right now, walking or elliptical (off days I do a variety of crunches, push ups and squats). When I was eating to maintain I attempted to keep it around 1850, but typically went over and as a result gained...I'd like my 4/6's to fit with a bit of give...

I pretty much eat healthy (45/30/25) with some beer/wine/sugar thrown in.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'10" and my goal weight is 140-145lbs. My highest weight when I started here almost two years ago was 185lbs. I lost 35 last year but when the holiday season rolled around I slowly started losing control of it and ended up gaining 20 back as of this summer.

Now I'm back on track, down to 160-ish and determined not to let this season derail me :)
  • allystar87
    allystar87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Height: 5' 10.25''
    SW: 211 (12 months before I started MFP. SW on here is 195)
    CW: 190
    GW: 160. I was 160 at the start of college, and this is the weight where I have looked the healthiest in the past.
    Lowest weight: 150. This was my weight when I was in competitive swimming, and had practice for 3+ hours a day.

The easiest weight for me to maintain is about 180. I can usually maintain this while still eating out several times a week, drinking, and slacking a bit on exercise. Not that those are good lifestyle choices...

Feel free to add me. I just filled out my profile and am looking for people to help keep me honest!

-Alison
  • DrHeadBang
    DrHeadBang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    A goal weight of 170, which is what the charts all say is a normal weight for a 5'10" gal such as myself seems so small. I was 190 when I graduated high school (15? years ago). I just can't see myself being that weight. So I'm setting a goal of 200 to see if I can make it. Then, if I think I can keep going, I will.
    SW: 340
    CW: 320
    GW: 200
  • ashleagarrison
    ashleagarrison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is between 150-155. That is what I was when I started college (before I had kids) and where I would like to be again. I haven't seen anything close to that in about 5 years. I will be happy if I can get under 175 for an extended period of time. I just started MFP and I am hoping this journey will be more successful than my other attempts. You can add me if you want, I am always looking for a little extra accountability.

Height 5'10"
    Age 25
    SW 215
    CW 210
    GW 150
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5'11" and my goal weight is in the 150-155 range. I was 152 when I achieved my ideal body in 2009.

The weight is secondary though. I want to lose my blubber layer, shrink my stomach and butt, and get back to a size 6. I don't care what the scale says as long as I hit those goals.
  • texancountess
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and currently 150.5. My highest weight was 172. I'm currently aiming for 145.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna chime in and say that, barring lots of muscle, a 5'11" woman looks FANTASTIC at 175.
  • jenn8759
    jenn8759 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My highest has been 203 lbs and now I am 197.5, my goal is to get down to 187-189.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'11. My highest weight was 187. I currently weigh 178....not quite sure. I have been slacking lately. I think I would be happy at 160. Not sure. Mainly want to lose my bell fat!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10
    HW: 242
    CW: 165
    GW: 160
    LW: 151

I find the 160 range is easy for me to maintain, I am 160 in my picture. I have just finished 12 weeks of Michelle Bridges and I think I am touching around the 164 mark. I will be posting the shots this weekend

Personally I think we put far too much time focusing on a number - I would prefer to be ripped and lean then skinny and thin :)

Just me - takes a lot for tall ladies to make the muscles pop
  • cmagri11
    Options
    Hello..

I am 26 and 5'9. All my life I was no more than 130. In college I was the same height and in the 120 range.

HW: 177
    CW: 173.5
    GW: 135

I have a long journey ahead of me. Please send some tips or friend me for advice/tips on losing the weight and exercises to help my process.

thanks
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm 21 and 5'11''. My highest weight was 307lbs, I'm down to 276lbs. My goal is 180lbs because that's what I was in hs and I looked great. I was a size 14 then.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11

SW - 204.8
    CW - 204.2
    GW - 175

Before I was married I went on a silly "fad" diet program, I dropped almost 70 pounds (my HW ever was about 230 (non-pregnant)) and was at 167. It was an impossible weight for me to maintain personally, and some people did tell me that I looked a bit ill.

After my daughter was born, I did the WW plan and got down to about 170/175 and I really loved how I felt, and how I looked. SO, my goal is to get back there again, and concentrate on becoming a bit more active and work on toning too.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna chime in and say that, barring lots of muscle, a 5'11" woman looks FANTASTIC at 175.

That's where I'm aiming to end up and I'm that height haha. I thought I looked good when I was in that range when I was younger.
  • almartini11
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! This is all very helpful - many of you look amazing, and are very inspirational to me. <3