133lbs Lost! Hopefully w/Pic...?? Here's My Story...

Options
downtome
downtome Posts: 529 Member
I started my first day with MFP, and my first day of my lifestyle change on November 26th 2010. Married for 20 years, I had been separated for about 3-4 years. On Thanksgiving, as we sat at the table, my 3 sons were hesitant, and I knew they felt bad, to tell me that their dad had a new girlfriend! It wasn't that I wanted him back, i just didn't want to be left behind, feeling miserable about myself, with him moving on, and me sitting on the sidelines. Those words were all i needed for inspiration, and motivation! I had been over weight for far too long, and it was time for a change.
I weighed in at 315lbs, at some point I even believe i weighed around 330lbs. Something just finally clicked for me, I didn't want to hate myself anymore.I started eating healthier, and was watching my calories. Since it was just after Thanksgiving, there were left overs, and yes, I did eat some, I was just careful not to over eat. Over the last 2 years, I have have many good days, many splurge days, which I allowed myself so I wouldn't feel deprived of the foods I loved. There is NO WAY in hell I'm never gonna eat Mexican Food, Pizza, and all the other good things I loved. I just ate those foods, but I was careful for the rest of the day, and got right back on the next day. I believe that is the key, getting right back on track even if you have bad days, which I still do.
Before I started on my road to a healthier me, I was eating 2-3 pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream everyday, along with regular soda, and other junk. I slept most days, was severely depressed, and lived on Oxycontin because of back pain, which I am now off of! I have battled my weight all my life, starting my first diet when I was 8! I used to think, in my warped way of thinking, that if you blew it one day, mise well give up. I had to change my way if thinking, and unlearn all the wrong things I believed. Today, I use spray butter, eat more veggies, and fruits, lean meats, and just over all make better choices. I'm still not perfect, but I still keep trying. I want to lose another 17lbs, to reach my goal of 165lbs, and I know I will.
After I lost the first 115lbs, I was proud of myself, and could believe how far I had come, but I was still depressed about the way i looked. I had back surgery in 2003 which left me with an open stomach wound for 8 months, and it had laft an ugly scar, not to mention the extra skin from weight loss. I wanted to start dating, but I was horrified about how I looked.
I wanted surgery so bad, I wrote letters to the doctors and Dr, Phill Show....No response. I went online, and thought maybe I could talk to a plastic surgeon, and see if they could help me. By the grace of God, the first surgeon i picked was a woman which I believe God lead me to her. I went, and saw her, and because I am on Medicare, she said she wouold have to get prior approval. I sat in the waiting room, and while there, my head in my hands, depressed, and feeling defeated, a woman across from me, asked if I would like a prayer said for me. She said she felt that I needed one, a feeling she had I suppose, and I said yes. Before I left that office, I was on the schedule for my surgery for July 26th 2012, just 3 weeks away! I couldn't believe it, I knew this was the work of God! I felt like I had won the lottery, even better. Medicare doesn't do prior approvals, so she had to do her magic to get it covered, and she did. I ended up having another surgery again after that, because something went wrong the first time, 6 days later, I was back under. Because of all the pain, and pain meds, all I did was sleep, and so I lost 30lbs in 3 weeks, along with the 10lbs she removed...a total of 40lbs in 3 weeks which leaves me at 182lbs. Ultimate goal is 160-165. I feel very fortunate, and grateful for being able to recieve this surgery. I am still recoving, as I still have 2 very small open wound I have to pack everyday, but the difference this surgery has made is remarkable.
I also wanted to tell the people who are just starting their journey, I consentrated only my diet for the first 3 months, then I added exercise. Since my surgery, I have been slacking on exercise, but plan to gt back on track when I move once again. There will be many temptations, and days when the scale dosen't budge, but never give up! Keep at it everyday, and I promise you will reach your goal. Yes, it will be a long journey, and constant battle, but, it's so worth the struggle. I hope I have motivated some of you with my story, and keep you on the road to sucess. I also hope that you can see my pics, I am having touble figuring it out. Please let me know if you can't see them on photobucket.com. Good luck everyone, and especially with the holidays coming!
And a big thanks to MFP...I couldn't have done it without all you!
StartPicNov26th2010315.jpg
StartPic2Nov26th2010315.jpg
pre-op215.jpg
post-op-182.jpg
post-op182.jpg
post-op-182pic.jpg

The Before pis are so horrible, I am so embarassed!

They are also on my main profile page!
Thanks

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt be putting accounts and password info on here

you should be careful

up to you tho
  • downtome
    Options
    Its no biggie, they are just the pics i tried to upload. I will change the password later. There isn't anything else on there. I appreciate you mentioning it though. Although, maybe people should just go look at my main profile page! Makes me mad I can't figure out how to add the darn pics.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You wrote the code correctly. You just need to change the IMG part to lower case letters. img

P.s. you've done an AMAZING job!! You should be SOOOO proud of yourself! You're an inspiration to us all :)
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    change the IMG to img at the beginning and end of each... Congrats on the loss!!!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options

pre-op215.jpg
    post-op-182.jpg
    post-op182.jpg
    post-op-182pic.jpg

You have to make the IMG lower case :) Thanks for sharing! Also, I would probably take down your password so nobody can mess with your account.
  • nyxrun
    nyxrun Posts: 60
    Options

pre-op215.jpg
    post-op-182.jpg
    post-op182.jpg
    post-op-182pic.jpg

You should NEVER put user name and password up on the internet...please edit your post and remove those :)
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and your story. It is truly inspirational. I am about half-way to my goal and am praying that I can get through this second-half. But with stories like yours, it makes me feel like it really is possible. Thanks!
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Its no biggie, they are just the pics i tried to upload. I will change the password later. There isn't anything else on there. I appreciate you mentioning it though. Although, maybe people should just go look at my main profile page! Makes me mad I can't figure out how to add the darn pics.

If you just change the "" to a lower caseon both sides, I believe they will post here.  Congratulations on your success! What a wonderful story to share with those of us who have a lot to lose.
  • jltorres0214
    Options
    Wow you really inspired me with your journey. you are right there are time i feel frustrated when the scale dont move at all and I know that i do all the exercise and eats well under my calories. but reading your story makes me inspired and motivates me to continue. anyway sorry for my english co'z im not american and i am not so good at it. anyway thanks for that wonderful story of you for sure it will inspire a lot of members here.
  • downtome
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    wow...awesome work

from a beast to a beauty
  • JennaLoren
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your hard work paying off!! You and I are about the same weight right now, and your goal of 160-165 is my goal also!!! I had a baby in April, and was married in August, and was able to lose the baby weight and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Now that our honeymoon is in March, my next goal is to get back to the weight I was when I first met my husband, 8 years ago. Wish me luck!!
  • downtome
    Options

pre-op215.jpg
    post-op-182.jpg
    post-op182.jpg
    post-op-182pic.jpg

You should NEVER put user name and password up on the internet...please edit your post and remove those :)
    Done! Thank you! :smile:
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!
  • downtome
    Options
    Congratulations on all of your hard work paying off!! You and I are about the same weight right now, and your goal of 160-165 is my goal also!!! I had a baby in April, and was married in August, and was able to lose the baby weight and get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Now that our honeymoon is in March, my next goal is to get back to the weight I was when I first met my husband, 8 years ago. Wish me luck!!
    Good luck to us both! I was stuck for 8 months without losing one single pound! After the surgery, things started moving again, and put me back on track! Keep up the great work, and have fun on your Honeymoon!
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, totally different person. Congratulations!!
  • missroro1023
    Options
    What an incredible story about how you made the choice to change your life!!!!!! :D:D
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is simply amazing and you are gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to share your stories and pictures!
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe it's the same person! Congrats!!
  • ambate2
    Options
    that is just downright INCREDIBLE!!! Way to go! you're an inspiration and i'm proud of you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!